Old 08-12-2012, 08:41 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Lots of thunder and lightening, not enough rain.

I had a good day yesterday, visiting with Sandra and Curtis, and with friends from high school as we begin to plan our 50th reunion for 2013.

Pam, that sounds like an interesting time decluttering. I wonder how people people hoard things. Honestly, I think we should all have to take two things out when we bring one thing in.

Nancy, congrats on the sale.

I had a good day with food also. I ate well and had a little treat of red wine and dark chocolate. I'm watching the closing ceremonies of the Olympics, wishing I had just a portion of the dancers' energy!

Last edited by Tejas; 08-12-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #32  

Last and first on prize goes to me!

I think the Leptin resistant diet is a lot like the Paleo diet. I can't find a really clear guide to the leptin resistant diet though...what am I missing on google.

Our dog Kyra has a tumor on her left haunch. We took her in today and the vet says it is benign and doesn't need to be removed unless it grows and impinges on internal organs. DH is real hero--he built a ramp so that she can get into and out of the car since her arthritis prevents her from getting in and out. The ramp worked like a charm

Our kitchen sink is stopped up and we can't get it unplugged. ...waiting for the plumber. DH went up on the roof to try to get to the drain from above (don't ask me) and managed to skin up both of his shins! He's just trying to take away some of the attention that belongs on my foot. He's just jealous. Now, I have to take him the ice packs and pain killers.

Last edited by Tejas; 08-13-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:10 PM   #33  

Rhonda, I couldn't find much on the diet either. Guess they want us to buy the book. Hope they fix your sink.

My husband just told me another shooting in Texas. I turned on CNN to hear what happened.

I am so short of breath today. I get this way off and on but today is unusually worse. I looked it up and you can get angina without the actual chest pains. I am leaning towards that. I see my heart dr in Sept.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:31 PM   #34  

Sink is fixed and plumber says that it was just a normal blockage and not to worry about using the garbage disposal..just run lots of water. We should be composting but DH just hates that. I had a huge compost bin in Toronto where I actually grew more veggies. I have too much shade here.

Yes, there was a shooting. I'm not sure of the details. Some reports say people are dead, others say not.

Pam, sorry you're short of breath...that must be scary.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:04 PM   #35  

Rhonda, woohoo, sink if fixed. I remember once my daughter put potato peels down disposal. She used potato peeler and the peels were super thin. When we all get together, we usually make 10 lbs and that is a lot of peel and she clogged my pipes. Took us forever to get it unclogged. Never again, no peels in sink.

Ordered a comforter for my hoarders room. It's coming together nicely.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:14 PM   #36  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, give Doyle an atta boy for building the ramp. I hope Kyra doesn't have problems with the tumor. Glad ya'll got your sink unclogged.

Pam, can you move your appointment up to this month? I'm worried about you.

I took the grands swimming today but we didn't swim. The pool is already closed on weekdays. We went to Braum's then to the movies instead.

Last edited by ontarget; 08-13-2012 at 08:14 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #37  

Pam, oh yeah. I hardly use the garbage disposal and not for high fiber things at all.

I just made another good protein shake: papaya puree, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1/2 c of low sugar OJ, 1 c of almond milk. Yummy. I have strawberries and should have put them in also.

We are going to take my great niece and great great nephew (7 and 8) out to dinner with DH's grandchildren to celebrate gk's birthday. wish us luck!
Old 08-14-2012, 03:23 PM   #38  

Pam..I think you should get checked..shortness of breath is something to double check !! Worried too..
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:54 PM   #39  
focused and aiming

Pam, how are you feeling?

Rhonda, I hope all weent well with the bday dinner.

I got a pedi/mani today. Life is good.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:49 PM   #40  

We had a great time..only the great niece joined us. The other kids were younger but it was fun to watch her take care of them. She said she had fun. As we drove home we watched the car thermometer drop from 103 to 79 in less than 30 minutes. We were exactly on the southern edge of a storm front which in here in full force now. Wonderful rain!

Last edited by Tejas; 08-15-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:35 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Back to school on Thursday
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #42  

morning chicks.

Sandra, i'm fine. I've had this problem, off and on, since the beginning of the year. I'll let my dr. know and see what he thinks.

Sloan, I know you will be glad to get school started. I still want to hear about a few days of your new diet, so I can see if it's doable for me.

Rhonda, that is a big drop in temps. I welcome the rain too. This has been a hot summer.

Going shopping into TN today with my daughter. I'm hoping to find a few things for the hoarders room. I guess I need to start calling it the guest room, since I cleaned out the clutter.

Nancy, have you listed your house yet? Still in the staging process?

Where is our Wanderer???? Maryann, are you off wandering and forgot about us?

Hey Vickie.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:12 PM   #43  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, we got some rain between 3-5 am. I'm not sure how much. Whatever we got is muchly appreciated.

Not many here. I hope you're all out there having some fun. Curtis and I went to Ft. Worth for his PT today. Now we're home relaxing. My new bow arrived last evening. Wonderful!! I'll shoot it Fri when we go to the shop.

My food's good. I'm also on program. (Just an attempt for a bit of humor)
Old 08-15-2012, 05:53 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey Pam,
B eggs, tomato, grapefruit
L salad with protein (no cheese), with olive oil and lemon juice for dressing
S broiled or grilled fish or chicken (you can have beef one a week), green veggies, berries
snacks-raw almonds, walnuts
unsweetened green tea three times a day
lots of spices

I have varied this a little, but I have made sure I am not eating any starch (no bread or vegetable starches). I have found that I am rarely hungry as long as I stay away from starch. If I do get hungry, I just have a few almonds. Hope that helps

I've been at school all day, and I am bushed. I will check back in later. Have a good evening, chicks!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:43 PM   #45  
focused and aiming

Sloan, this definitely sounds like you'd lose. No starch. Hmmmmmmm.....