Old 03-16-2012, 08:21 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

I had good intentions to get out to the gym today, but oh well. I actually slept in and was a bit late to tap class.

I had lunch out with the ladies on the block. They do this once a year and we went to one of our classier restaurants. It was fun and I had a wonderful creole dish. It had cream in it, and I'm sure about 1000 calories. But, breakfast and dinner were both modest, and I'll fast this weekend and kill myself at the gym

The evening is going to be very quiet here, and that's good. Perhaps we'll watch a movie. We haven't done our taxies yet; I'll call the accountant Monday. I will NOT do my own, even though they're simple.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:38 PM   #32  

My cousin & I went to a class called Wine & Design tonight. You sip wine and paint a picture with the class . It was a humingbird and I really like
the one I painted. I have no artistic skill so I was just glad to not embarress myself.

Grandson will be over tomorrow and we have a family dinner planned
Sunday night with my oldest coming home a few days & stepdaughter's family that lives here. I think I will fix fajitas so I can have low carbs without the
tortillas.

I am really unmotivated & spinning my wheels lately and may ask my Dr about the ADD medicine called Vyvanse. I have always had ADD and just compensated but I have a few friends say that this medicine makes life so much easier.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:39 PM   #33  

we haven't done our taxes either. I'm afraid we will have to pay.

Sandra, did you cave in? If you are hungry, eat. I'm sure you made a healthy choice.

Rhonda, sounds like a fun day. I don't think you did too bad.

I've been staying OP and did the treadmill for 30 min.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:59 AM   #34  

HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #35  
focused and aiming

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!

Pam, I caved but journaled. This morning my weight is down a bit. That gives me good incentive.

Rhonda, I'm glad you had your time out with your neighbors. Sounds like fun. We didn't do our taxes either. It's good to pay for peace of mind.

Nancy, I take Buspirone daily. Well, I take 1/3 a tablet. It helps me with my ADD.

I'm heading in to town for a school reunion. Should be fun. Curtis decided not to go. I feel a bit odd going without him, but it will be good to see all who are there. This reunion is for several years. Decades actually. That's the way it is with a small school, I guess.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #36  

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone. It was fun living in NYC on this day for three years. They know how to party.

But, no party here today, and no beer and no corned beef. We'll wear green.

Sandra, we've started having decade reunions too, but next year is my 50th and I'm sure we'll have a class party. Classes are getting smaller too, sadly.

Congrats on the art work, Nancy. I have a niece who takes something for ADD too and she is pleased with its effects.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:48 PM   #37  

Okay, my cousin thinks my problem is the blues from it being March
and that if I didn't feel that I needed ADD medicine last month that I should
get past the anniversary of his death and then decide if I still think I need it.

This is what I do when I am really down. I sit and don't like to plan anything, or make decisions, or get up early and everything seems pointless and uninteresting. I sorta feel frozen.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #38  

Nancy, that's the way everyone feels when they're down. You're in good company. I'm not sure that helps, but it is true.

I have managed over the last few years to MAKE myself go to the gym, regardless of my mood, and I always feel better. Take a walk and see if it helps to be outside.

I think your cousin as given you good advice.

On another topic, I recommend that everyone watch CNN tomorrow night and see Faheed Zahkaria's program on health care.

Off to the gym now.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #39  
beachbum

"HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY LADIES"

We have a cloudy day here on the Cape,but it not cloudy in my home,as I have my corned beef cooking and my Irish Music playing on the my Sirius radio. Call Leo family and wished all a Happy St Patrick's Day.

My DD kids are all have stomach viruses,hope that they will all be ok by the time i go down to visit,She didn't say anything,she seems to be very depressed. I don't know why except for the sickness in the family.

Other wise nothing it new,I stayed the same weight this week,I guess I lucky it wasn't a gain with all the scones I eat this week.YIKES!! not good for a person on a low carb diet.

PAM-Oh No I had my taxes done as soon as possible and I get my money back from the Fed and State. I'm always afraid if I wait too long to get them done and put in the mail,it would get lost,and then i would be in trouble.

SANDRA-Have a great time at your school renewal,never went to mine,as its in a bad neighborhood.

RHONDA-Know what you mean nothing better than to living in NYC during the St Patrick's Day and the parade. My friend Rita is match with her county Clair,if you watched the parade shes the one holding the Amer Flag.I miss the festivities as the people up here Irish in name only. No parades in our town,but the pubs will be filled. I made my corned beef & cabbage today.Next year I'm going to cook the cabbage and the potatoes separately.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #40  
focused and aiming

I had a good time. The Class of 52 were the honorees. There weren't many there from my graduating class, but I knew a lot of folks. One older man asked me if I was Jimmie Sheets' sister. Another asked me if I was his wife. I'm his daughter. Maybe I need some anti-aging creams.

I didn't wear green, but I planted qite a bit in the yard after I got home. Curtis and I went to Lowe's and stocked up on plants. I'm a happy planter.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #41  

nah, Sandra, they need some ginko balboa
Old 03-17-2012, 08:32 PM   #42  
focused and aiming

Old 03-18-2012, 10:09 AM   #43  

So, I haven't been writing about it, but I have been in a funk the last two days. They ask us not to be political on 3FC, so I'll leave it to your imagination about what has been really bothering me.

I've just decided the way to get out of it is to cook a big meal. So, be here at 5PM and join us, my niece and her husband for a spring meal. I'm making ham, potatoes, asparagus, sauteed mushrooms, salad, and I might even make a pie. And, I'll serve sparkling wine.

SO THERE!

When all else fails, have a party
Old 03-18-2012, 12:50 PM   #44  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Just got back from Brunch and I might go to the movies with my Friend pat to see "The Vow". My friend Mary is till in Fla watching her Boston Red Sox play their per-season games.

Had a wonderful St Patrick's Day,but my meal of corned beef & cabbage didn't come out the way I wanted. Next year I'm going to put the cabbage & potatoes in there own pot and cook the corned beef by itself.

My BIL called last night and told me that he saw my friend Rita carry the Amer Flag on the side of her County Claire Banister in the NYC St Patrick's Day Parade. Too bad that they don't televise the NY Parade up here in the Cape I would have taped it for her and make a copy for her to have for prosperity.

SANDRA-Glad you were able to go to your class reunion,by all mean you don't need anything done to yourself.Some of the men are absent minded and really don't remember.

RHONDA-I just can imagine,don't like to talk about the subject either.
I'm up a little this morning as the salty corned beef with it sodium that s causing the bloat. I have to drink more water to day and hopefully will be down again.

Have a great Sunday
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:09 PM   #45  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I hope you're out of your funk. We were in one last week but seem to be pulling out of it. Life goes on.

Maryann, I cooked an evening breakfast the other day that didn't turn out the way I wanted because I used a couple of different brands. Guess we have to "tweak" sometimes till we get all the way we want it.