Old 01-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #16  

Height: 5'4"

Youngest son worried me yesterday with flu like symptoms. Since he had just returned from Africa I of course googled all the things he could have brought home from there..Scared me to death..He was feeling better today and headed back to school. He has strict instructions to go to an ER if he has anymore fever..

I am getting my house back to pre-holiday condition..
Took down the no chainsaws needed

I am going to try to reevaluate all the things I keep this year.
I have been reading a minimalist blog that is helping. It says sometimes
organization is just well planned hoarding..Its true that sometimes I group things and think I have done something when really I shouldn't be keeping
most of it anyway..Planning to move has made me realize that I need a bigger place just because of my stuff that I never use..That is crazy..I want to have an attic in my next house to store all my current attic stuff ..I don't need 90% of the things in my attic...Everytime I send things away (give away,sell,throw out) I feel some relief ..I just gave my son 2 dish drainers, because I had 3 dish drainers that I don't use...

Last edited by nancy237; 01-04-2013 at 02:00 PM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #17  
focused and aiming

Nancy, Glad you got rid of a dish drainer. Now start tossing but be careful not to over-toss. I am glad ds is better. I'd be worried, too. I hope it's just a cold or even the flu.

Pam, I struggled with my snacking some last evening but made it through all right. Thank goodness for some lo ham.

Rhonda, you'll do well. I have no doubts at all. You have a wealth of "to it"ness.

Today is day 3 CORE(ish) for me. Whatever I am doing and will do has to be better than the free-for-all I had been having.

Vickie and Sloan, I hope you're having a good day.

Sloan, I guess it's WW tomorrow for you. Let us know how it goes.

Vickie, I'm not going to WW right now. I will if I start having problems, though. Are you going?

Maryann, I hope you're feeling better.

Have a good day, all. I will be back later.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #18  

I'll take a dish drainer. No wait, I have one, but you never know when you'll need another one, lol.

I'm pretty excited. My internet friend is in Florida and we are meeting up for dinner tonight. I've been friends with her for about 15 yrs but we never met. We are meeting up at Carrabbas (my favorite restaurant). She lives in Missouri. Her brother in law lives in Ft Walton Bch, in the panhandle but she said she was making sure we got to meet up this visit. So, it's out of their way to come here.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Tomorrow is "D day". I am going to an 8:00 WW meeting. I really dread the scale. I am almost back to my heaviest weight ever! Wish me luck and

Nancy, sometimes I toss too much! It seems like every time I get brave and get rid of something I haven't used in years, I wish I had it back in about 3 days! It is freeing though

Pam, have fun with your friend!

Sandra, congrats on being CORE (ish) for three days

Rhonda, how are the little girls? Hope they are all better

Hey, Maryann and Vickie

Hope y'all are having a great night! I'll let you know how WW goes in the morning

Last edited by sloanie; 01-04-2013 at 07:11 PM.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:30 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Good Morning:

The kids---3 boys and 2 girls--who were expected for New Year's are all better now. But, I have not re-issued the invitation That was a once-a- year chance for their parents.

I did fairly well with food yesterday, and today I start back on the two protein shakes and one meal a day routine. Right now, I'm not counting calories but just trying to do what's right.

We took some of our books to the book sellers and got $17. That more than paid for lunch out. The rest are going to the second- hand store that sells for Habitat for Humanity or just to recycle.

Nancy, I think it is correct that organization is organized hoarding. I'm being ruthless with my books. I have moments of "oh just keep them" but I get over it. Now, my Christmas decorations---that's another story. But, I can see another way of living. I have a great-nephew who lives in a cabin in Vermont that is only 400 square feet, has no running water and is heated with a wood stove. It's a matter of principle for him.

Pam, I hope you had fun with your friend. And, good luck Sloanie.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:52 AM   #21  

morning chickies.

Sloan, good luck at WW today. It seems like every Jan, they rename their program, but it doesn't really change. Curious what they are doing new that made them change the name.

Rhonda, I don't think I could do 2 shakes and one meal. I like to eat too much.

Had a great time with my internet friend. She was everything I thought she'd be. The men hit it off. It was non-stop chatter.

Have a great weekend.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:15 AM   #22  

Morning everyone...

I decided to go back to what has worked for me ..Low Carb..I can't eat much wheat anyway and at least I am not hungry doing Low Carb.. If anyone is on Pineterest, I found a neat collection of Low Carb Lunch ideas ..Pineterest is strange when you set it up but once set up its easy to just add any internet idea to my site . Its like an online filing system of ideas..

