Old 07-03-2011, 02:41 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Nancy, the only advice I have is to go to Mayo Clinic website and figure out what you need to sustain your body, then take 500 calories away from that daily. I think that they also have a way to figure what you need to eat IF you are trying to lose.

I've read that some people believe that it is too shocking for the body to decrease 500 calories immediately, so you have to ease into it.

I consulted a nutritionist who has told me to eat more calories, but I move a lot. She said that we all need to increase our vegetable intake, so more salad is on my plate.

My trainer is among those who says that the scale is useless, go by how your clothes feel, or take only one measurement--the waist-- and let that be your guide. If it diminishes, good; if not, cut more calories and/or increase exercise.

Last edited by Tejas; 07-03-2011 at 02:42 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:01 PM   #32  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Went to see the Larry Crowne movie with Tom Hanks & Julia Roberts with my friend Mary, gave it a 7 rating. went to 99 restaurant after the movies.

Looks like it going to rain in minute now,decided not to go to the Strawberry Festival[5/7PM] its too close to the fireworks time,and the streets will be packed,as the police won't allow anyone on the streets at 6PM.

Called my friends and told them its going to be too hard getting through those crowds of people and their cars. So my 4th will be quite also.

RHONDA-I agree woman can be just a good as a man or even better, Glad you have a friend that can help with things around the house.

NANCY-I had a mass for my DH this morning and today was a up day for me having my friends around in the choir. I have down days but like Rhonda said they less and less. Just have faith and that will get you though.Count your blessing always,you'll find others have it it harder than you did. And for the diet I try to keep to a 300 or less calorie meal[1200] at day also. Fiber one bars or brownies are small to carry in your handbag of pocket. SB has meal replacement bars are are good also. Wheat Thins and String Cheese,[170c]Bag of Chocolate-Covered Pretzels[130c]small box of raisins[130c]Babybel Light Cheese[ 50 c] per piece are some of the ones I use. Hope that helps.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:56 AM   #33  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

New pages up and running
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote