Old 07-15-2012, 12:06 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 115/79.1/75kg

Height: 160

Thanks Ontarget. Easy to maintain hair suits me. Done in two minutes. F and H is filling and healthy. Have a day here and there without tracking the pro points. I think I need a bit of a shake up to get the weight moving off again. It is winter here in New Zealand right now so there are more carbs on the menu as I seem to be feeling the cold more.
Goanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:26 AM   #32  

Height: 5'4"

sandra..thinking of you & curtis Monday...I may have to talk to you about
the bunionectomy...I have 2 and they keep me from wearing nice shoes..

Goanna..welcome !!

Rhonda..so sorry you are having all the pain..remember I broke my foot in 2 places last summer...I am feeling for you !!!

Hi everyone else.

I have enjoyed the kids being in & out the last few weeks. My youngest is renting a house with friends & starting his 3rd year of college. He has been home this week and I went with him today to shop for the house some..

There is a Speech position that has opened up at a school very close to me . I am going to call Monday & go for it !! There will probably be competion because its a great school so wish me luck . If I got it I would start Aug 17.

Last edited by nancy237; 07-15-2012 at 02:27 AM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:03 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Sloan, OKC is my mother's family's stomping grounds. Her parents are buried there and I have cousins there.

Nancy, good luck on the job possibility. I forgot you had broken your foot. I've had enough of this

Welcome, Goanna. Filling and health...never heard that before now. Good theory

Sandra, how long will Curtis be in the hospital if all goes well?

Jackie, glad to hear that your friend has worked it out. I maintain some contact with my exes and it can be hard for the other partner to understand that. I do it because they are part of my history/life and I do care about what happens to them.

Last edited by Tejas; 07-15-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 195/163/130

Height: 5'3"

Welcom Goanna- It looks like F and H is the core plan, just a different name. I would plan meals in advance. I like to make meals and freeze left-overs so that I have some quick meals to take to work or when I don't feel like cooking.

Since it is winter you can make large batches of soups and freeze left-overs. My favorites are gumbo and chicken chili.

I also make a spinach smoothie in the morning. 2 cups baby spinach, 1 cup frozen fruit, 1/2 carrots, water and some splenda. I tried it with milk but I didn't like it. You could also put some non-fat yogurt in it.

Also, have a plan just in case you find yourself out running errands and need to pick up some fast food. Wendy's restaurant (not sure if they are in New Zealand) has a large chili for 290 calories. I'm sure the ground beef they use is not lean, but when in a pinch I will pick that up.

Hope this helps.
Jackie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #35  
beachbum

HI Ladies

Had a wonderful time at the concert,met several people that went with me on the trip to Medjugorji. Introduced them to my friend Rita. On the way home we took the wrong excite and wound up in a place I didn't know, it was a scary ride as I didn't know where I was going. Once being on the road for at least 1/2 hrs I finally knew where I was and then it clear sailing to my house. Poor Rita had to drive all the way back to her house as she lives on the opposite end of where I am.

Mary & I are going to see the Woody Allen movie To Rome With Love. Its playing on a very busy thorofare.The theater is near the main road getting off the cape for the weekend tourist,so I'm expecting to hit heavy traffic there.

SANDRA-Thanks, Hope I can stay down,and not the climb the scale again.

JACKIE-Thanks,I know it not much but for me its to great to see it go down as I plateau all the time of even gain.

GOANNE-I'm the plateau queen,either with a gain or loss in between. I tried drinking more water thinking it might be sodium,but that didn't help now I fasting two days a week. Not really a true bast but just eating protein shakes in the morning and evening and either chicken or fish pcs during noon,so far it working. It's a low carb thing I do,as I'm insulin resistance. Hope that helps.

SLOAN-Have a wonderful time with your DD,two years is long time,have lots of catching up to do.

NANCY-Its nice when family come up to visit,my sister came around my B/D and hopefully my DD and GK will be up some time in August. Crossing my fingers for you to get the new position.

Have a great afternoon
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #36  

hey chicks. Didn't realize I haven't posted much this week. Had my granddaughter for a couple days. My husband is back at his parents. His mom is back in hospital due to breathing problems. She has COPD and they think a touch of pneumonia. She should come home on Monday and his dad has heart cath on Wed. so I told him to just stay until then. So, I've been home alone, and working on my craft room and piddling with crafts. Big Brother started and that's my one weakness during the summer.

Sandra, best of luck to Curtis and I will pray that all goes well.

Rhonda, sorry your foot is still giving you grief. I don't know how you are coping as you are always so active. Has to be extra hard for you.

Maryann, congrats on your loss and I know you were scared to get off the wrong exit and be lost. Done that a few times myself.

Nancy, good luck with the job prospect.

jackie, glad your friend was able to work things out.

sloan, have fun with your daughter.

Goanna, welcome. I hope you stay and join us. Never heard it called that either. I call it core or simply filling. Guess it's the same thing.

Vickie, hey, what's new with you?
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:50 PM   #37  
focused and aiming

Goanna, thank you for telling us about F and H. I'm guessing Weight Watchers has different names for their programs around the world.

Rhonda, Curtis will be there about 2 or 3 days.

Nancy, for the new job. I hope you get it.

Pam, I hadn't watched BB for several years but saw it this week and am re-hooked.

Maryann, glad you had a good time.

We're packed for tomorrow. We'll be leaving about 4:30 in the morning. I won't have computer access while we're there. If I come home some, I'll visit here with ya'll.

Have a good week, everybody.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 195/163/130

Height: 5'3"

Yes, good luck Nancy!!!!
Jackie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:16 PM   #39  
focused and aiming

Sloan, I didn't see your post earlier. Enjoy your time with your daughter.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:00 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Blessings to you and Curtis, Sandra.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote