Weekly chat Sept 5th-12th

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • Oh Nancy... what do you do? I know people like that family, sometimes it is impossible to say no because they are like water on a stone and you find yourself in situations wondering how the heck you got there. If they had any compassion in their bodies they would be urging the boys to gather around you for this year. Dreadful people.
  • Morning chicks. Thanks for the new pages jojo.

Nancy, your boys need to be with you this Christmas. End of story.

I've been working on a vintage train case. A lady wants me to revamp one for her daughters wedding. I didn't snack quite as often, that's a good thing.

I have a busy week planned. Dentist cleaning on Tues, cardio dr. on Wed, hair color/wax/nails on Sat. Then we leave for Vegas on Sunday. We are staying in Nashville on Sat, and leaving our car at the hotel and getting shuttled to airport.

I am right back where I started with my weight. Exercise is the key. Just hate doing it.

Happy Labor Day!!! We have rain and it cooled down, so I'm happy.
  • Thanks for the pages, Jojo.

My goodness, Nancy, what a passive agressive bunch of people. If your kids go on the trip, then you should just come here and Sandra and I will treat you to a Cowgirl Christmas!

I've put on 5 pounds in about a day! But, I ate salad last night and sent people home with the left over bar-b-que

It is about 65F and wonderful. The birds are so happy, and so are we.

We were one day short of tying the record for consecutive days over 100F, but we set a record for highest average temperature, I'm told.

Back later, have a great day.
  • Good Morning Ladies

Going to be quite day for me,but I'm going to take advantage of the beach now that lots of people are leaving today and we finally got our beaches back again. Can't believe how this summer season passed with out a blink of an eye.

We went to see The Guard and gave it a 10 but I don't recommend if you can't stand the language.My sister gave it a 8 and her DH a 10+++++. To me the story line was funny.Its supposed to be a [fish out of the water] comedy.

JOJO-Thanks for the new pages.I agree with you what you told Nancy I think that is horrible,what going on.

PAM-Have a wonderful time a Las Vegas.I never been there,but than again I don't gamble. I know there are shows to see for the non gamblers.
    You'll get back to exercising again, just walk that's activity that even seniors like us can do.

RHONDA-I went out with my friend Mary after the movie to the 99 and i had sirloin tips & chicken tender combo with a total of calories 1400 in one sitting up 2 lb myself,but I'm expecting it to go down again with my lite eating and walking for the next couple of days.

Have to go,and get down to the beach to get my walking done.
  • Good morning. We slept in this morning. Long story short--we had taken Tylenol PM due to a situation we were sort of spectators/sort of sideline participants in last night. I wanted sugar. My gf wanted a cigarette. Rhonda, this is something you'd find interesting, but it's something I'd best not post on the www. If any of you would like to know, send me a PM and I'll vent to you. Caution: it'll be a long vent.

That said (or almost said) my weight has stayed the same this week. Sometimes that's as good as it gets, and at TOPS it's called "turtling." (sp?) Next Monday evening our OA meetings begin at our local church. I have lemon/pepper chicken roasting for lunch and am back on track. I did manage to stay out of the sugar, so I'm still sf since June 2010.

Nancy, your kids do need to be with you.

JoJo, thank you for the new pages. Guess I should have said this before I got caught up typing.

Rhonda, I know you had fun and are ready to be back to your normal routine. I'll wager everyone was impressed with your bod. Way to go, girl!!

Maryann, I'll have to check out that movie. Thank you for telling us about it.

Got to go finish making lunch. Ya'll have a MARVELOUSLY MAGNIFICANT MONDAY!!!
  • I want to know!!!!

I'm off to bathroom shop.
  • Thanks for the support. I was doing so great and had a nice weekend with company but this thing about both my boys being gone at Christmas has thrown me into a terrible spiral down. I have been crying since yesterday. I can't breathe thinking about my first Christmas without Robin or my boys. I wish I could just be brave and tell them to go & have fun.

I am so full of hate right now at their dad & grandparents for pushing for this..
    It seems heartless & mean.. We have worked for a good relationship and did a great job cooparenting and I was able to forgive the stuff that caused the divorce. But this makes me want to scratch their eyeballs out...

It is worse that they told me they weren't going so I have counted on that. If they aren't here I just want to travel by myself the whole holiday and pretend it isn't Christmas. Then that leaves my poor Grandson and step daughter here with no one to help them thru.
  • Nancy, I am so sorry.
  • Nancy, the boys should be ashamed of themselves and so should their Dad and Grandparents. NO way should they be gone the first Christmas.
  • Having been a single parent and coped with shared holidays, I thought I could
    manage to get through it but part of what I am grieving is my empty nest, so that is making the possibility of them being gone seem so much worse.
    Not much I can do but wait til they decide and figure out how to get thru it.
    Maybe I will just rent a beach house for a few weeks.
  • Do they know how hard this is going to be on you? Maybe you should not be brave and tell them. Maybe the would be happy to say no if they could say that you need them. Maybe they think you want to be alone?
  • Quote: Do they know how hard this is going to be on you? Maybe you should not be brave and tell them. Maybe the would be happy to say no if they could say that you need them. Maybe they think you want to be alone?
    There dad pressured me constantly during Robin's illness and the week after he died for my agreement to the trip . I just kept telling him it was selfish to even consider. Both boys told them they didn't want to go. The trip plan was dropped until yesterday and now the boys have been told the tickets are bought and that grandpa isn't feeling well and it could be his last trip. My son said being in the middle makes him want to not come home at all. I always swore I wouldn't do that to my kids by making them feel guilty about holiday choices. It makes me want to take the high road and tell them to go & enjoy.

ps..sorry to get into all this..it surprised me for it to come up again..I will figure some way to handle it if they go.
  • THAT does it, Nancy. We're all coming to your place for Christmas! ;-)
  • Quote: THAT does it, Nancy. We're all coming to your place for Christmas! ;-)
    hahaha...you girls are the best.
    It feels good just to have you on my side about this.
    I talked to my younger son tonight and he said he isn't going.
    I lowered myself to badmouthing his dad & grandparents. I vented big
    time !!
    I hate that I did that because I have gotten through 14 years of coparenting without doing that (despite plenty of material!)
    I texted him and told him I was sorry, just upset & he said he understood.

I looked through pictures from last year and this year after Robin died.
    I do so much better when people are in this house. I was doing fairly well this summer with my son home & grandson over a lot. I will have to do more inviting ..

I have really hogged this thread today..while I am at it - about my eating.
    I have gone very low carb today and plan to stick with it. It curbs my appetite . If I haven't lost after a week of low carb I think I am going to go to WW meetings. Tomorrow is my first day at the new gym . I have a pesonal trainer session at 10:30.
    Night and thanks for letting me share !!!
  • I couldn't possibly tell you all where my my husband said Nancy's boys should have told their father to stick the tickets. All I will say, is that the doctor would need to wear gloves to remove them

We reckon that if we start hitching now, we could get to the U.S by Christmas eve, if one of you would pick us up at the coast. You can't miss us. Two, slightly rounded ( and a bit damp from the swim) seniors with a black lab on a piece of string. What a Christmas we would all have eh?

My in laws, live in the same city as us, but never set eyes on our daughter, even before she was diagnosed at age 3. They sent us a letter some years ago saying that we were never to tell anyone that she was a member of their family because it would stop people marying into the family. That cut deeper than any knife. But I'll tell you something Nancy, they have missed out on far more than we have and we have had a much better life than they. So I firmly believe that what goes around comes around.