3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   New pages weekly chat August 15th - 21st (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/240889-new-pages-weekly-chat-august-15th-21st.html)

ontarget 08-18-2011 03:33 PM

Pam, that's wonderful news. I am so happy for you. I'm not into sugar. It's still been over a year since I've had a sugar dessert. Thank you for asking.

Nancy, your weekend getaway sounds like fun. You ladies enjoy yourselves and pamper yourselves all you can.

JoJo, it gives me hope hearing that autumn is knocking on your door. I'm so tired of this summer heat.

Vickie, I have one leg up, too. Just finished making CORE pudding.

Maryann, wish I had some chicken soup for you, too. Take care.

Rhonda, where art thou, Cuz?

Tejas 08-18-2011 06:00 PM

:wave:

Just lost my post in cyber space....back after a nap :yawn:

Tejas 08-18-2011 11:39 PM

What a good nap I had. I went swimming with my niece tonight also, and that was really nice. I also increased the weight in my workout this morning and have some serious triceps now :lol:

I'm glad to hear that your cat is better, Nancy, and I hope you have a good trip this weekend.

Pam, I share the relief about your medical situation. Hopefully, you will not have any more trouble with this.

Maryann, feel better!!

I didn't do so well with my eating today. I was out at some meetings and should have taken food with me. But, all in all, I'm doing well. I made a green shake yesterday and I've got to do more of that. I put 2 cups of spinach, a cup of parsley, 1 apple, 1 cup of low-sodium V8 juice in a food processor and then drink it. It is good, and it is obviously healthy. I recommend it to you.

jojo23 08-19-2011 02:11 AM

Pam That is wonderful news. You know, we all hope we win the lottery but when you get the all clear on a health issue that has worried you, you realise there are some things money can't buy.

Nancy We have a huge freezer in our shed. Now we are downsizing, we are trying to run it down and make do with the little upright one under the fridge in the kitchen. Then they have meat on special in the supermarket, or someone gives us vegetables from their garden... it goes on and on, a vicious circle and for the year we have been trying to empty it, we still haven't got to the bottom.

How are you now Maryann? Keep in touch

A fish pedicure centre has opened in town. We are going to give it a go next week. Mind you, that's all supposing that it isn't done in the shop front, because Mark says he's damned sure he's not going to have it done with the world and his wife looking in! I'll try and post a link under this so that you can have a look at it, and a blinking good laugh imagining us two sitting there.

www.drgarraspa.com

beach bum 08-19-2011 10:30 AM

GOOD MORNING LADIES:)

FEELING A LOT BETTER TODAY BUT I HAD TO TELL ALICE THAT I COULDN'T GO OUT FOR CHINESE LAST NIGHT. LOST A COUPLE OF POUNDS NOT EATING,HOPE I CAN KEEP IT DOWN FOR TOMORROW'S OFFICIAL W-I.CROWDS ARE STILL HERE THOUGHT THEY WOULD GO AFTER THE ROAD RACE.

PAM-Sorry I wasn't on the board yesterday to wish and pray for you .Hope the mole biopsy isn't cancerous. I have a mole from the day I was born on my left chin bone,and I still have it but it never changed size or color.Thanks I did have a good time at the dinner,didn't know any one but my friend Mary,but I did have a great time anyway. Oh Pam I so happy to hear that the mole was removed hoping now that it will be the end of that.I agree to see your Fla doctor when you get back.It will give you peace of mind.

NANCY-Sorry about your cat,and the expense of the vet. My cat 20 years ago had to have her tooth out and they kept her over night as they had to cut her face and that cost $300.But it was worth it,as she was suffering and won't eat.After that when ever I had no troubles getting drops or meds & she had a opening that I could get them in. Nancy I had to giggle:lol: when I read your shampoo & dis detergent joke.Thanks Nancy,[BRAT] Banana,Rice,Apple Sauce and Toast was my stable diet for the day along with chicken soup.

SANDRA-Thanks I feeling a lot better but I going to take it easy with what I eat.

RHONDAThanks, your green shake sounds interesting. I made a tomato salad and read somewhere that watermelon added to a tomato salad has a very refreshing salad. Have to try them both.

JOJO-Thanks I was feeling find ,until I saw the website you posted :lol: No I think I still go to my foot doctor. No fish nibbling on my feet.

Have a great day

Tejas 08-19-2011 10:43 AM

Fish pedicure. Hmm, I didn't know that fish had toes. OK, OK, I looked at the link. I'll be interested to hear about it. I could only think that no one who grew up swimming in muddy lakes and streams would be able to let anything nibble on their toes :lol:

Now, how's this for Texan...we might go to the opening night of the North Texas Rodeo tonight. It will depend upon the heat.

ontarget 08-19-2011 11:17 AM

Rhonda, you and Doyle are more adventurous than we are. Be careful in that heat. Your green drink sounds interesting. I'll bet it was filling. I like all those ingredients. I may try it. Thanks for the head's up. I'll print it out.

Maryann, glad you're better. I'd take a weightloss for being sick one day. Now 2 days might be different. Don't know if I'd be all right with that.

JoJo, I'm going to go take a peek. Sounds interesting.

Vickie, ;) ;) ;)

I am feeling worse today than I have the last 2. Don't know if it's from the heat problems from Saturday or not. I do know I'm in for the day. Rhonda, be careful.

Tejas 08-19-2011 03:21 PM

I rather doubt that we are really going. In fact, I'm taking another nap!

I went to a meeting where huge Mexican burritos were served. I carefully ate around the rice, ate the meat, and ate only a small amount of the tortilla. :woohoo:

ontarget 08-19-2011 03:48 PM

I highly recommend a night at the movies if ya'll decide to go out. I've seen the "Apes" movie twice. My kind of movie. I also heard "The Help" is good, too.

Mexican food sounds good. We just got home from the Friday Fish Fry.

I'm having a girls' day out tomorrow in Fort Worth. We're going to an OA Workshop. Should be fun.

ontarget 08-19-2011 03:49 PM

Yikes! I hope my temperature thingee is wrong. It's saying 121*! I know it's hot--but it's not that hot!!

Tejas 08-19-2011 07:34 PM

Sandra the temp thingee on your post says 104. It is 105F here, and the heat advisory is still on. We're not going to the rodeo, but might go to the parade in the morning.

ontarget 08-19-2011 09:38 PM

It was messed up for a few minutes I guess. I'm glad it only got up to 107* today. I knew it was wrong but it was still shocking to see it.

Have fun at the parade.

jojo23 08-20-2011 02:01 AM

Pedicire is looking a bit of a no go. We walked by it yesterday and people were sitting around the walls with their feet in tanks. One woman had her knitting:D There was a huge crowd watching. Unless they have a back room we aint going.

Glad you're better Maryann

I really feel for you girls in the heatwave. We were promised a very hot summer but, apart from a few hot and sticky days, it hasn't been too bad at all.

beach bum 08-20-2011 10:35 AM

GOOD MORNING LADIES:)

STILL NOT FEELING 100 % DON'T KNOW IF ITS THE HEAT OR A VIRUS I CAN'T KICK. ANY WAY I GOT ON THE SCALE AND I MAINTAINED FROM THE 3 LB LOSS OF LAST WEEK.

SANDRA- Thought I lose more than just maintain,as I was eating anything but chicken rice soup .If I'm not feeling well by Monday I will go to the doctor. Oh I can understand what the heat is doing to you & people living in the south.I live up here in the Cape and the humidity is what driving me nuts I have a the a/c in the living room on already.Don't feel like going out,but if I don't I have my neighbors looking in on me,I'm lucky to have them so close by.

RHONDA-Other than Italian food I love Mexican but I had to stay away from the spices this week. Once I recoop I think I might give it a try.

JOJO-Thanks,You know we shouldn't complain about our temps after see what Rhonda & Sandra are going though. :faint: YIKES :faint: with those #'s.

Have a great day

pam920 08-20-2011 10:52 AM

Morning chicks.

Maryann, hope you feel back to normal soon. congrats on maintaining. I think I might have a gain this week.

jojo, I'd pass on the pedicure. No way would I put my feet into a tank with those fish.

Not much planned for today. My daughter is in the mood to redo her bedroom, so I see a shopping trip coming on in the near future.

Seems like we all love mexican food. That is really all that is available here except for fast food. Will be glad to get back to Florida, where there are more options.

Have a great weekend.