Core/Simply Filling Chat: June 18-24

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • new pages
  • Painting the house outside has begun, and I am not feeling well.
    I was up most of the night. I hate being sick, it interferes with my plans
  • Thanks for the pages, Pam. You asked about the party. It was for DH's 70th birthday. I did not tell him that Sandra and Curtis were coming, so Curtis was part of the surprise, not the birthday boy.

Nancy, you're supposed to be sleeping now, not being sick!

Our mayor's run-off race is in its last week and it is really heating up. FB is on fire!

I'm trying to move toward a mostly liquid diet this week, in sympathy with a friend who hurt herself at cross-fit and has to have her jaws wired shut. She's losing weight, and I'm going to try it for a week and see what happens. I'll still eat some veggies and fruit for the fiber and vitamins/minerals.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for that awful fire in Colorado.
  • Good Morning Chicks!

I'm off to errands and the Dentist.

Have a wonderful on program day!
  • Ugh...Jim needs a crown and we have no dental insurance. Not good.

But I was on plan today. It is hotter than blazes and humid here. When did Illinois become Florida like?
  • I've got a 14 hour work day tomorrow and I'm trying to get motivated to get dinner/lunch for tomorrow ready. I'm thinking chicken salad on spinach.
  • Rhonda, I have fallen off the wagon and gotten run over. Bummer! Good success with the liquid diet. I'm going back on WW tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow--it's my 16th week celebration. Why did I shoot myself in the foot? Life goes on.

Nancy, I hope you're feeling better. Curtis and I were feeling a little under the weather yesterday. We're better today.

Vickie, I just got a new crown, too. And no dental insurance either. I feel for ya.

Jackie, chicken salad on spinach sounds good.

Did I mention I slid down 2 different slides at the waterpark today? Not bad for an overweight old granny.
  • My internet is out so I ran up to the Starbucks near me to check emails.
    I don't know why I don't think of this when I am out of town.

Feeling better, house was a total construction zone between the doors being
    replaced and the painting. No matter where I went in the house some guy was
    looking in a window.

My windows are all still about 9 inches open, so I need to go home and close them before I have a raccoon in the house.

Hoping my internet will get fixed tomorrow.

Rhonda- let us know how the liquid diets goes..My daughter is in Co right now.
    Teluride, Co..I don't think its near the fires.
  • Managed to be about 1/2 liquid yesterday but had great salad at lunch and some fruit during the day. It was OK, and today I'll probably do much the same.
  • I hope this comes through---she lost 300 pounds...

Check out this video from MSN:

Everyday Champions: Jennifer Leonard
    http://fitbie.msn.com/everyday-champ...b_en-us_fitbie

The MSN Video Team
  • where the heck is everyone??

I'm off to a mayor's race meeting....today was the last day of early voting and Saturday is election day.

Our incumbent no longer owns property in town...he has sold his home, living with his father in law, saying that it is temporary...so, some clever kids made a sign with his picture on it and it says "I don't always live in Denton, but when I do, I'm the mayor." Funny...even to him, I bet.
  • Hi there. I've been on the go all day. First was wi at WW. Shockingly, I was up only .2 lb, so my tracker is still current. Someone up above must be watching over me. :

Nancy, hope you don't have any raccoons inside. Sounds like a lot going on. Hope you get your net fixed tomorrow, but that's a good idea about Starbucks.

Rhonda, I don't think I could do the liquid diet. You go, girl!

We haven't had dinner yet. This is really late for us. We've had company and have been out flinging arrows. We had one bunny watching. Life is good.

Got to go. I'm pooped. Have a good evening, everyone.
  • hey chicks. Been busy all day and finally relaxing.

Where is Maryann? It's not like her to leave and not tell us. Hope everything is ok.

I don't think I'd last on a liquid diet either. How long are you going to do that Rhonda? Funny about the Mayor.

Sandra, that is a pretty good WI. I'd take it.

Off to relax
  • I'm not doing totally liquid...today I've had a piece of toast, salad, cheese and popcorn. But, mostly liquid. It's ok for now. I like protein shakes with fruit.
  • I win....last on, first on