3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Simply filling/Core Chat: April 30-May 6 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/258025-simply-filling-core-chat-april-30-may-6-a.html)

Vickie 05-02-2012 09:14 AM

Good Morning Chicks! Tried to get on yesterday but ran out of time. Brodie had to be at the vet for a booster and a bath and grooming and we had a million errands. I hadn't slept well and had a nap when we got home. Poof....day gone!

Today is Jim's birthday, he's 62 and feeling aches and pains but is going strong. We'll celebrate with dinner out. I'll be having a salad and a lean steak....I think he's going for it with gusto.

Sandra, I am unbelievably proud of you for going to WW even when you knew you had a gain. Isn't it awesome to have a clean slate? You and I both have the pattern of not going and never going back. GREAT job!!!!

Rhonda, strawberries and cool whip sound great to me. I should buy some. I'm not a big fan of strawberries; I like other berries better but lately everything strawberry is calling to me. Maybe they have something my body needs.

Nancy, I love almost all things Amish, especially furniture. I've had my last two mirrors for my bathroom made by the Amish. I especially love them when custom is necessary because I find they are not much more expensive than the box stores for custom work I couldn't find elsewhere. Of course, maybe you don't want to spend that much for a home where you don't plan on staying, but it's a thought. If you don't mind online, check out wayfair.com or Home Decorators. You can always search for coupons for both of them too. I think I also saw mirrors on some of the poster websites too, like www.allposters.com. Happy Hunting!

We are done remodeling inside for the moment but I had the plumber here the other day to replace the wax rings on 2 of the 3 toilets in the house. We've lived here since 1997 and had never replaced them. Plumber said they were ready to go. I had a feeling we were on borrowed time. We are getting ready to contract to replace the asphalt driveway with concrete. I'll love it but will hate spending the money.

Mary Ann, I'm sure your GF's just wanted to have fun and didn't care how perfectly clean your house was. I had to laugh, though, because you remind me of me!

Pam, has your DH recovered from his procedure yet? My plan covers colonoscopies starting at 50. I'd get it if I were you. Piece of mind is worth a lot.

Ok Chickies....I'm off to breakfast. Won't be perfect for the next few days but will minimize it as much as possible.

nancy237 05-02-2012 10:28 AM

Promise a longer post tonight ....
Vickie..I love the amish furniture , but how do you order that..??

I feel so much better, joints, mood is better , bloated feeling is gone, even my mind seems clearer..I went out to eat last night with friends and had a Black & Blue salad.
It was excellent. I had 2 glasses of wine and should have only had one..for some reason it really went to my head..
Handyman will be here soon..I like this guy, he never arrives too early..Last one used to arrive at 7 before I was even up...

beach bum 05-02-2012 11:33 AM

Hi Ladies:)

Just have a few minutes to post as I'm having my Canasta Card Party this afternoon, I have the table set up already with dusted chairs and get the serving trays for the goodies.Going to have fresh fruit[cantaloupe,honeydew,pineapple and strawberries] crackers & cheese and dry orange diet soda.

Than tomorrow I'm planning to go out with Rita after she get back from the doctor,she'll called if not On Friday.On Thursday I have to get my Mothers Day cards out to my DD and sister. We never exchanged gifts so I don't have to worry about them.

Have to go have a great day,see you guys tomorrow

Tejas 05-02-2012 11:56 AM

I promise never to come to anyone's home and look for dust! I bet we can all agree to that!

I have a FULL day at home, with no appointments and no place that I have to go. How's that for smelling the roses? However, I will likely work in the yard; do some block-walking for my candidate; and go to the gym. :)

Nancy, glad to hear that you're feeling better.

Vickie, thanks for the allposters link. I didn't know about them. I like Shaker/Amish style furniture also, but I chose more contemporary and western for this house. I need about 3 houses ;) (big joke, I can't manage even one very well!)

Off to smell the roses...

ontarget 05-02-2012 04:27 PM

Pam, I hope you're right. I am back op. Been back almost 2 days now.

Vickie, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JIM!! :gift: Enjoy your dinner out this evening. I am already planning to have birthday cake on my next bday--and that's not till January. :lol: :hungry:

You're right. My pattern has been to (Poof!):wizard: disappear from meetings when I have gone astray. Maybe you and I are making progress with our baby steps afterall. Well, yes. We definitely have! Guess we'll never be perfect, but who would recognize us if we were? :lol:

Nancy, what's a black and blue salad? Wine? mmmmmmmm. :cheers: Sounds good to me.

Maryann, enjoy your day. Your snacks sound good and program friendly.

Rhonda, how'd you like the smell of those roses? We are still working in the yard readying it for our Montana friends. They'll be here before long.

I went to Ladies' Bible Class this AM then we went to lunch with friends. In about an hour a gf is coming to fling arrows. Oh! Our mail carrier stopped to visit today. She wants to start flinging arrows with us, too. Life is good!

Tejas 05-02-2012 08:06 PM

I hope you're having a great evening, Vickie.

I didn't go to the gym, and I didn't work in the yard :) I was lazier today than that.

