3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Daily Thread (Simply Filling/Core) January 1-15 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/272359-daily-thread-simply-filling-core-january-1-15-a.html)

Tejas 01-14-2013 07:43 PM

:welcome: newcomers....and, good luck to you and us!!

Nancy, I agree with you about the gym vs walking, etc even though I go to the gym. I was just thinking this morning that I need a gym buddy. I had one in Toronto, but not here.

Sandra :hug:

sloanie 01-14-2013 09:18 PM

Welcome new chickies!

Sandra, praying for you and your DB. I think moody is definitely appropriate for your situation, but I hope you feel chipper soon!

pam920 01-14-2013 09:51 PM

welcome newcomers. Great group of chickies on this board.

Sandra, hope you are more UP tonight. When does your brother have his surgery?

I love walking. We walked this morning and this evening I went for a solo walk for 10 minutes. My eating has been good today.

My husband is going back to KY to help his sisters with his mom. She has alzheimers and he will go there for a couple weeks so they can get a break. It's too expensive to travel from Ky to Fl, not to mention the drive is too hard on him, so I told him to just stay in KY. He will go to his parents to relieve the sisters and then back to our place the rest of the time. He will do this monthly. I am staying in Florida until March or April. We won't see each other for over 2 months. That will be the hard part. I could go back to KY, but the thought of going back to the cold weather, when we have this place in FL is not appealing to me. I guess we can skype when he is back at our house. We are going to have a challenge to see who can lose the most weight while we are apart.

Have a good evening

Tejas 01-14-2013 10:35 PM

Pam, that would be a difficult separation but that is so good that he can and will help. I could never get my DH to skype..too complicated for him :lol: He would be the first to admit it.

Tejas 01-15-2013 10:04 AM

We have snow :dance:

I'm making French toast and to heck with it!

I found a great dip---white bean hummus--yummy with carrot sticks.

Also, I blended chia seeds, wheat germ, flax seeds and hemp seeds...I figured out that one T of the mix is 50 calories and of course it is full of antioxidents and other good stuff.

pam920 01-15-2013 11:23 AM

French toast can be healthy. I use whole wheat bread, egg, ff milk. I use sugar free syrup and cinnamon.

My dh is cutting the grass and Rhonda's getting snow. Crazy.

Tejas 01-15-2013 01:00 PM

Except for the ww bread (out of it right now) I did use healthy ingredients...also added vanilla...it was delicious!

The snow is melting off the streets, thankfully.

ontarget 01-15-2013 05:05 PM

Thank you for the hugs. I had a long chat with my brother yesterday and feel better. He seems upbeat, so I guess I should be, too. It's just that I'm his older sister and used to defend him when necessary when we were growing up. I remember one time he was arguing with a classmate. The classmate threatened to get his big bro to beat him up. My bro said he'd get his big sister to beat up his big bro. The classmate got quiet. They knew I could do it. Ya'll didn't know I could be tough, did you? :lol:

I'm debating on going back to WW. Not sure yet.

:welcome: Enchanted. Join right in. Maybe you can give us a jumpstart. I know I need one.

Pam, I don't envy you the long distance from your dh. Curtis and I spent time apart before I retired and moved to Montana. It was tough.

Rhonda, we just had a little sleet and cold rain, but that didn't keep me from celebrating "white stuff." :lol:

Okay, I'm headed over to WW to see what I can to help me decide on whether or not to rejoin.

sloanie 01-15-2013 08:45 PM

Sandra, I'm so glad your brother is feeling upbeat. Love the story of you beatin' people up! Kinda scared me a little :yikes:

Hope you are all having a great night!!

nancy237 01-16-2013 02:48 AM

Son came home today to prepare for his new job in the mountains, hiking with
at risk kids . I wasn't as strict with my carbs, but did pretty well.
When we were shopping I got light leaded and had to grab a pack of jelly beans
quickly..
Son will leave tomorrow and I get to keep his dog for a week. I just said a few days ago that I needed a walking buddy !! I was thinking human, but Riley will
listen as long as I talk and agree with me 100%