3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Weekly Chat (Simply filling/Core) Nov. 16-30 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/270003-weekly-chat-simply-filling-core-nov-16-30-a.html)

Tejas 11-16-2012 02:58 PM

Weekly Chat (Simply filling/Core) Nov. 16-30

New Pages!

ontarget 11-16-2012 06:20 PM

Rhonda, thank you for the new pages.

I don't know much to say today, so I'll just :wave:

pam920 11-16-2012 06:30 PM

thanks Rhonda.

Sandra, not much to say here either. I'm so sore from painting. I can barely lift my arm, my back hurts, my butt hurts, my chest hurts. I guess I used a lot of muscles that have been laying dormant for awhile.

Tejas 11-16-2012 06:49 PM

Pam, nothing like painting to make everything hurt. Thanks for reminding me why I haven't done any in 3 years! :lol:

Another explosion in the Gulf...my, my. Also a fire in a chemical plant not too far from here, but not close enough to be a problem for us, at least not directly.

We spent the morning going to the oldest grandkid's Grandparents' Day at school. We spent some time with the younger kids at home then went to the school. We had fun eating lunch with him, going to the book fair and to his classroom. It only took about 4 hours total and we enjoyed it.

We're not doing anything tonight.

I won't miss Twinkies, will you?

ontarget 11-16-2012 07:25 PM

Naw, I won't miss Twinkies, but I might miss those chocolate cupcakes with the filling. :lol:

Rhonda, your Grandparents' Day sounds like ours. They are wise to attach them to Book Fairs, aren't they?

Pam, I don't paint at all. It would be a Lucy episode. Sorry you're sore. How about a nice hot bath?

pam920 11-16-2012 08:33 PM

Rhonda, i won't miss twinkies. Quit eating those things years ago. My dad loved the ding dongs and susie q's. Did Hostess make them? I did grow up with Wonder bread.

Sandra, I'm picturing you.......oh Lucy...........

I have a nice soaker tub with jets. I guess it would make sense to use it huh, lol?

ontarget 11-16-2012 09:17 PM

Sounds soothing, Pam. Enjoy!

Tejas 11-16-2012 10:01 PM

UH, Pam, get in the tub!!!

Sandra, we spent $98. at the book fair.

nancy237 11-16-2012 10:17 PM

Hey everyone...

Pam , come over and you can use the hottub !!!

I went to see the movie Lincoln tonight with a friend.. Sorta slow, but good..
Most of the movie was about the politics of getting the abolishment of slavery passed...After the movie we ate at a place and had veggie lasagna that was
amazing..Would love that recipe...

Working around the house tomorrow and going out of town Sunday to see a friend ...

beach bum 11-17-2012 10:08 AM

HI LADIES:)

I didn't have any time to post this week and now I getting ready for my trip down to NY this Tuesday.

Have to wash my clothes, make a check list pack etc etc etc. Straighten out my house and get the bathroom & the kitchen done also. I was out Wed Thursday & Friday.

Don't know if I will be on the board ,so I'm going to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving and DON'T EAT TO MUCH.

Have a great day

ontarget 11-17-2012 10:48 AM

Nancy, I was wondering about that movie. I'll prob see it but might wait till it comes to HBO

We're having vegetarian enchiladas Thanksgiving. Friends from Houston are coming up and are bringing them. I'm making sides to go with it. Any suggestions? I'm thinking wild grain rice and a salad. (Doesn't sound like we'll be gaining any weight, does it?) :lol:

Maryann, have fun and be safe.

I need to go journal. Days I don't journal, my eating's out of kilter. Have a good day.

nancy237 11-17-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontarget (Post 4531535)
We're having vegetarian enchiladas Thanksgiving. Friends from Houston are coming up and are bringing them. I'm making sides to go with it. Any suggestions? I'm thinking wild grain rice and a salad. (Doesn't sound like we'll be gaining any weight, does it?) :lol:

I have a recipe for an easy Spicy Corn,Rice & Bean Salad that my family loves..
If you want it I will post it...

ontarget 11-17-2012 01:35 PM

Thank you, Nancy. Please post it. I'd love to try it.

nancy237 11-17-2012 02:27 PM

Corn, Rice & Bean Salad

2 cups uncooked rice
2- 16 ounce cans pink kidney beans -rinsed
3 cups corn kernels (I am partial to tender shoe peg )
1 bunch scallions- chopped (about 3/4 cup)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2/3 cup oil ( I cut this down some)
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 Tablespoons Cider Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Light brown sugar
4 pickled jalapeno peppers - stemmed,seeded & quartered
2 teaspoons chili pepper
1 teaspoon salt

Cook Rice
Combine rice,beans,corn & scallions & toss to mix.
Process the remaining ingredients & mix into salad.
Room temperature 4 hours or refrigerator for 24 hours
to allow flavors to blend..
Best served at room temperature.

ontarget 11-17-2012 02:39 PM

Thank you, Nancy. I'm printing this now.

Tejas 11-17-2012 04:41 PM

salad would be good with black beans too.....

sloanie 11-17-2012 05:16 PM

Been baking all day for wedding shower I am co-hosting tomorrow. I am soooooooooooooo tired! One good thing, I am about to make a quick run to a little church down the street from my house that has an annual Thanksgiving dinner that is to die for! Best cornbread dressing ever! I will get our supper to go and come back to start icing! I'll try to post a pic of my cake when I am done.

nancy237 11-17-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tejas (Post 4531784)
salad would be good with black beans too.....

I love black beans, I may try that next time...

I dumped out 8 junk drawers today on my dining table to sort...How do so many
things end up in a junk drawer..

Tejas 11-17-2012 08:02 PM

I have only 3 junk drawers....I am deprived!!! :(

I'm eager to see the cake, Sloan.

sloanie 11-17-2012 08:15 PM

Taking a break from icing:chef:. I have only one junk drawer and one junk house :rofl:

nancy237 11-17-2012 08:25 PM

They weren't originally designated junk drawers..Everything just ends up in drawers that become "junk " drawers..

I have them all organized now...feels so much better...

Going to bed early to read some of Smoke Jumper by Nicholas Evans .
He also wrote The Horse Whisperer Excellent writer !!

ontarget 11-17-2012 09:19 PM

Nancy, is he from Montana? Just wondering. I may google him to see.

Rhonda, black beans in the salad sounds good. There's a healthy nutrition store in Cleburne out where Penney's used to be in Nolan River Mall. I will go there next week to look for organic goodies. Who knows? We may start eating healthier.

Sloan, can I have some cake? I'm so ready to see it.

Tejas 11-17-2012 11:02 PM

Cake! I want cake! :tantrum:

Junk house---I like that.

I re-organized a big closet recently and that felt good. Tomorrow, I'm cleaning the refrigerator(s). :(

pam920 11-18-2012 10:12 AM

morning chicks.

i got the trim painted yesterday. Have a dresser to paint and hang curtains. Still sore,but not as bad.

I have one junk drawer here in Fl and 4 in KY.

Rhonda, I know that felt good to get your closet organized. Come clean my fridge when you are done. It needs it.

Sloan, be sure to post a pic of your cake.

Sandra, are you making that dip? It sure sounds good.

Nancy, did you get any more offers on your house? Is it officially off the market now?

Need to go shopping for my Thanksgiving dinner later.

Hi Maryann, and enjoy your trip.

ontarget 11-18-2012 10:48 AM

Pam, what dip?

We're having to work at keep up our spirits today. Guess that's maybe due to a lot of cloud cover outside. Anyway, we'll just keep on keepin' on. I found out last week that my brother is undergoing tests to see if his vascular system is good enough to undergo a procedure to save his right leg. I feel so sorry for him. Sorry about being so "down" today. I am going to start focusing on all the good things around. Life is good.

Tejas 11-18-2012 02:33 PM

Oh boy, Sandra...you've got a lot on your mind now. The cloud cover doesn't have to be dreary. My late husband said the grey of the sky shows off the green of the trees and grass. See if you can see that. I'm so sorry that your husband and brother are both hurting. Life is good, but it has its serious challenges.

In the meantime, I am thinking of the Israeli/Hamas conflict. My late husband, mentioned above, was Israeli and his family is all over Israel, from the north to the south.

I'm making stew and cornbread for dinner.

ontarget 11-18-2012 02:42 PM

Rhonda, thank you. I will focus on the good outside. I just finished mowing (riding mower) the front. There is some sunshine popping through now. That's also good for the spirits. I know you're worried about your family in Israel. Are you in touch with them? Can you keep up with them during this?

I am baking brownies. To heck with diets today. There's always tomorrow to get back on track. I've already licked the spoon. They are going to be good! Guess brownies will be a good substitute since I can't have any of Sloan's cake. :lol:

Tejas 11-18-2012 07:26 PM

Sandra, yes I'm in touch with them on FB. We talk every now and then, and I visit every 5 years. This year is the year that I should go, in the summer. We shall see what happens.

The stew, salad and cornbread were tasty.

sloanie 11-18-2012 08:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I uploaded a couple of pics. The apron shaped cake has tiny apples on it, and the apron pocket says "He's whisking her away". That cake is red velvet. The cupcake is key lime and has a glaze of lime juice and icing sugar along with the icing. They both got rave reviews!

pam920 11-18-2012 09:01 PM

sloan, they look delicious. Great job. You made both of them? Very talented.

Sandra, I hope your brother gets good news. Brownies sound good.

Rhonda, I hope your family is safe. I can't remember the last time I made stew. I should give it a try.

ontarget 11-18-2012 10:36 PM

Rhonda, FB is amazing, isn't it? I hope you're able to go this summer. Stew and cornbread sounds good. Solid and good.

I am almost sick from eating so many brownies.

Sloan, the cakes look yummy. You're very talented.

Tejas 11-18-2012 10:45 PM

Yummy-looking cake, Sloan...beautiful.

Tejas 11-19-2012 08:37 AM

Last and first on :dance:

Ok, everyone. We are headed into a busy week with lots of food and drink temptations. It's going to be tough, so hang in there. Enjoy but don't get too crazy :crazy:

I've started my day with a healthy protein shake: Greek yogurt, almond milk, egg whites, !/2 banana and dehydrated PB....yummy!

We're having the LR-DR carpets cleaned this morning (again)..did I say that already? Anyway, the dog got sick on Halloween and I can't get all the stains off the carpet.

My brother's ex-wife is in the hospital this morning getting a hip replacement, so I'll go see her later. Then, to the gym.

Exciting day :lol:

ontarget 11-19-2012 01:25 PM

Rhonda, sounds like you're busy. We're back from town and will be home the rest of the day. I'm making meatloaf, sweet potatoes, and other veggies for lunch.

Everybody take a deep breath. The holidays have begun.

Love you!

ontarget 11-19-2012 02:49 PM

Okay. I need help. I have been struggling. Yesterday I made homemade brownies loaded with walnuts. Today I've dusted. I need to start posting what I eat. Maybe that will help me stay focused.

I'm going to come back to this post during the day and add what I eat. My plan is to be COREish.

Monday Nov. 19
b--2 oranges

l--homemade meatloaf. I made it using the Pioneer's Meatloaf Packet. All I had to add besides 1 # burger was water and an egg.
--steamed cabbage/carrots with a little OO.
--canned whole kernal corn. (I add 1 packet Splenda and some Butterbuds)
--canned English peas. Same as corn.
--baked sweet potato (I sprayed my half with butter spray)
--ketchup

s--2 bananas
s--2 oranges

d--meatloaf, cabbage/carrots, ketchup

s--2 oranges and some grapes
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tuesday, Nov. 19

b--banana

l--turkey breast, mashed potatoes, English peas, salad/ Champaigne dressing

pam920 11-19-2012 04:26 PM

hello chicks.

Sandra, 2 oranges are not substantial breakfast. You need more food so you don't get hungry later in the day. Have you tried cinnamon on your sweet potato? I can eat them plain, but sometimes I'll add a little cinnamon and it's good.

Rhonda, I didn't walk today. It's kinda on the cool side and guess we are being lazy today.

I am cooking my traditional dinner. We can splurge one day of the year, right? I love my pumpkin pie, but DH doesn't really care for it, so I'm not making one this year. First time ever. Instead, we are having fresh fruit and I'll make a dip for it, with cool whip, cream cheese and dry pudding mix.

ontarget 11-19-2012 04:41 PM

Pam, we slept late this morning. I didn't have a lot of time between bfast and lunch. Thank you for the tip on cinnamon.

ontarget 11-19-2012 04:42 PM

I probably won't post my menus every day afterall. It's a hassle. I'm posting it on WW. That should be enough. Posting here was just a thought.

pam920 11-19-2012 05:08 PM

post it here Sandra. It will make you double accountable, lol

Tejas 11-19-2012 07:07 PM

I had the protein shake; cereal with almond milk; and now, beef stew. I've had one orange and two gluten free cookies. I have to fast after midnight because I"m getting blood drawn tomorrow for testing for renewing meds prescription.

I'll have more later.

My SIL came through surgery OK, they had her up walking within hours after the surgery. Tomorrow she goes to rehab.