Old 11-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #31  

Height: 5'4"

Rhonda...I know that is so hard to handle..Glad you are there for your neice..
My aunt was a tormented woman her whole life and when she had dementia my cousin asked me so many times about certain behaviors .."do you think that is the dementia or just mom" She was mean to my cousin growing up and it was easier for my cousin to deal with the awful things she said to her if she thought it was the dementia..

Sandra..worried about Curtis too..let us know what they say tomorrow..It makes sense to me that cookies for you would help his pain..I am an enabler!!
I will have some for him too !!

Mandy...movie popcorn & butter is my weakness too...Was probably 45 before I ever did that, but now its mandatory...

I got an offer on the house today but it was way low..Truely a low ball...I want to take it off the market for the winter and focus on going to work, family time, and sorting the rest of my junk..
I like the idea of getting it looking great in the spring with lots flowers..I have sorta decided to rent when I do sell anyway so I am relaxed about it being next spring/summer...

Everyone go vote tomorrow...I have to have my lab work done at 7:30 am for a physical next week,
so I plan to go from there..

Last edited by nancy237; 11-05-2012 at 09:19 PM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Thanks for the warm thoughts about my brother.

Nancy, I'm sorry you didn't get a better offer, but I bet you will in the spring, and you've got a good plan.

Sandra, I am so sorry about Curtis. Chills? That's awful---I'm so sorry.

I've already voted, Nancy---we go early to avoid the crowds. I won't be around tomorrow. I leave early to be an alternate poll judge and we'll work all day. Then I'm going to an election watch party.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:16 AM   #33  

morning chicks. I voted early too. We have rain, but not suppose to last all day.

Sandra, so sorry about Curtis. Keep us updated. I never knew eating cookies was good for pain. I'll have to remember that.

Nancy, I thnk your plan is good. I'm sure your house looks gorgeous in the spring with all the flowers blooming, etc. It's gorgeous now.

Rhonda, have fun today. We will be glued to our tv watching. Your niece is lucky to have you.

Mandy, I went on the south beach diet and broke my addiction to carbs. I've done WW and other diets since then, but I was able to control the sugar and bad carbs. It's a lot like Core. Good luck with WI.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:02 AM   #34  
focused and aiming

We voted early, too.

Glad to be able to share the knowledge about cookie power. We're up this morning and are about ready to go to the doctor. I think Curtis slept better last night, but that was probably due to oxycottin. (sp) He's still in pain this morning but won't take any meds till after the doctor visit.

I'm back on track this morning. I hope I can stay that way. I didn't go to WW but did wi. I have a small loss. That's encouraging.

Rhonda, my mother was bi-polar. I was the one she'd attack (verbally). She could be the sweetest lady and she could be tough and rough, too. How's your foot? Did it hold up well after tap?

Pam, we got some rain last weekend but could use more. You're lucky to have broken your addiction to carbs. I had hoped my abstinance from sugar would do that, but it didn't. I'm still hooked. I should probably make another commitment but not right now.

Nancy, spring is a much better time for selling property. We sold ours while our place was covered with roses. I remember spreading petals on the sidewalk for our realtor after it sold. She had told someone we had everything staged except rose petals leading to the door, so I took care of that.

Vickie, is your sister's birthday here yet? I love reading about your family gatherings. How's program? My friend that is doing old CORE has dropped 59 lbs since January. She's doing amazingly well. I need some of her "to it."

Mandy, were you able to dust off and start over? I'm doing that today. Wish us both luck and success.

Sloan and Maryann, I guess ya'll are busy. Hope you're having a good week.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #35  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

Height: 5' 7"

Talking Back on track

I'm trying hard to get back on track and stay there, but even if I eat something that isn't too healthy I always count the points. Today is a fresh week (for my WW points) and I'm planning on making healthier choices this week. I bought lots of fruit and some vegetables to snack on. I really want to get to 250 by the end of the month. I rode to work with a friend this morning and she stopped at starbucks and I haven't been there in a long time so I got a tall skinny peppermint mocha (2 pts) and it is such a treat. I sure can't tell that it's made with sugar free syrup and fat free milk, but they say it is. I don't plan on making it a habit, but it's good.

Sandra - Hope all goes well with your husband's doctor appt. today.

Hope everyone has a good day.
mandydawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #36  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Went to Mass and than out to VOTE. The place was crowded,as in Ma we have QUESTION 2 [[Assisted Physicians Suicide]] to vote for ,but of course I voted NO!!! as its against my religion.

I decided to go ahead with The green bean casserole and instead of putting mushroom soup in it I'm going to put chicken soup in instead along with cubed chicken That I get from the deli.

Otherwise nothing new,I didn't go to the movie this weekend as Mary went out with her late DH's cousins,so I stayed home reading a book. Tomorrow we Rita & I were suppose to go out to our weekly restaurant,but now we are expecting a Nor'easter with high winds and Thursday I have an appointment with the hairdresser so I can get my passport renewed.

RHONDA-Thanks for he pages, I didn't have one trick and treater at my house at all on Halloween so I decided to give the left over candy to the mothers at the bus top in front of my complex. Sorry about your foot,hope it better by now.

MANDY= to the thread,sorry I wasn't here when all the others greeted you. I'm found if I don't have the goodies in the house I won't be tempted. I used to be on WW core and the flex but the two programs didn't help me ,so my leader told me to find a weight loss program that did. I'm now on low carbs with fasting on two days with only Atkins shake for my meals those days,so far it working.

NANCY-Didn't see any reviews on Cloud Atlas at my theater,but we are going to have a problem if the owner of the theater doesn't get 4 digital cameras for his 4 rooms as the films are now coming in digital,and told us if hes doesn't get the money for this new cameras he has to close down. That's going to be upsetting to my friend Mary and I as we have to go to another town to see the movies.

PAM-Good for you walking I haven't since it gotten colder.I really should though. It just laziness I think,hope to start my routine soon.

SLOAN-It was easy to reading the new testament but the old I keep on putting it off as it so hard to read with all the names that they throw at you pages after page.

SANDRA-I'm still here ,just had a busy week and weekend after Hurricane Sandy. My sister still didn't get here her power back on and now there another possible storm heading our way tomorrow with winds starting at 40 MPH and than higher as the storm precedes. I might not be going to NY for the Thanksgiving holiday as it depends if this storm hits NY as bad as Sandy did.

Have a great day going to start my dinner.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #37  
focused and aiming

Maryann, I hope your new storm is easier on everyone and you get to go to NY for Thanksgiving.

Curtis is scheduled for another shoulder replacement this Monday. His doctor is calling the last one "failed." The new socket came loose. Curtis is in a lot of pain.

My eating's been bad. Tomorrow I'm starting over.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Sandra, I am so very sorry about Curtis! I will be praying that this surgery is a success. I know you are both frustrated. Hang in there, and keep us posted!!

Maryann, there is a very good preacher who has a four part series on the internet in which he does a survey of the Old Testament. It is very interesting and really pulls all the books together and shows how all of the books of the OT were actually pointing to Jesus. His name is David Platt if you are interested in listening to him.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:59 PM   #39  

Youngest son has the flu and he has had a bad pneumonia recently so that worries me ..I remind him about the flu shot but he still doesn't get one..He's on tamiflu, so that is good

A dear friend got mamogram results today of a mass in breast..We have been friends since childhood because our parents were all very close..She will get followup in a few days ..Praying it is not serious..She will have first grandchild born at end of this month..

Sloan..that OT series sounds interesting..thanks..

I am doing so much better about not worrying and stressing now that I am
doing my bible study and prayers..I feel like I have my balance back..

Mandy...I will have to try the skinny peppermint mocha..sounds good

Maryann...Hope they get that digital camera at your theater..I enjoy my local theater too..I have learned to go by myself without much thought..

Sandra..Monday is fast...hoping it feels better soon after surgery..How long ago was his last one. My son is having shoulder surgery Friday , but not as involved as Curtis'

Pam..South Beach sounds healthy..

I want to have a eating routine I stick too, like protein smoothies for breakfast, soup for lunch , salads for dinner..then do variations..
I think a meal routine would help me..
Has anyone had something simple that worked that they always did for breakfast or lunches..
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:27 PM   #40  
focused and aiming

Nancy, he had his right shoulder re-replaced mid-July, so it hasn't been long at all. I'm sorry your son has the flu.

Sloan, we're just ready to get this overwith. But yes, it is frustrating. We've been having a pity party the last 2 days. Both of us are going to get back to eating healthy tomorrow.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:09 AM   #41  

Sandra

I am so sorry about Curtis's shoulder. Hang in there....

I'll write more tomorrow....working the poll was exhausting. We had over 1200 voters. My foot is killing me Drugs!!

I'm watching a bit more about the election, then going to sleep

Last edited by Tejas; 11-07-2012 at 12:09 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:58 AM   #42  
focused and aiming

We walked 2 loops around the field this morning. That's about 2/3 mile. My friend is coming to shoot after lunch. We'll walk about that same amount then. Curtis' spirits are pretty good today. He's just ready to be pain free. Also, he's even having trouble picking up a glass of water with his right arm. Sad. But he'll be good as new after a short while.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:35 AM   #43  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Well Our Assistant Suicide amendment didn't go through TG.Now all those political phone calls will cease. They were so annoying.

Going out with Rita for our weekly Lunch. Its a new restaurant in town,so wish us luck they have good food.

SANDRA-Thanks,I just got a e mail from my cousin that lives in LI NY and she told me that they really got it bad there I hope that all will be good before I get my train tickets for the trip.Sorry about Curtis having such problems with his shoulder replacement. Going on My prayer list for your DH Curtis

SLOAN=Thanks, I have to look and see if I can find him[David Platt] on the Christian channels. As I really like to read the old testament,but if I can find someone that will help me get through it that will be fine.

NANCY-So sorry to hear about your son having the flu + pneumonia a double whammy. Praying that he get better soon. If the theater only got 1 or 2 cameras, that wouldn't be bad, as we could get good movies in the two rooms and the low budget ones in the other two rooms. This way we would be getting the decent movies we would like to see.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #44  

Rest, rest, rest is on my agenda today. I might take a yoga class this afternoon, but even that might be too much LOL

I was good yesterday with food while working the polls, but at the party I had a burger, sweet potato fries and a beer---and loved every morsel. Today, back to 2 shakes and a meal each day. I haven't weighed myself but my clothes are looser.

DH is sick with some bug, but is improving.

Nancy, I hope your son improves quickly.

I am NOT complaining about anything anyone here says about religion, but I wonder why 3FC thinks that is OK, but politics is not? Anyway, write away--I really do enjoy knowing what people think and why they think it. I hope when I die that if I'm in a great deal of pain no one will worry that giving me LOTS of drugs would get them into trouble of any kind. Bring on the morphine!! I'm a Unitarian Universalist who was reared as a Methodist and left that denomination over issues of racism in the 60's.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #45  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm exhausted. I stayed up until 1:30 watching the election. I'm ashamed to say I haven't been up long. I guess I crashed after all the nervous energy.

Sandra, I am SO SO sorry to hear that Curtis needs another surgery. It's just not fair. I'll be praying for him and thinking good thoughts.

Rhonda, sorry your foot hurts. Mine heel does too whenever I try to push it too much. It stinks.

My eating is marginal but not as bad as it was or could be. Not sure what today will bring!

Light and love to all of you.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote