Daily Thread (Simply Filling/Core) November 1-15

You're on Page 4 of 7
Go to
  • I have great news..

My friends breast mass seems to be cysts..They are just going to recheck in 6 months..Whew...

Did't mean that son has pneumonia now (just the flu), but having had it in the last few years makes him more susceptable the Dr said. Son said he is doing better today so that is great news too.

Had a showing this morning and haven't been very productive the rest of the day. I have been tired lately and just unmotivated..

Pam..did you say you had done South Beach..How was that?? I need to do something..It seems the more I try to worse I eat..
  • Nancy, that's good news about your friend. When will you find out how the showing went?

Rhonda, I'm glad you're getting some rest. I hope Doyle is feeling better. Does he have allergy problems?

Vickie, I'm taking it one day at a time, too. And I'd say "marginal" would describe how I'm doing, too. Today's been pretty good so far. I'm thinking of having a frozen banana in a few minutes.

Curtis is in good spirits considering. He's keeping his arm in a sling. That seems to help.
  • Nancy....great news about your friend!!

I didn't make it to yoga
  • Rhonda, I haven't done much today either. Sometimes it's good to just be retired, isn't it?
  • hi chicks.

I read everything and hope I can remember it all.

Sandra, so sorry about Curtis needing another surgery. My sis had both her shoulders done (rotator cuff). Hope this one works for him

Nancy, hope your boy is okay. We mothers worry, no matter what the age. Great news on your friend. I did SBD and lost 40 lbs. I still try to eat that way although I'm not always successful in sticking with it. You lose belly fat because you are eating healthy carbs. It's based on the glycemic index. It's a very healthy way to eat and I was never hungry. I really should get back to the basics.

Vickie, I fell asleep but work up to the acceptance speech. I'm tired today too.

Maryann, hope you can go to NY for Thanksgiving. Did your daughter fare okay?

Rhonda, you deserved that burger. Great that your clothes are looser. Wish I could say that.

We are walking everyday. The fronts of my thighs are killing me. Almost feel bruised. It's not from walking, as we've been doing it for a week now and they didn't hurt yesterday. My throat on right side has hurt since we left KY over a week ago. Just a low grade pain. I hate all these aches and pains.

Hi sloan. Have things settled down for you?
  • DH has fever of 102 and is in bed. It's not allergies--it's more like the 'flu. I think I'll sleep in the guest room

The Glycemic index approach does work--I lost the first pounds that way and should just stick to it!
  • Pam, sorry about the aches and pains. It's heck getting more mature, isn't it? This will be Curtis' 3rd new shoulder on his right side. He still has his 1st replacement on his left side.

Rhonda, be sure to keep an eye on Doyle. And you stay well, too.

Curtis has been getting phone calls and e's from many many friends in support of his upcoming surgery. This is really helping his spirits. Our eating is still questionable. Life goes on. Speaking of which, I gave a good friend a copy of the old CORE. She's lost over 60 lbs since the first of the year. Now we know my problem is not that I do not know what to do. Again--life goes on.
  • Sandra..The showing feedback said the person wasn't ready to make a decision..Liked the house.

I am ready to take it off the market and enjoy the holidays & winter..
    Realtor is talking me into another week or so..I had told her when we first
    started talking that if I listed this fall at all that it would just be up til Thanksgiving. I feel glad to have a break, get other stuff done & enjoy that hottub this winter..With everything done here on the house I am getting that rest I needed..

Rhonda..sorry about Doyle being sick..That stinks..

Pam...thanks for the SBeach info..I started eating sorta SB today..
    Will try shakes with Almond Milk for breakfast, salad for lunch, and various
    recipes for dinner..I need to walk like you are doing..
  • Hey to all you chickies! Sounds like everyone has some kind of concern hanging over their heads
    Sandra: still praying for you and Curtis
    Nancy: glad you are focusing on resting. Hope your son is feeling better!
    Rhonda: sleeping in the guest room sounds like a good idea. Hope Doyle is better today!
    Maryann: Hope your dd's family is okay and you get to visit for Thanksgiving.
    Pam: sorry you are feeling yukky! Getting "mature" is the pits!
    Vickie: hope you and Jim are well. How is he doing?