My eating was OK, maybe too much fat and carbs, but not outlandish either.

ontarget 05-02-2012 09:52 PM

Rhonda, it sounds to me like you had a good day and maybe got some rest. That's good.

I had some eggplant parmesan for dinner. Yummy!

pam920 05-03-2012 08:07 AM

morning chicks.

Vickie, I hope you enjoyed your anniversary dinner.

Rhonda, a day of rest is good. Especially with all you do.

Sandra, good to hear you are back OP. Haven't had eggplant parm in a long time.

Maryann, hope you had fun last night.

We have gone from cool last week to HOT this week. We have the air on and I hate it. Once we turn it on, there is no going back.

My cousin with lung cancer is nearing the end of his journey here on earth. I don't know how he has hung on so long. He has no swallow reflex and they have cut off all food and liquids. Just a matter of time. He is down to 90 lbs. He was always so skinny anyway, so he has to be pure bones. He is over 6 ft. I pray God takes him soon.

Tejas 05-03-2012 09:02 AM

Pam, oh my---at 90 pounds he probably will go soon, as you say. Poor soul, I hope he has a peaceful transition.

My weight was 180.4 this morning, so I didn't last a whole week not on the scale, and the damage wasn't too bad from last weekend.

DH and I are seeing Sandra on Saturday :woohoo:

Vickie 05-03-2012 12:15 PM

Good Morning Chicks! Jim says thank you for the birthday wishes. Thank God for friends, that's all I can say.

I took him out for a wonderful meal at a new restaurant and he enjoyed it immensely. Then I took him to dessert at a local ice cream shop. He had a great day. And...tonight is date night. I'm choosing meals and eating quantities that I hope will keep me out of trouble.

Rhonda, I'm glad you had a lazy day. You know the body needs those once in a while. How fun that you will see Sandra and Curtis. Wish I could be there!

Pam, you sound so sad. I'm sorry about your Cousin. My Daddy died of lung cancer in 1979 and it was horrible. There was nothing they could do for him since it was in both lungs. I hope he finds his peace soon.

Sandra, lots of people I know love eggplant but I just can't wrap my brain (or my mouth) around it. It think it's a texture thing for me combined with people who don't know how to prepare it.

I got an all posters 22% off code, BRYA22, if anyone will be shopping there.

Nancy, I've always gone to stores in my local area that sell Amish furniture. You pick what you want from the showroom or you explain to them what you want and pick it from a catalog. Then you can often customize it in size, you can sometimes change trim, legs. It is so cool. Then you get to pick the stain color and often the wood. The mirror that I had made for my bath vanity was not a stock size. And, I brought in one of the drawers from my vanity so they could help me pick a color. Seriously, the mirror looks like it was made at the same time as the vanity. They are usually no more expensive that a regular furniture store. The only down side is that you often have to wait to get the product because they don't make it until your order it. You are in NC so you should have many. Just google Amish furniture store and your zip code. I did look at www.allposters.com and they did have some very narrow mirrors but I don't know what color or size you are looking for. Glad you are feeling better too.

Mary Ann, did you have fun at your party?

Gotta run. I was up late and slept late and it's time for breakfast!

beach bum 05-03-2012 02:44 PM

Hi Ladies:)

Had a busy morning went to a local drapery & blind shop and I order vertical blinds for my 3 living-room windows and sliding door out to my patio. I had to get them they are so dirty and it was impossible to clean them anymore.
Will have them in two weeks. The people I bought them measured and will install them.So I will be all set.

Other wise nothing is really new, Had a great time at my canasta party from 1 -4 PM and I can't believe I have so many leftovers as my friends don't eat. No we lost,our score was 4200 but the opposite team beat us as there total was 5000+.

Have to go,my computer is acting up,have a great day

pam920 05-03-2012 03:44 PM

just received the call. My cousin has passed. I will be gong to Michigan for his funeral.

ontarget 05-03-2012 04:30 PM

Pam, I am sorry for your loss. Please be careful on your trip.

Is there no end to spending? I got a new crown this morning. Then when I got home our new laptop died. I'm on the old Dell now. Don't know how long it will last. I'm just hoping the Acer resurrects itself so we don't have to take it in for repair.

Vickie, enjoy date night. We're going to a potluck at church. (And my mouth is still numb. That may help keep me out of the food.)

Rhonda, I'm looking forward to seeing you and Doyle. If for some reason you can't get me via email, you have my number. Give me a call if you need to do so.

Your weight sounds good to me. I knew you'd be all right.

ontarget 05-03-2012 10:12 PM

I'm so excited! My computer is working again. My son said it prob had an automatic shutdown for when it overheated. I thought I had fried it. Whew!

Tejas 05-03-2012 10:16 PM

My condolences, Pam. Safe travels.

I have a friend from high school who lives in Europe and is in the area for a few days. We are meeting him for dinner tomorrow night. That will be fun, we were great buddies and have stayed in touch throughout the decades. He lives a very different life--sophisticated and wealthy but still a Texas boy at heart.

Sorry about all the spending Sandra. We owe the IRS, and tomorrow the car goes back into the shop :eek: I feel your pain :)

Glad you got your blinds, Maryann. I would like to have new window treatments in our bedroom, but it will have to wait.