Weekly Chat: Core/Simply Filling: Oct. 24-30

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Good Morning Chicks!

More errands for me today. Now I actually feel like I can do them. In the Spring, I had terrible trouble with my plantar faciitis and I learned I also have double heel spurs in the left foot. It's really been hurting me for weeks now. Thursday, I had another cortisone shot so I'm hoping that will help. Now I'm icing and exercising 3 times a day for the next 3 weeks. Maybe have to do the exercises forever. Getting old! I also learned that it could be happening because I have one leg shorter than the other. Of course, the weight isn't helping either. So.....I'll be ordering special shoes too. Sigh.

Sandra, I know you like SAS but there was another brand too but I can't remember what it was. My Doctor likes Dr. Comfort and SureFit. I also ordered a pair off of Shoebuy.com with a 20% off coupon called OrthoFeet. They are kind of cute. I need a navy pair though since I'm in blue jeans often.

JoJo, I hope you listen to your Doctor. You'll heal faster if you stay put for a couple of days. Jim has scoliosis and degenerative disc disease and I see how painful it is for him. Be patient. And....I'm glad your Mom is back at her place and safe.

Rhonda, your weekend sounds fun! I too, used to use the NeilMed Saline Solution Rinse. It really helped a lot. I'm not sure why I stopped because it would really help with my allergies right now.

Mary Ann, do you have any results yet? Are you feeling better?

Good Luck with your procedures, Ems.

Nancy, you make me laugh. I never got to respond to you about your texting post. It made me laugh....HARD! I don't have texting yet but am thinking about it. I'm afraid I'll never talk to anyone again if I get it. At least now, they actually have to call me. Also wanted to tell you that I LOVE Healthy Choice....better than the other meals. I really like their Asian Potstickers and also a Spinach Parmesan Pasta steamer. I'm trying all their new stuff. Jim likes the Parmesan Risotto. Their new healthy line is Coreish....whole wheat pasta, brown rice....

They weather is cold here and very Fall like. I'm enjoying it very much. Jim and I went to the gambling boat on Tuesday for our anniversary splurge. We both lost but had a wonderful time. Things should start to calm down a bit now until they start work on the master bath. We are all ready for them to come and be gone!

What are your plans for this weekend? Any plans for Halloween?
  • Hi Ladies

Had a bad night even using the saline spray,slept until 10 AM,and I had to go out for last minute stables as we are expecting a big nor'easter snow storm ,but I think they are wrong at least for Cape Cod, the temps on the land and in the sea at too high,but I can see heavy winds and rain are on the way.

I'm so excited Got on the scale is morning and I'm now 160 lost .5 this morning so now I have 1 more to get out of the 160's and 10 more to reach my goal.

RHONDA- It works but last night I had to take twice the dosage of the sale spray so I'm going to call the doctor on Monday and ask him for a prescription stronger that the over the counter kind.

VICKIE-Still can't believe my doctor hasn't contracted me as its over a week that I had the stress test and the heart doctor told me he was going to talk to my doctor about an ECHO and carotid artery test. Definitely going to call him on Monday as I'm angry that he didn't get back to me.

Have to go and have a late dinner as I woke up late this morning.

Have a great day
  • Vickie, I like MBT shoes. They aren't for everyone, though. You might check them out but be careful if you decide to buy them. They can make you really wobbly. Another shoe that's good is Born. I hope you get some relief from your shot. I hardly ever have problems any more. I hope you get good results, too.

Maryann, congratulations on losing weight. I am happy for you.

I had a margarita last night and was asleep by 8:30. Am I a party animal or what?

Rhonda, I'm sending you and Doyle mucho energy.

I'm watching "Soldier" with Kurt Russell. Already seen it several times, but I never get tired of watching it. Do I need a life?
  • Mary Ann the saline spray is way different than what Rhonda and I use. I don't think it's nearly as effective as the spray does not get up into the sinus cavity far enough to really rinse the bad stuff out. Here's what we use.http://www.neilmed.com/usa/sinusrinse.php

Thanks, Sandra. I just got home from errands and now I need to do my exercises and ice. I walked too much. I'll check out Born and MBT. I didn't like any of the SAS styles. Do you still like them? I never saw Soldier. I'll have to check it out.
  • So, the gks are here; the party starts in 90 minutes; the person who was supposed to help isn't coming. Well, what happens, happens.
  • Good Morning Chicks! I just got back from JC. I only have my 30% discount on food reward program until January. I'm madder than a wet hen because it was supposed to be lifetime. All I can say is NEVER sign a long term contract with JC or be open to the notion that they may try to back out of it at any time. It will force me to get my butt back to WW and on Core points plus. That's where I want to be anyway...it's just the principle of the situation.

