Old 08-23-2012, 11:25 AM   #16  
focused and aiming

Nancy, do whatever you need to do. We're here for you. And we're in the same boat, too.

Sloan, I'm on day 4 without potatoes and just eating 2 slices of diet bread. That's not starch free but it's a start. Congratulations on losing so well. I am proud of you.

We're home this morning. My gf is coming to shoot after lunch. This evening I'm taking the grands to "Meet the Teacher."
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:52 AM   #17  

Height: 5'4"

My realtor called today to set up a time to photograph the house.

Hadn't thought about that being early

I am not ready for that.. It may take me til Sept 1st to be ready
and then they can do that stuff..

Sloan, Do starches = carbs.. I am thinking all starch is full of carbs but maybe not all carbs are starches..I am only doing one week of pure protein so I jumpstart things and then I will add in veggies & limited fruit. Already the hunger pains have lessened with no carbs since dinner.

Last edited by nancy237; 08-23-2012 at 11:52 AM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:57 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

OH yes, PAM, call the doctor. Women's symptoms are often vague, if they even exist. You may not have angina or pain, but you have symptoms. GO TO THE DOCTOR.

Hmmm, no starch. I'm not sure I even know what starchy vegetables are, other than potatoes and corn. I'll do some research.

I took my 8 yo great niece clothes shopping yesterday (rode around on a motorized cart). This morning I saw a FB post of here wearing a blouse and a necklace we bought. That was sweet.

I'm going to the gym soon and do some upper body work. I am supposed to join friends for dinner, but I'm going to cancel and put my foot up in the air instead.

Last edited by Tejas; 08-23-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:49 PM   #19  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I had corn and black-eyed peas today. Both are starchy. But I didn't have any potatoes!

Nancy,

Last edited by ontarget; 08-23-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:17 PM   #20  

I made old-fashioned lasagna for dinner....something tells me that is both carbs and starch
Old 08-23-2012, 10:44 PM   #21  

Yes, Sandra and Rhonda. I think those are starches. I did really good today and then went to Mexican for my grandsons birthday. I ordered one chicken taco and had the chips and salsa. I'm so bad. I wan't even hungry.

I cut my finger today. I was measuring something with the metal tape measure and slid my finger across the edge of it and it cut me like a razor. I had a time getting it to stop bleeding and thought I was going to need a couple stitches. It's sore, but I'll live. It's the underside of my left index finger where it bends. Ouch.

Hubby is coming home tomorrow but will return in a couple weeks for another week.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:21 AM   #22  

I would kill for some good lasagna right now...

I did great on my first day..I even bought those ketone strips to watch
for when I am doing low enough carbs ..That was motivating when I did this diet before.. You would think pounds down would be motivating but pink test strips kept me on track (well until I wasn't on track LOL)

I decided my goals for fall need to be :
Sell house
work per diem with no long term committment
De junk
Get fit

After house is sold I can decide where I want to be ...

Pam..I missed where your hubby is ...sorry about your finger..ouch !!
We would all feel better if you checked out your shortness of breath..
Robin's dad had that symptom and ignored it when he shouldn't have...
Old 08-24-2012, 03:43 PM   #23  

Pam, please go to symptom checker on the Mayo clinic site. That's all I'm going to say.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/

Nancy, the lasagna was good! Those look like good goals. I should make a list...Here is number 1---work for my favorite candidate for the President's job.

But, now, OK...time to get serious again about food. There is a family wedding in about 6 weeks and I've got to at least get off what I've put on over the last few months of inactivity.

The good news is that I took only 1/2 of a pain pill and slept all night and have been wearing a real shoe today.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:08 PM   #24  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, the wedding is good incentive. Curtis just booked our room for his 50th Reunion, Sept. 29, so I have that date to work toward.

Pam, check out that site Rhonda gave you.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:19 PM   #25  

hi chicks.

Nancy, I don't think I can do really, really low carb. I like my fruits and veggies. I can do without bread. I guess most of my carbs are good carbs. Good luck and hope you lose lots.

Rhonda, how wonderful you were able to wear a shoe all day. Thank you so much for your concern. If I was having a heart attack, I should be dead by now. I am concerned that the shortness of breath and fatigue are getting more frequent and dr. will probably do another echo and maybe stress test. I was fine a couple years ago. I've always had a super slow heart rate (high 40's to low 50's) and last year he checked my thyroid, but it was fine. I'm not gasping for breath. I can breath, just hard to get a deep breath a lot of the time. It could be my weight. I need to lose 15/20 lbs. I'm not having any angina. I did have that the last time along with the other symptoms. Ended up with a stent. I see dr. in 2 wks, and if I felt like I was having a heart attack, I would rush to hospital. I know the drill. I'm fine, really.

Sandra, where is the reunion? Sounds like a good time and a good incentive too.

Hubby is home. I've felt pretty good today. Finished the bed skirt and will be ready to take pics soon.

sloan, bet you are glad to be back in school.

Where is Maryann? She is so busy lately.

Last edited by pam920; 08-24-2012 at 09:20 PM.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:49 PM   #26  
focused and aiming

Pam, the reunion is in Houston. I'm excited and thinking of getting new clothes. I think that's what we women are supposed to do, isn't it?
Old 08-24-2012, 10:11 PM   #27  

My ketone test strips are pink

That keeps me honest, I am not hungry just missing good food.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:19 PM   #28  
focused and aiming

Nancy.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:28 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Way to go Nancy Think pink !
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:12 PM   #30  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

MIA Again??????? Sorry I just don't have the time to post everyday anymore.
Wednesday I went out with Rita to the 99,won't be seeing her for 2 weeks as her DD is coming to town for the Labor Day weekend. So life will be slowing down a bit next week.

Thursday I Did some house work for a change.,In the is hot weather I just feel like a wet rag and just want to veg out and not think about chores.

Yesterday,I had a surprise invitation to coffee from a woman I know from my rosary group. Met several new people that go to the chapel instead of the main church of St Patrick's.

So my morning walk didn't happened. Have to go to Walmart and Stop & Shop for a few items,before the tourist come down this evening.

Had a very depressing thing happen to me this morning. I was coming home from grocery shopping and I saw this car from NY stopped at the end of my street thought he was lost so I continued to go in to my street and stop by the mail box. Just as I was going straight out of the mail box area this car passed me on the left and start merging to the right hitting my car. Only the mirror fell out of my car and his rental the side back of his car was cut. TG no one was hurt. We decided not to call our insurance company,but he & I went to 2 car repair shops and the estimate was something like $200 to fix the mirror and its housing. So I'm going to have it repaired on Tues,and the guy gave me two hundred dollars for the repair. He heading to Maine on Monday.Can any one top that one??????? Never a dull moment.

OH AT LEAST ONE GOOD THING HAPPENED TO ME I LOST OTHER POUND AND NOW I HAVE 1 MORE POUND TO LOSE FOR THIS MOUTHS GOAL

Now I'm up to, date of whats going on in my life. After the accident I just want to go lay down and veg again.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote