Old 05-15-2012, 10:50 PM   #16  
focused and aiming

Pam, I'm moving up that pole, too. I am so sorry your cousin is in ill health. I'm glad you're going to your grand's. That'll be good for both of you.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #17  

Height: 5'4"

Sorry I have been missing..enjoyed my youngest being home a few days and having my grandson here...Its great when the house has kids in it..I plan to rest today and also get a few things done...The new dog is sweet but has some habits that I need to work on..Hoping I can..

Eating has been way too much fast food, traveling some and grabbing whatever is easy..

Sloan ..good to see you here, sorry you are struggling... I am reading Wheat Belly and the information is interesting..I am having trouble shopping for one..I may cook a few recipes this week and freeze some small portions..

Pam..so sorry about your cousin..Is he close enough to visit??

Rhonda..sorry about the surgery coming up...Stock up on projects & books you can do/read with a foot propped up..You are so active that I know it will
be hard until you can be on the go again..Did the Dr tell you what to expect after the surgery??

Maryann..The trip is getting closer..How long is it ??
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #18  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

We're having a very wet day outdoors,Luckily I had my rain jacket with me when going out this morning before it started to come down.My friend Clare and I are going to be duel Canters in our church starting tomorrow,with the Holy Day. Than on Friday I'm going to have my vertical blinds installed in my house. So it going to be a busy end of week for me.

SANDRA-The .2 is probably water,it will be gone in no time. Yes my trip is just around the corner, and there so much to do,will I ever stop my heading spinning. The friends that I'm going with are not my social friend like Mary, Rita & Pat but another group that I belong to Clare, Margaret & Elaine. I'm now branching out to different groups,to keep myself busy.

SLOAN-I'm fine health wise & social wise but not in getting my weight into control.have to work on that once I get back from my trip to Europe. Going with my church group to Medjugorji for 10 days.

PAM-Hope to take lots of photos when I'm there as I understand the area has beautiful scenery. The only thing I'm not sure of is the currency of the Euro. No one going has an idea of how many they are going to buy.
I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin,hope that he will pull through.Sending my prayers to you and your family. You know we all in the same boat as we all in that age bracket.

RHONDA-I haven't either Have to start tracking my carbs again Went out to dinner with a friend at the spare of the moment.Had BBQ chicken sandwich with french fries. Today I'm on Atkins shakes and meal replacement bars. The to lose the poundage I put on the last couple of days.

NANCY-Happy to hear you doing things along with entertaining family members and not being bored. I'm sure you do fine with the new dog,it just take patients.I don't have that anymore,so that the reason I going to have pets anymore. I have another 1 1/2 weeks as we leaving 5/27 a week from Sunday.

Have to go,and look over my check list and make sure I going to take all that I need for this trip.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:09 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Maryann, I too am thinking of using some prepared shakes over the next week. I love the ones I make at home, but may buy some chocolate ones.

The doctor said 3 days of staying totally OFF the foot and having it propped up. I can do that. Then, about 6 weeks in a "boot" that, after one week, can be replaced briefly with a driving shoe if I need to go out. DH won't know what to do if he has his own car available I'm not concerned about it and wish I could get it done earlier. I could, if not for a tap performance at the end of June.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:40 PM   #20  
focused and aiming

We have the place ready. Our company arrives tomorrow. Life is good!

I prob won't be here much till Monday. Ya'll have a great weekend.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:54 PM   #21  

Sandra, have fun!
Old 05-16-2012, 08:37 PM   #22  
focused and aiming

Will do. Tomorrow we're touring Cowboy Stadium!
Old 05-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #23  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Going out with Rita this afternoon to the 99 Restaurant. This is the third time that I'm going out to eat.Not going to be every happy on W-I day that's for sure.

Have a question????????One of the woman that is going on the trip with us told me today I might not be able to get EUROS as the bank has to order them[at least 2 weeks in advance], is that correct???????????? I'm thinking if that's true I will have to buy them at the airport.

RHONDA-I always have the shakes on hand just in case I go overboard with my eating one night the next day I feel like I'm in control.

SANDRA-Have a wonderful time this weekend.

Have to go,have a great day
Old 05-17-2012, 11:56 AM   #24  
focused and aiming

Maryann, I can't help you there.

As to eating out--our frenzy begins this evening. We may go to Pappadeaux's for dinner after we tour Cowboy Stadium if our guests want to go there. If not, we'll prob go out for Mexican food. Curtis and I are having extremely low point lunches today and we are well-stocked with fresh fruit. I'm thinking we'll have 1 high point meal a day. That's the plan anyway.

Have a good day, all. I'll be back when I can.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:28 PM   #25  

Mayann...I will ask my cousin about the Euros..she has been to Paris several times..

ps...Okay I asked her..She got hers in a week from her bank..She said the airports here & there also
have them..

Last edited by nancy237; 05-17-2012 at 08:09 PM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:57 PM   #26  

Maryann, I'm sure your bank could tell you on the phone if they have them or not, and, if not, what you should do.

I've gotten back to my rigorous counting and feel better already. Getting off track is upsetting, but I also get so bored recording everything. It is, however, really the only way for me to get perspective on what I'm doing.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:11 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Mornin' y'all! 1. DD staying with us until Monday when she will join her husband in OK for his new job. 2. Funeral yesterday. 3. End of school year business at school. Busy, busy, busy. I had a wheat free day yesterday, and I can tell a difference in how I feel. I new I felt better while on core!!!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #28  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Having my new vertical blinds installed now,and wow!! do they look beautiful comparing to the old ones I had 15 years ago. Hopefully they will last another fifteen + years and I'll will be all set.

The People that took out the roots of my next door neighbors house was here this morning also,and now its up to the two owners what they will put in place of the ones that cut down by accident.

I called my bank and they told me that it depends on how my Euros I need, One woman told met to only buy Euros and leave my US dollars home. The bank told me that I have time to decided as it only take 2 days to order them from another bank. Now this morning on the News I heard something about the EURO but I wasn't paying attention to what they said.

Thanks Ladies I did find out from my bank and tomorrow I will ask the 206 tours what other people do when going on the same trip.

My blinds are up and they are worth all the money I spent for them. I now have to go pick up my meds and got to Walmart to get my adopter and other items in need for the trip.

Have a great day
Old 05-18-2012, 06:54 PM   #29  
focused and aiming

Hi there. We are now home from the Ft. Worth Stockyards, Cabella's, and Cinnamon Creek Archery Complex. We had a great time, rode in a horse-drawn carriage, and shopped till we dropped. Our company is taking a nap. I have had 21 pts so far today and know exactly how I'm spending my 5 points at dinner. We'll be snacking here with pick up food that includes oodles of fruit. Life is good.

Rhonda, I have to keep a food journal or I blow my eating plan (or lack of plan) to smithereens.

Sloan, you sound happier now that you're back OP.
Got to go. I'll check in tomorrow.

Last edited by ontarget; 05-18-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:31 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

After Nancy mentioned the Wheat Belly book, I started doing some research. Whole wheat has bothered me for a while, but I have not had problems with refined wheat. Now I'm thinking I will try to go wheat free as much as possible. The most interesting thing I discovered is that I think my husband has celiac disease. He has almost all of the symptoms and several of the complications! One skin symptom he has is very specific for celiac disease. I think we will pursue this!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote