3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Daily Thread (Simply Filling/Core) December 15-31 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/271524-daily-thread-simply-filling-core-december-15-31-a.html)

Vickie 12-22-2012 04:56 PM

Ohhhhhh.....SO glad I checked her before my party! Thank you God.

nancy237 12-22-2012 05:50 PM

Wow Sandra, I just read the bad & then good news !!!
That is like a Christmas miracle !! So glad !!

ontarget 12-22-2012 07:24 PM

We're thinking it's a Christmas miracle, too. I think we all cried harder when we got the good news than we did when we got the bad. Tears of joy are pretty darn good.

pam920 12-22-2012 07:52 PM

Sandra, I was sad then cried a few tears of joy too. How awesome and for sure a Christmas miracle.

I tried a new recipe tonight. I loved it. Healthy too. Here is the recipe....
http://traderjoesrecipes.net/black-b...iladas-recipe/ ..... I used whole wheat flour tortillas instead of corn. I also used enchilada sauce (green one, not the red one) in place of salsa verde. It's a bean and sweet potato enchilada. Sounds weird but very tasty

ontarget 12-22-2012 07:59 PM

Thank you all for the kind words.

Pam, that looks really tasty. Thank you for sharing.

sloanie 12-23-2012 09:33 AM

Hey Y'all! We arrived in OKC last night at 10:30, so I just saw Sandra's post. Our God is awesome!! I will continue to pray for good blood flow and healing for your brother, Sandra :goodvibes

Hope you all are enjoying the crazy days before Christmas! We will be shopping, wrapping, and baking today. Love you chicks!

ontarget 12-23-2012 08:28 PM

We are all so happy about my brother's progress. Life is good. This afternoon I finished Christmas shopping and wrapping. We are now officially ready.

pam920 12-23-2012 09:04 PM

Sandra, I know it's a huge relief for your family. I have a few things to wrap and then I'll be done too.

sloan, have fun with DD and family.

I went grocery shopping today. I am making a few desserts, to satisfy my daughter and her family. I'm making better than sex pumpkin cake. I made it once and it's to die for. Not diet friendly in the least. Also making an apple cheesecake and cake cookies. I'll do all this tomorrow. My daughter is leaving tomorrow to come to FL.

My knee has been bothering me for the last week or so. It's the knee I had the osteotomy done to. I've been getting pain while I just sit here and especially when we walk. It's also swollen. Hope it's not time for a knee replacement. Hopefully it will stop hurting soon. I'm going to take some tylenol for the pain. HOpe it works.

ontarget 12-23-2012 10:17 PM

Pam, I hope the Tylenol helps. Enjoy your family. Your desserts sound yummy.

Tejas 12-23-2012 10:50 PM

Sandra, your poor brother, and the rest of you. What a roller coaster. I'm praying that you continue to get good news.

Last night we danced our final tap performance of the year at an event called Polyphonics Spree in Dallas. It took us almost 2 hours to get there, then we weren't schedule to dance until 9:30---got on the stage about 10PM, and back home by midnight. We were worn out. But, it is an amazing audience of 100's of people hooting, hollering, cheering, clapping, singing, throwing balloons and confetti...it's a high to dance there. If they put up a you-tube of us dancing, I'll post it fro you.

I slept late, went to church, out to lunch, shopping and home again.

Tomorrow I'll be making apricot fried pies to take to DIL's house for Christmas Day. tomorrow night, we're going to great niece's house, but I'm taking a commercially prepared fruit cake and not cooking.

I'll be spending much of the holidays culling books. I have too many and hopefully the second- hand stores will take them for a bit of money, or I'll donate them to a resale charity.

We're expecting some cold weather, but of course, it's nothing compared to what others get.

ontarget 12-24-2012 12:41 AM

Rhonda, I hope you get a video to share with us.

My eating has been horrendous. Tomorrow Curtis and I are going to do better, but Christmas Day we're going to have a free for all.

nancy237 12-24-2012 01:28 AM

In Ga tonight at my brothers. My sister-in -law is a fantastic Christmas decorator ...me , not so much..
Pam, hope your knee is better & thanks for the recipe & Trader Joe recipe link.
Looks like they have lots of good recipes..
Rhonda.. your dance performances sound amazing..
Pam..the pumpkin pie sounds like something I could use "considering" :lol::lol::lol:

sloanie 12-24-2012 09:57 AM

Sandra, still praying for your brother! My family is planning a two day "free for all"!

Nancy, glad you are safe and sound at your brother's house. Enjoy!

Rhonda, the tap performance sounds fun! Hope we get to see it on youtube. Apricot fried pies are my absolute favorite!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hun:

Pam, sorry about your knee! Hope you can give it a rest, and it stops hurting. Glad you are getting to spend time with family!

Vickie, I'm wondering if Brodie has a special outfit for Christmas :hohoho:

Happy Christmas Eve, y'all!

ontarget 12-24-2012 03:46 PM

Merry Christmas Eve!

Hope you all are spending it the way you want. We're enjoying ours. Life is good.

pam920 12-24-2012 09:29 PM

hello chicks.

My knee is better today. No pain. We didn't do our usual walk. We cleaned and I went with my sis to get some last minute things for her dinner.

My kids are on their way here. Ran into fog and I'm worried about them. I told her to get a room if it doesn't clear up.

Finished my baking for the night.

Hope all my chick friends have a Merry Christmas.

Tejas 12-24-2012 10:53 PM

...home from the great nieces-we had a nice roast beef dinner. They didn't like fruit cake, so that means we brought it home. That spells trouble. How can you not like fruit cake and be in this family????

I'm sooo sleepy. :yawn:

Pam, I hope your family arrives safely.

Tejas 12-24-2012 11:16 PM

Take 2 minutes and see what the Polyphonics Spree is all about. There is no tape of us dancing on this one, but they do mention us---calling us "tap dancing grandmas" !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=u4PIQ2snvL8

Vickie 12-25-2012 10:14 AM

MERRY Christmas Chicks!!!!!

sloanie 12-25-2012 12:33 PM

:brr::snow4::brr:

Merry Christmas, y'all!

Tejas 12-25-2012 02:34 PM

:santa: Merry Christmas!! :tree:

:snowfight:

We've done our Christmas, have seen all of the kids and their gifts from Santa, and are home safe and sound before the roads get icy. Soon, it is nap time, then maybe we'll watch a movie.

ontarget 12-25-2012 05:53 PM

Merry Christmas!!

We had Christmas breakfast and gifts at my son's this morning. We had a great time. Now we're home still eating on Christmas treats.

Pam, did your kids make it all right?

nancy237 12-26-2012 12:50 AM

Merry Christmas Chicks !!!

I am really enjoying seeing family in Ga...

:clause: :chicken::chicken::clause:

Tejas 12-26-2012 11:06 AM

Happy Boxing Day....:)

ontarget 12-26-2012 07:22 PM

Having a time getting back on program today. So far--almost CORE. Guess that's better than a free-for-all.

sloanie 12-26-2012 07:38 PM

Day 3 of "free for all" for me :devil: I will definitely pay for it when we get home!!

ontarget 12-26-2012 09:10 PM

Enjoy yourself, Sloan.

Tejas 12-26-2012 10:06 PM

Enjoy Sloan. I'm trying to be restrained, at least a bit.

I stayed in the house all day because the roads are icy. There were over 100 accidents (mostly minor) in the Denton area today.

It was 19 F this morning. The dog wants to take a walk but I'm not going anywhere. :lol:

pam920 12-27-2012 12:13 PM

morning chicks. Sorry I didn't make it in here on Christmas to wish you all a Merry Christmas. Yes, my daughter made it here safe and sound. They are going to visit my son in laws mom today.

Hope everyone is enjoying the season.

ontarget 12-27-2012 01:06 PM

Good morning, all. I just got up. I'm having allergy problems and am not feeling so hot. But it's a gorgeous day even though it's cold. The sun is shining; the birds are singing; and there were a couple of roadrunners out back puffed up like turkeys.

Pam, glad your family made it safely. Enjoy the visit.

Rhonda, we just barely got that dusting, but we did get over an inch of rain.

I'm still eating CORE-ish. We're having tamales for lunch.

Tejas 12-27-2012 10:11 PM

tamales!!! DH is cooking chili...for tomorrow.

I'm going through a great purging of my books. It is painful. My books are my history and I feel like I'm going to disappear :lol: I will still have plenty and I won't miss any that I get rid of, but boy it's not easy.

Sandra we had rain the day before the snow...we've had it all, but today it is melting and we went out for breakfast.

Vickie 12-27-2012 10:15 PM

Rhonda, check out this site. I know people who have gotten some nice cash back.

http://www.cash4books.net

They don't want my romance novels. :-(

sloanie 12-28-2012 02:58 AM

Rhonda, I wonder if you could make some color copies of the covers of some of the books you are not keeping and frame them. They might make for interesting art in a den or hallway.

During our visit to OKC, we ate at a mexican restaurant where I had chicken tamales with sour cream sauce. Amazing!!

ontarget 12-28-2012 02:11 PM

What we had were chicken tamales. Fantastic!

Sloan, you have some clever ideas. Are you back in Tennessee now? I wish you had had better weather for your trip to your daughter's.

Rhonda, breakfast out sounds good. We were going to do that after my doctor's appointment this morning, but I wasn't feeling well enough. Now I'm hungry!

Got a shot and meds this morning for sinusitis. I think I got to the doctor's just in time. I'm better already. It was rough yesterday.

sloanie 12-28-2012 02:56 PM

We are back at home. Our trip was lots of fun, and having a white Christmas was awesome! As we came through Arkansas, we realized that we had dodged the bullet in OKC. The OKC snow was just enough to make things white, but in Arkansas, they had several inches. Even though school hasn't started, I am already hoping for some snow days!

Sandra, I'm glad you went to the doc when you did. Rest, fluids, chicken soup, cozy fire, and wine is my prescription!

Have a wonderful day, y'all!

ontarget 12-28-2012 03:47 PM

Sloan, I'm glad you're home safe--and I like your prescriptions.

Tejas 12-28-2012 06:42 PM

Vickie and Sloan---we have a good book seller here whom I'm going to try first..but thanks for the tips. I know a woman who took the spines of old, discarded books and pasted them to a wall to look like book shelves. She also stacked up a lot of old books in a fireplace that she doesn't use. Both were quite effective..I had thought of making copies of some of the covers, Sloan, and making some kind of art with them--posters, collages, or shadow boxes. I should do that before the books are out of the house. BUT, I have a LOT of books...I could just choose a few I suppose. If I could make a decision, I wouldn't have so many :dunno:

Sandra, I'm glad you feel better. I've been feeling not quite right for about a week. I'm hoping it's just fatigue from Thanksgiving hullabaloo, tapping, having company, etc.

Sloan, I'm glad you're home safely--I was wondering what that weather was doing to you.

It looks like we're having FIVE kiddos here for New Year's Eve. We started with 3, so what's 2 more? :faint: They'll spend the night and , hopefully, their parents will come early to get them! :lol:

ontarget 12-28-2012 07:44 PM

Rhonda, I hope you're not coming down with something. Enjoy the little ones NYE. You have more energy than I have.

Tejas 12-28-2012 10:37 PM

I made this for dinner, and it was good.

http://www.food.com/recipe/balsamic-...-salmon-106257

DH's family are all sick with some stomach virus! Oh boy...I really do hope we don't get it. I don't think it's what is bothering me, because I've been out of sorts for a week or so.

ontarget 12-28-2012 10:51 PM

That looks delicious!

Rhonda, I hope you and Doyle don't catch that bug.

I'm feeling better tonight. (It's about time!)

nancy237 12-28-2012 11:15 PM

Peaking in to say hi..
I am home from my brothers and went to see Les Miserables today with my cousin. Going out of town again for a few days to see a childhood friend..

I have a hard time parting with books too...

Next week I am going to do some sorting to try to get rid of even more stuff.
I feel like I haul stuff out constantly and never make a dent..

Sandra..glad you are better

Boys are in Africa and loving it..They are such dare devils I hope they don't
try to herd some safari animals ...