I am still working on both classes, prepping for the bridal shower I am co-hosting, doing Bible study, and being a teacher. I hate to wish my life away, but I am really looking forward to all of this being done. After December 8, I am officially taking a break!

I do have to give "props" to dh. He has really stepped up by doing house work. It has really helped a lot!

Have a happy day, y'all!
  • Sloan, you're right.

Hopefully, all will settle down for everybody here and we can get on with making healthy choices. Oops! I know. We should be making healthy choices anyway and some are. I confess I've been having things I shouldn't and need to get back on track.
  • Hi Ladies

Oh my!!! The wind is wild up here, all night long I heard the wind pounding my side wall of the house gave me a lack of sleep and last night felt like my house foundation shook. Because of the wild winds I didn't make the rosary but I did get to Mass this morning as the winds died down. This afternoon I have to have my haircut, along with a blow dry but I think I'll forget the latter,as why have it styled if the winds will just mess it up.

RITA and I went to a new restaurant but even though the prices were good they food was terrible. Rita had to bring back her French Fries as the were burnt and the second punch was limp. My chicken was over cooked,so after leaving the restaurant we went across the street to Dunkin Donuts. Didn't W-I this morning.

RHONDA-I brought 2 =4 packs of protein drinks but have used them this week I'm on Bread and water fast to see if the carbs are better than
    protein to stay focused on my weight loss so far it just the same. I found a surprise in my closet my black leather jacket that Leo bought be 4 year so start to fit tight and than it didn't fit but now the buttons close again so I along with you have lost inches.

NANCY-That wonderful news about your friend. That must have been a scary situation. I used to eat froz bananas years ago when doing WW,but I put chocolate on them before freezing. You got my hungry I have to go out and buy bananas again after this storm ceases. Happy to hear that your son just has the flu now,I thought it was the flu along with Pneumonia

PAM-Thanks,I hope that all this weather stops so I will be able to travel to NY on TG. She seems to be doing OK,as I haven't heard any different since last week.

SLOAN-Thanks,I hope that I will be there with my family as I haven't seen them since Easter.

Have a great day
  • Hi. I am on WW and really want to shift to simply filling. I want to eat more healthy foods and take the focus off of counting so much. I hope you don't mind me hi jacking this thread to learn more.
  • Pluckybear. It's so good to have you here. Rhonda used to live in Toronto, too. Congratulations on losing 21 lbs. That's good. I have officially (WW) lost almost 10 lbs but unofficially I am down about 50 from my highest weight. Read a couple of my posts back about a gf who has lost over 60 lbs doing old CORE since the first of the year. That's almost SF. She's loving it and is just breezing right along. (That's another reason I'm thinking of doing SF again.)

I have been counting points but am thinking of shifting back to Simply Filling. You're motivating me to do so. I will start Monday (even though that my husband's surgery day). If I don't, I'm afraid I'll hit the snack machines pretty hard. I'm planning to take fruit with me to the hospital. That should help. Also, there's a Subway just a few blocks away.

Maryann, I got my hair cut today, too. I got me some cute bangs and my stylist put my hair in an adorable braid.

Rhonda, tell Doyle I look a lot like our Aunt Ruth who was an old settler in the Yuma Desert. But I don't think she had bangs. Well, actually, her hair was a LOT longer than mine. Maybe I don't look like her afterall.

Our new heated mattress pad came today. Hallelujah! It will help tremendously with our arthritis. Our old one went on the fritz recently and we've been waiting on this one to arrive from Wisconsin. Okay, so I'm ready to go to bed tonight and saw me some logs.
  • Welcome Pluckybear...as Sandra said I was in Toronto--until Dec '09

I think I'm getting the cold!

We're watching Stephen Spielberg talk about horror films...oohhh....he's good..I'm scared!! He's talking about the Texas Chainsaw Massacre--which I've never seen....he's explaining that most of it was suggestion, you don't really see much. He said that A Nightmare on Elm Street was "genius" because the nightmare doesn't go away but follows you....hmm, a lot like fat!

I got a haircut today too, Sandra. It's short, short, short!!
  • Rhonda, I'll bet your "do" is cute and perky. I have mind in several braids now while it's drying. This supposed to make it wavy. I'm excited to see if it works.