My morning routine needs help..It takes me forever to get going in the mornings when I don't have to be anywhere..Any morning routine ideas ??
I have a friend that gets up an hour early to read..A morning walk would be great if I could make myself do that..

Rhonda..I am taking one space at a time and you are motivating me to start my book room..I really only want to keep some fiction for guests , some favorites & reference..But I love my books...

My realtor says Feb is a good time to return the house to the market..Being the procrastinator that I am I may or may not do that..
I just saw a job posted at an elementary school 20 min away that begins Feb4th. I think my references for the local application have expired so I need to get those up to date before I may apply.. Kinda neat that it would be Feb-June and then summer break..
Old 01-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies! WW was good this morning. I really like the leader, she is very upbeat, and I like that. Honestly, I didn't even focus on the weight she wrote down, but I think it was 152.something. I will update my tracker later. I cannot believe I have allowed myself to gain all of the weight that I lost! Oh well, I have gone through the "big M" since I lost the weight, so that may have something to do with it. I am not making excuses, though. I have definitely slipped back into old habits, and I know that is most of the problem. Today, I plan to do some cooking for the freezer so I have lunch ready. I also need to plan some filling breakfasts that are low point and don't include milk or oats. Both of them hurt my tummy Suggestions are appreciated.

Pam, I am so glad you got to be with your internet friend, and that she was everything you thought she would be. WW has not changed the program much. I don't know how long it has been since you were there, but the only difference I see is that you can switch from core to points plus on a daily basis (it used to be that you had to stay on one or the other for a week at a time). I believe the re-vamp this time is more of a focus on behavior modification in all areas of life with more information on the science behind why we eat the way we do.

Rhonda, your nephew sounds like an interesting person! Glad the kiddos are all better. I like the idea of the "once a year" offer. Makes me smile

Nancy, I am quite addicted to Pinterest. I follow you, so I have been seeing some of your low carb pins! The job at the school sounds good. You are right, summers off are wonderful. Even though teachers end up doing "school stuff" a lot during the summer, it is still nice!

Hey Sandra, Vickie, and Maryann!

TTFN, chicks

Last edited by sloanie; 01-05-2013 at 12:58 PM.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Just made this, and it's delicious:

This is from Mario Batali's cookbook Molto Italiano

Makes 4 cups

1/4 Cup extra-virgin olive oil

1 spanish onion diced

4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced

3 Tablespoons chopped fresh thyme

1/2 medium carrot, finely shredded

2 - 28 ounce cans whole tomatoes

Heat olive oil in 3- quart saucepan.

Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft and brown.

Add the thyme and cook until carrot is soft (about 5 minutes)

Add the tomatoes, with their juice, bring to a boil while stirring.

Lower the heat and simmer until thick, about 30 minutes.

Season with salt and pepper to taste.

The sauce can be refrigerated for a week or frozen for 6 months.

Last edited by Tejas; 01-06-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #25  
focused and aiming

Mmmmmmmmm, Rhonda. Sounds good.

Pam, I agree with Sloan. There was very very few changes made. 360 is mainly about setting some routines, tracking, and getting your home and other places WW-friendly. Well, it's also about exercise.

Nancy, Feb is coming up soon. Feb-June sounds good to me. Go for it!

We had some red wine tonight. (Neither of us really liked it. We're not red wine folks even though it's healthier than white wine.) Life goes on.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:10 PM   #26  

agreed to keep my Grandson on a short notice, but he is sick only 20 minutes after getting here.. This may have been a set up
Old 01-05-2013, 08:44 PM   #27  
focused and aiming

Sorry, Nancy, I couldn't resist.

Last edited by ontarget; 01-05-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #28  

too funny, both of you.

I thought maybe WW didn't really change anything. They make a big deal every Dec. to draw in new clients.

I love Pinterest. Whenever I find a new recipe, I pin it instead of writing it out. Much easier to take the laptop into the kitchen. I scribble, so it's hard to read my writing sometimes.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:19 PM   #29  

Pam, Good idea to put online recipes there. Maybe that will help me have
ingredient lists also on my Iphone at the grocery store.

My grandson feels better, just a temporary tummy ache. We are watching
the movie, The Mighty. Excellent family movie !!!
Old 01-06-2013, 10:10 AM   #30  
focused and aiming

Nancy, glad the evening worked out for both of you.

We're dressed waiting to go to church. Looks like we'll take the boat out on the lake today to chase some fish. Have a great day, all!