Weekly Chat: Core/Simply Filling: Nov. 7- 13

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to

• New Pages!!
  • Good Morning everyone:

For the next six weeks, I am trying to eat "paleo/primitive", dramatically increase the amount of conditioning I do, and lift heavier according to a new plan with my trainer. I think that I can do anything for 6 weeks, provided I do not injure myself. If you want to know more about the food program, search "Mark's Daily Apple." Mostly it is no processed foods with a focus on meat, eggs, fruit, some vegetables, nuts, some dairy, etc. It is higher protein and lower carb. I've already lost two pounds since Friday. (I've changed my ticker to reflect where I really am.)
  • Hi Ladies

Had a busy morning with banks & other errands. Tomorrow will be busy also,with the plumber on the morning and than going to the hospital for my breathing test.

RHONDA-Thanks for the pages.Good luck with your new diet. I should cut down on my carbs as I'm not exercising like it did before my hip started hurting me. Thanks for sharing the web site with us going to check it out.

VICKIE They ave lots of frozen entrees there as my DD has a T/J 5 mins. from her and they both had the some foods.They have a two large aisles of froz. entrees, I just bought the ones I like. I'm sure you find something that you'll like.

Have a great day
  • Rhonda, thank you for the new pages and also for the website. I'll go take a peek.

Vickie, did you get your applesauce made? Do you buy the apples or raise them? We had apple trees in Montana and used to harvest a lot of fruit. I made applesauce and canned apples. This info would shock my Texas friends. I'm known as the "fast food queen" down here.
  • Hope the new diet goes well rhonda

Maryann hope your breathing test goes well

I have been struggling with the diet since getting to goal i put 4lbs on last week

• I'm away all day. I'm an alternate election judge in our elections today on amendments to the Texas constitution.

We expect low turnout and a VERY long day at the polls. I've got my books and crosswords.
  • Good Morning Ladies

I have time to post this morning as my plumber can't find a helper to remove my water system to get to the filter. I have to wait until next Tuesday instead.
    So I'm going to Vote and than go to the bank to deposit the condo fees for this month.

RHONDA-I looked up the web site Marks Daily Apple and don't think his diet is meant for me,thanks for sharing it with us anyway.

EMS-Thanks I'm a little nervous as I thought it was going to take 15 mins now I found out its a little over an hour.

SANDRA-I have no idea who were voting for in our town the local papers didn't have any candidates listed.But I know that they are voting on the wind turbans and my answer is NO as too many people here are getting migraines with the ones that are on the land.

Have to go,and get started

Have a great day.
  • Hi there. I had a great day at high school today. I'm working my program much better today after my OA meeting last night. Life is good.

Ems, you have done so well getting to goal. You know what to do to stay there. Be careful not to wind up like I did. I have regained over 30 pounds since I got to goal a few years ago.
  • Whew, I survived yesterday. I enjoy being a poll judge, but it can get quite tedious, especially when there is a low turnout. I'm very impressed with our system though. There are so many safeguards against tampering with the votes.

Mark's Daily Apple approach to nutrition isn't totally for me either. I don't think we know nearly as much about early humans' diet as some people claim. It is true that if early humans made it past being eaten by some other creature or childhood diseases, they lived a long time. The rest of it, I'm not so sure about--especially any claim to alter DNA.

But, I'm going to try to go grain and legume free for a while. Some joints in my hands are becoming painful, and people who eat gluten free say it helps.
    However, Thanksgiving day will be a big exception!

I hope everyone is going to have a good day.
  • Good Morning Chicks! I'm just flying through on a busy day. I spent HOURS yesterday wading through 3 of my Great Nieces and Nephew's Christmas Wish Lists to find exactly the right and bestest thing for me and Uncle Jim to buy for them that was within our budget. It's hard to spend a reasonable amount of money these days and get a nice gift.

We also hit the mall to get Jim some dress pants. He does not enjoy clothes shopping and I buy most of his stuff for him online. We went out to eat afterwards and I was starving and succumbed to banana walnut pancakes. Sigh. Licked my plate. I'm back on program today and not even a trifle ashamed. They were delicious and worth every point. I didn't eat dinner. That's all I can say for myself.

Rhonda, I'm glad you survived.

Sandra,....high school? How impressive. I'd find that age children intimidating at this point.

Gotta run. I'm having a manicure today as a special splurge for tomorrow night. Talk to you later.
  • Good Morning Chicks! I find it hard to believe that I'm first and last and 24 hours with no one in between. Hope you are all well.

Today is my 20th Wedding Anniversary and we have a special day planned. Must get out of the way of the cleaning lady soon and hem the pair of pants that I plan to wear tonight. Nothing like waiting until the last minute!
  • Good Morning Ladies

I'm fine,I went to the breathing test and I also went to the nose ears and throat doctor yesterday.The latter I got a prescription for a nasal spray and it worked the first time,compare to the ones over the counter. The breathing test consist of 4 test that was weird to me.The first thing they wanted me to do was to breath into a tube,and than the 3 other test were in a booth. I had to put a mouth piece in my mouth and breath as hard as I could and than blow out hard to empty my lungs and than breath normally. The other two test were the same but the booth was closed and I heard the instructions over a loud speaker. The results we be in on Monday.

RHONDA-Oh that true of the people living on earth many many century's ago. My joints are hurting but I think is arthritis. I think I'm going to cut my bread / starch carbs next week when I finish my planner this week. [old WW habit]. I noticed I'm eating way too many of the starch carbs being that the temps & seasons are changing.[comfort foods] and so near Thanksgiving..I guess along with cutting my carbs I will have to cut my calories down also.1400 down to 1200.

VICKIE-Congrats on your 20th anniversary. I not even thinking about Christmas gift list yet, I just want to get though Thanksgiving in NY at my DD's as I can't sleep on the floor blow up mattress that I usually sleep on,especially with my breathing & hip problems.

Have a great day
  • Vickie!!

Have fun tonight!

Rhonda
  • Thanks Rhonda! Red meat tonight....and dessert.

Mary Ann, I'm glad your tests are behind you. I hope you get great results. Thanks for the anniversary wishes.
  • Happy Anniversary, Vickie!

Maryann, I'm glad your tests are over and you're getting good results with the nasal spray.

I decided not to do the long term subbing afterall but will be doing day on and off subbing at both area high schools. I'm retired. I don't want to do lesson plans and grade essays. I told them I would take less "lighter" assignments. The ailing teacher may not be coming back. And like I said, "I'm retired."

Did I tell ya'll my permanent bridge broke in two last Friday afternoon. I had an emergency dental appt Saturday. Cost for my new bridge will be around $5000.

On a good note--I'm not able to eat much. Life goes on.