Old 06-15-2011, 07:44 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

I'm being a bit quiet this week. But, I got the results of the MRI on my right knee and I have iliotibial bursitis and patellar tendonitis and will start phyiso on Monday. I have to back off the heavy weight work on the legs for a while, but I'm sure I'll be back to it.

DH has been getting medical reports that are telling him to change- now. We shall see. One minute I think he will, then, no. That's the way we humans are as we well know.

A friend of ours died on Saturday and we went to his funeral today. He was in DH's highschool class and his wife, now widow, was in mine. We saw lots of friends today. The funeral made me wish that I had known him even better than I did. He was, among many other things, a volunteer fire fighter and the funeral procession--right through town--was led by fire trucks and the fire department flew its flag at half-mast. Sweet.

Have a good night, everyone.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:48 PM   #17  

ems...Sandra is a world-class archer! (And my favorite cousin.)

Speaking of cousins-here is a great story:
my mother had a twin sister who had a son, Robert. He was my cousin. He had a daughter and she had a son. I just learned this week that this son lives in the same town that I do and rented a house here in this same town for four years from my former sister-in-law and the house was managed by her son, my nephew. BUT, no one knew they were related! Now, we know and are planning a family get together. We found each other when my cousin's daughter sent me a Friend request on FB. Amazing.

Last edited by Tejas; 06-15-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:17 PM   #18  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies. It official, out WW at work session started today. I'm 11 pounds from my lifetime goal. Not too bad, could be worse. I'm going to update my tracker and keep it up to date.

Just wanted to stop by quickly -- GAME 7 STARTING. GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:55 PM   #19  

Congratulations Paula!
Old 06-16-2011, 08:48 AM   #20  

OK first off -- WOOO HOOO!!! Great Job to the BRUINS! Bringing home the cup!!

Got that off my chest - we are all just giddy here in MA. Awesome game, Awesome team.

I finished day 1 on the new program - I am doing points. I was reading all the books last night and one thing caught my attention. Since vegetables and fruits are all free and I need to eat all 29 points a day - I need to make sure I am getting enough protein and whole grains. I think doing simply filling I would not focus on that much. So, I had an egg and whole wheat bagel thin for breakfast with my fruit and I have a can of tuna to go on my salad.

For those doing SF - be sure you are getting in the protein. The one thing in the materials is that if you don't eat all the daily points, you'll not lose. So if you eat tons of fruit and veggies and little whole grains and proteins on SF and not losing, this may be why.

Day 2 for me!

BBL.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:18 AM   #21  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Loved the movie Midnight in Paris and I recommend seeing it even if your not a movie buff. After that my friend took me to Soprano's for a birthday dinner.If you can proof that you have a birthday in June you get your meal FREE.It seems it every Wednesday.

We have a beautiful sun shiny day, I'm going down to the beach as see if I can walk the street in my community is difficult to walk as its on a incline and I get winded doing so.

EMS-Thanks,I hoping that I will be able to walk a little along the beach.

RHONDA-Sorry about your knee,but I sure PT will take some of the pain away. I have to start to do my knee exercise & stretches again to get my knee back into shape again. Sorry about your DH friend passing. He seem like a hero in my eyes being a fireman and a pall barrier. Sending prayer your way. What a amazing story about your relatives being so close to where you live.

PAULA-Congrats on being so close to your goal,wish it was me as I was going down to the 140[26-lbs]away but now my doctor told me 150 that would bring me down to [16-lbs] Yes congrats to the Bruins for winning the Standley Cup.

Have to go,have a nice day

beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:21 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 183/183/155

ems81 .. we went to the mall instead, it started to rain
ONTOnlybluemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:59 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

cool archer sounds fun

Well done paula im 12lbs off my own personal goal

I lost 1.5lbs today :d im only 5lbs away from my birthday goal xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:50 AM   #24  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

My friend invited me to a BBQ yesterday,and we had a lot of fun with the people that i met. Today is back to getting the house straighten before my sister comes this Monday. can't stay o n the board that long as we are expecting thunder storms and I have to be up stairs with the sky lites.Don't need to see the lightening while getting the upstairs bathroom done.

Other wise nothing new.except I down to 166 this morning and I haven 't been that low since before Leo had his cancer. May this low calorie low carbs are working. Hopefully it will stay that way for tomorrows W-I.

EMS-WHOOOOOOOOO!! 1.5 loss that great big I sure you make your birthday goal.

Have to go will be back tomorrow morning. Have a great day.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:08 AM   #25  

morning chicks.

ems. woohoo, 1.5 lbs. That is great. I've been maintaining, but need to get serious. My dr. wants me to try to lose 6 lbs before I see him in Sept.

Maryann, we are expecting rain today. It's cloudy and sprinkles but the heavy rain is expected later in the day.

Rhonda, sorry about your knee. Hope you are following dr.s orders.

have a great day everyone.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:19 AM   #26  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm still on program but racing around like crazy. We hope things will slow down soon. Our computer is not functioning properly so we have an appointment with the Apple genius today. Hope he can help without too many dollars. Our dollar are flying out the door lately.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:13 AM   #27  

Go to the mini-goals section and read "Half the woman I used to be..."
Old 06-17-2011, 12:31 PM   #28  

Hi everyone. I'm doing OK on plan. Day 3 for me. We had my dd's school show last night and there were refreshments afterwards. After I unconsously ate one cookie, stopped myself from reaching for a second. Didn't even think! And there was fruit. I estimated and counted the points for yesterday. For now I need to remind myself on what are good food choices. At least I stopped after one.

EMS - congrats on the loss!

Rainy day here today - tomorrow MUST be sunny! We are having DDs class to our house for a year end party. Once I get home tonight and finish with dinner, I need to run to Target to get some cups and then make cup cakes. DD has a karate test from 9-12 tomorrow, then the party is 2-4. Busy day for me - I MUST plan my food today. Add that to the things to do tonight......eek! Only another few days and she's out of school for the summer and this year end craziness will be over.

BBL.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:06 AM   #29  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Got all the up stairs polished & clean,as I haven't be up there since Nov.
now I get to go over the downstairs bath and I will be finished,and can rest a bit,before my next crew comes in July.

Went down on the scale 1.5 and its all curbing my carbs to low 132/151 average.Have to get weight off now that my knees are bad,and can't carry this extra weight anymore.

PAM-It rained all night,and my tomato plants got an extra drink.It cloudy but all I have to do is go to Walmart of my extra items that I need for my sister's arrival on Monday.

VICKIE-Slow down a little, from your post I can get you are rushing around. Hope you Apple Computer is working again properly,and it doesn't too many. I know I watching pennies & dollars also.

RHONDA-Looked for the Mini goals section but I couldn't find it . Is it in the WW section or the 3 fat chicks forum.

PAULA-Congrats on only eating one cookie and than heading to the fruit. You did good. Proud of you. Hope the sum shining at your DD end of the year party. Don't think is going to rain like they predicted as it cloudy but not enough for rain. Hope I right,want to get out to walmart and I don;t like driving any any kind of bad weather.

Have a great day
Old 06-18-2011, 10:55 AM   #30  

On my computer, mini goals section is toward the top of the 3FC site. I don't know how to paste the link in.