Congratulations, Mary Ann! I've not lost anything in a while and I'm still up about 7 pounds.

Rhonda.....SHAME SHAME on your helper! I really hate when people commit but don't honor their commitments. I hope the person had a good reason.

I'm doing a mountain of laundry today and Jim is out running errands. Tomorrow we start over with all the errands again.
  • The party worked out fine. Everyone brought stuff and just relaxed into the situation. In my opinion, there was no good excuse-short of major illness- for not calling me (she had my phone number and sent an email) and making arrangements for someone else to be here. Period, full stop, no negotiations.

Vickie, so sorry you're having contract problems. Shall I come up there and hurt someone?! I'm in the mood, obviously.

Maryann, congrats on the weight loss. I wish that I were joining you.

Sandra, yes, you need a life!
  • She STILL hasn't called? Wow.
  • Hi Chicks, I'm on week 2 @ Fat Chicks & I am enjoying everyones posts . I have problems like I love peanut-butter-cup candy , etc. If I was not a KOP in my TOPS club I know I would be wearing a size 14 again, instead of my size 10 during the last 3 years. But I Need to get to my Final goal of 141# & so I came 'here' to 3 Fat Chicks get Help from NEW thoughts/ideas on health & weight-loss from your gang . TOPS & KOPS does work; but getting off my last 10# before Valentine's Day is my Final goal & keeping off the 2011 Holiday pounds is going to be a adventure ! If anyone has 'candy' or 'desserts with 5 ingredients or less' that are: Low fat, Low sugar/carbs, Low sodium, & include some Fiber, Pleassse post them here or add me to your buddy list & send them to me Thanks Sooo Much! I want to enjoy the Holidays like the skinny people do & my hubby & our kids & my grandbabies do, Thanks , Dee
  • We had a great time today. After church several of us went to lunch together. I thoroughly enjoy being with them.

Rhonda, I'm glad all worked out last night. That was beyond rude not contacting you--let alone not showing up.

Dee, I used to go to TOPS, too. I never made it to KOP. I lived in Montana when I was a member. Have you looked at the recipes here? You might find some you like.

Vickie, I do like my MBT's. I love the "bounciness." Tomorrow I'm back OP with WW.

We're enjoying glorious weather. I hope you all are, too. Life is good.
  • what's with all the initials? what is KOP? MBT? You know not to confuse an old lady. I'm confused enough on my own.

I'm being lazy today. Still in my pjs.

Vickie, that is not right about JC. Core is better for you anyway.

Rhonda, oh me, oh my. Glad things worked out but I would be super upset with that woman that didn't show or call.

I wonder if Maryann got snow?

It's been gorgeous here since we got to FL. Low 80's, no humidity, light breeze. I'm debating whether to join the gym. I want to, but I never stick with anything and feel like I'll just be throwing my money away.

Sandra, lunch with friends is a nice way to spend Sunday afternoon.
  • KOPS means Keeping off Pounds Sensibly. Not sure about MBT. It's a shoe brand. Sketchers and others are doing similar styles now.

Pam, you're not old. I'm glad you're enjoying your weather. I'm meeting a GF for lunch tomorrow, too. I feel blessed.
  • thanks for explaining Sandra. Yep, I draw my first SS check in November, so I'm old. Don't feel that old. My mind still thinks I'm in my early 30's but my body tells me different.

Made fresh tilapia, stir fried veggies and wheat couscous. Yum. I have not cooked like this in a long while. I am enjoying every single morsel.
  • Pam, I go on Medicare Jan. 1. Ain't it great!!
  • Hey Sandra & Pammy , U 2 girls R Beautiful, I hope I will be just as Beautiful & sassy like U 2 girls R & B alive to retire....Just 8 more years...Hey I didn't eat up the Halloween candy yet, so this is a good weekend Bye, Dee