Old 07-25-2012, 01:09 PM   #16  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I'm enjoying those hot fudge sundaes during this lifetime, too. Have you been tickling the ivories lately?
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:07 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

No, not playing the piano yet. I am honesty just sitting in the recliner when I'm not up. I would want to have my foot up and that's not possible with the piano bench...No more than 15 minutes at a time to sit with foot down.

Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:27 PM   #18  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, we're going nuts here, too, and we haven't been dealing with "healing" as long as you have. Take care. We'll do the same.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:04 AM   #19  

Good luck there Sandra.

I had a meting today and totally forgot about no wheat and ate a sandwich! Oh well, I turned down DH's offer of sherbet later in the day and did pretty well with food all day.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #20  

yoo hoo..anybody there?
Old 07-26-2012, 08:10 PM   #21  
focused and aiming

I'm here. I went for a pedicure this morning. This afternoon we went to Braum's. This time I got a frozen soft-serve vanilla yogurt. (dipped in chocolate and topped with nuts) I am figuring 14 pts but am not sure. Anyone know how many points for this?

Rhonda, what flavor sherbert? Bet you didn't expect that question, did you?
Old 07-26-2012, 10:50 PM   #22  

Sandra, we have orange and raspberry sherbet. I didn't have any today either, and have done very well with food. The frozen yogurt sounds good.

I also went to the gym to do upper body work, some core work and squats.

I saw the doctor today and I still have to wear the boot, but can transition into the post-op shoe over two weeks. After that, I transition into a real shoe over the next two weeks. So, another month basically. But, I'm healing well and have good range of motion in the toe.

We just watched Water for Elephants--great story.

Last edited by Tejas; 07-26-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:35 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Mornin' y'all! I am still here, just busy getting my last summer stuff done. I have not worked in the hoarder room lately, but I have canned cucumber relish and tomato chutney with tomatoes from my plants! Every summer, I try to get a few projects done, and I still have a couple of things I want to get finished. Next week I will be at school on Tues, Thurs, and Friday, and then next Monday is our first full day of class Hope all of you are doing well. When the school routine is under way, I will be here more often. Have a great day, chicks!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:42 AM   #24  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

Just wanted to stop in and wish you all well and to let you know that we are alive and well. We are, however, consumed with out Brodie issues. Since he had his second episode last Friday, it has been all about Brodie. He's had intensive testing and will be seeing a specialty Wellness Holistic Vet next Tuesday.

My eating is.....well....not stellar. I'm trying to keep the portions of really bad things small.

I'm VERY proud of all of you!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #25  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

I'm Back,sorry for be MIA for several days,nothing wrong just busy. Tied up in telephone calls & had my hair cut in the morning and went out with Rita to Papa Gino's and stayed there until 5:30. Wed I was busy doing some other things. My DD is having a wonderful time in Ireland. She sent me a picture of Leo's grandfathers farm some where in the free state that he owned. Don't know if Leo knew about it as he never mentioned it to me.

After I post I have to take a trip up to Walmart,to duplicate other Medjugorji photos,for another friend.

Got my hedges finally cut and I grateful that my handyman did make time for me to get them done. My Toyota is Ok for the next 3 month or mileage what ever come first.

Oh I got a hair cut and styled yesterday morning.

Don't have time to look over your post for the last couple of day,but I promise I'll be around tomorrow afternoon.

Have a great day

Last edited by beach bum; 07-27-2012 at 01:28 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #26  
focused and aiming

Vickie, I am so sorry to hear about Brodie. I know you and Jim must be totally stressed now. Have you found out yet what's causing his problems? I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Don't let this get you down. Same for Jim.

Rhonda, I'm glad you're on the mend and are also easing back into your routine. I'm having a heck of a time holding Curtis down. He's wanting to run and play. Well, really, he's wanting to drive and also ride the mower.

Sloan, summer's really flown by, hasn't it? I can feel your pride in your post about canning using what you've grown. That's a special feeling, isn't it? I remember making preserves for the first time. That was back in Montana with apricots from our trees in our yard. Felt soooooo good. Now we're making stuff with jalapenos, tomatoes, corn on the cob, and black beans. We also have watermelon and cantaloupe. Just call me "Ma Kettle."

I'm making a strawberrycycle cake. (Named it after the orange dreamcycle cake). What I'm also doing differently is I cut the recipe in 1/2 and am just making 1/2 a cake. I think that'll work well for the 2 of us. 8 servings @ 4 pts each as opposed to 16 servings @ 4 pts each. I'm thinking the most I'll get is 4 servings before the cake is gone.

Maryann, is your avatar photo showing your new hairstyle? I took a peek at it just in case. Looks good whether it's your new style or former one.

Nancy and Jackie,

Do ya'll have plans for this weekend? We're thinking of driving out to a local tournament Sunday. Don't know if we'll stay for me to shoot (2 hours at least) of if we'll head on to church. There's a potluck at church, but neither of us really wants to go this time. No particular reason. We're just thinking of going out to eat with Boots and Judy if they want to skip, too. (This potluck is sandwiches.) If we go, I'll prob make a dreamcycle cake using pistachio pudding and maybe pineapple jello. Is there such a thing as pineapple jello? If not, I'll use lemon.

Rambling. Time to go. Love you!
Old 07-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #27  

Why can't I find the Olympics on TV???? Just getting reports, but not the show!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #28  
focused and aiming

Opening ceremonies are on NBC right now. Started @ 6:30. MSNBC is supposed to have live stuff. I guess that'll start tomorrow--but we don't get MSNBC.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #29  
focused and aiming

I can't remember. What's the prize I get for last/first? Where is everybody? I hope you're out there having a fun weekend. We're heading in to the archery shop as soon as it opens at 10.

Can't watch the archery live since we don't have MSNBC. Bummer! I'm keeping up on Facebook and USA Archery best I can. USA ranked high for both men and women yesterday. Men's team is competing this afternoon against Japan in the quarterfinals. Women's Teams compete tomorrow. That's all I know except Korea has killer teams both men and women.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:31 AM   #30  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Brodie seems ok for the moment so Jim and I are going to go see if we can buy a new treadmill. We also have several errands to run, including stuff to prepare to file the insurance claim for the pet visits. I'm praying they pay some since this is going to get very expensive. We adore Brodie though so we think it's worth it.

Eating is just so so. I need that treadmill to work out my stress.

Rhonda, glad you're continuing to heal. Sandra, how is Curtis?
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote