Daily Thread--October 16-31, 2012

You're on Page 3 of 7
Go to
  • Nancy, your day was amazing. Makes me smile.

We just got home from Chicken Express. ( I took my lunch.) Everything is deep fried and I can't lose if I eat there. We ate there so we could get food quickly because we have to leave in about 5 minutes to go to a tournament. Fun day!
  • Hey y'all! Just wanted to let you know that I am crazy busy from now til December. Two college classes, Bible study twice a week, still trying to paint once a week, planning niece's bridal shower, and making another wedding cake for Dec 8 wedding. I will be checking in, but I may not be able to post much. By Christmas break, all of that should be done, and I will only be attending one college class once a week. Prayers appreciated!!!
  • Sloan, you are certainly one busy chickie. Prayers coming your way for all to go smoothly.
    Did I mention I love your avatar? It's really sweet.

I stayed op all weekend. It's good to be back on track. I won't be going to WW in the am as I'm subbing Tues-Fri this week. This is the last 4 day in a row I'll be doing. I have told them from now on no more than 2 at a time. I'm retired.

Have a marvelous Monday, everyone.
  • Good Morning Chicks! Taking Jim to the ENT this morning...the Doctor who did his tongue cancer surgery in 2006 to see if his current problem is a return. Prayers or good thoughts would be much appreciated.
  • morning chicks.

Vickie, prayers for Jim. I didn't know he had cancer. How scary for both of you. Positive thoughts.

Sandra, sounds like another busy week for you. Have fun.

sloan, are you a cake decorator? slow down and remember to smell the roses.

My daughter is giving me the works at the salon today to get me ready for Florida. Cut, color, wax. Then I have a lunch date with a friend I met this summer. Not sure where we will go. The place I suggested is closed for the Winter. It's on Lake Cumberland and they are only open during the summer.

I'm not real happy with my stress test results. It's scary having heart disease.

Have a great week chickies.
  • Hi Ladies

Yesterday & Today's afternoons are going to be dedicated to house work. UGHH!! but I haven't kept up and now it time to get it done before I start gallivanting again.

Rita is not feeling well so our Wed restaurant venture is going to be held over until Fri. Hope she better by then. Mary's is going out with her DD's for her birthday and Alice how knows were she is. On Thursday the choir is going to meet this lady that has been in our choir for along time at the nursing home that I was leading the rosary at. We decided to have our practice in the piano room.

SANDRA-Have lots of cook books to look at and anther woman on another board told me to make a big impossible pie veggie casserole where I can sneak in some meat or adding some beans would do the trick.

VICKIE-I'm putting your DH Jim on my prayer list. Hope everything will be fine.

NANCY-Hope the yard sale is successful,I remember trying to sell my house but my Leo was with me at that time. It must be troublesome selling it alone.

SLOANE-You sound like you're taken over my schedule. Take a breather in between.

PAM-Hope everything will go fine even of your stress test was off.

Have to go,and get my second wash in the machine,have a great day
  • Vickie, I had a feeling something was going on. You and Jim are in my prayers.

Pam, I didn't realize you were worried. I was hoping your news was good. You are in my prayers, too. I understand about having heart disease. I have it, too, but am doing really well. I hope you do as well also.

After reading both your posts, I don't feel right complaining about overeating today. In the big scheme of things, being OP isn't all that important. Both of you please let us help you all we can. We're family here.

Maryann, let us know what you decide to cook.
  • I had a meltdown yesterday afternoon. Today I will do better. I'm not sure what triggered it. Probably just my love of food. Problem is I still love it. I commit to ya'll that I will do better today.

Good morning. I'm at school and am excited I'll be able to get on here off and on. I need ya'll.
  • Good Morning Chicks! Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts. You are all good friends. The Doctor was cautiously optimistic that the mouthguard that Jim has been wearing is helping. He wants Jim to come back in 4 months for him to check it again. Jim didn't fall into the risk categories for the tongue cancer the first time so the Doc doesn't want to take any chances. He'd been cancer free for 5 years but it came back in the same spot. Sigh. I took Jim out for fried chicken comfort food after the appointment. I ordered lasagna and a meatball but the food was not good to me and I barely ate anything and I didn't eat dinner. I was alternating between hungry and nauseous. I think I was having let down upset stomach.

So....I'm starving this morning. Nothing to do today but loads of paperwork so I'll probably be at home.

Pam, I understand you being nervous. Will anything help you to feel more calm? Do you feel better when you are in Florida? When do you go.

Sandra, you can always complain....about anything. You know it doesn't matter big or small here. You know me too well. Between Brodie and Jim I've been a bundle of nerves. I got a slap in the face yesterday because I had to walk to and from the outlot yesterday for the appointment. I was winded and my heel hurt. NOT good. Congratulations on your loss! That's nearly 2 pounds. W A Y to go. Or should I say W E I G H to go?!

Mary Ann, hope your cleaning goes easily. Thank you for putting Jim on your prayer list. That always makes me feel so good.

Gotta go eat breakfast!
  • Vickie, be careful with all the stress. Don't let it get you down. So far so good for me today. I brought 3 bananas to snack on. I think I might turn into a monkey. I also brought a Vita-top muffin. I think it's just 3 points. I'll have a WW TV dinner for lunch.

Right now I have a student teacher conducting class. That's how I'm able to be online. The class is Livestock Production. It's actually really interesting. I'm learning something.
  • Hi everyone:

I'm writing from Ottawa where I arrived this afternoon. My friend picked me up from the train station and we went to her apartment to learn that her husband, who is very ill and immunosuppressed, had taken himself to the ER because his temperature was elevated. I'm at their apt. and she has gone to ER. She called to say that they think he is OK.

I've been in Toronto and in Hamilton Ontario. I am VERY tired, but it's good that I came. My foot is not bothering me, and I'm wearing only hiking shoes. I'm obviously not going any place very fancy

I've read the posts above. I'm sorry people have health worries of their own and that Vickie's Jim hasn't been well.

Sloan, next time you're in OKC you should let me know. You're only 2 hours or so away then.

I won't be on much, if at all this week. I return to Texas Monday night.

I'm eating my way through Ontario

Stay strong!!
  • Rhonda, it's good to hear from you. I'm sorry about your friend. I hope he gets better.

I'm eating my way around Johnson County.
  • I'm on the couch for the night by orders of DH. I came home from school with a headache, and he said "no painting class tonight, and you do too much!" Actually, I have been thinking about taking a break from painting until January.

Rhonda, I didn't realize we were that close to you! We will be in OKC around Christmas! Maybe we can meet! Sorry about your friend, but it sounds like you are having a great trip otherwise. Enjoy!

Hey to the rest of you chickies!
  • Sloan, I'm glad you're slowing down. Take care of that headache.
  • hello chicks. Went on a shopping spree with my daughter. It was our last outing until I return from Florida. Have that lunch date tomorrow.

Maryann, did you get your house cleaned?

sloan, good idea to take it easy.

Vickie, will keep Jim in my prayers. Not sure if you said his cancer is back. Take care of Vickie, so she can take care of Jim.

Hi Rhonda. Hope your friend is okay and you can enjoy your trip.

Sandra, glad you are able to check in while at school.

I'm tired but wanted to check in.