Fast-food options

• Hi.

I'm going on a road trip and am looking for good fast-food options.

I will pack snacks and grocery shop but still need options.

I like Subway, Tim Horton's, Wendy's, etc. Anything possible?

TIA
    Bonnie
  • At KFC you can now get grilled chicken, as opposed to breaded and fried. That's an option. And I want to say Carl's Jr. or BK or some such fast food burger chain has started introducing turkey burgers.
  • Something I had to keep in mind on a recent trip where food options were not the greatest was that even though you may be eating an unhealthier meal, you can still limit how much of it you eat. Eat half the burger and all of the side salad, for example.
  • The small chili at Wendys.
  • Cracker Barrel is a great place. Adults can eat off the kid's menu and that includes the drink. I believe that's less than $5. You can get vegetable dinners, grilled chicken, lots of different kinds of low point sides. We eat at Cracker Barrel a lot when traveling as well as at Subways.
  • I just read an article that Starbucks & Dunken Donuts both have a very healthy
    breakfast option. I forgot what it was but i remember thinking I would try them both.

I just looked at the starbucks menu online. I have to say I am surprised. Lots of
    fruit & protien snack plates , a few good looking oatmeal choices, and some healthy
    wraps. I will have to remember this when traveling. I wonder if they are crazy expensive??
  • When I am traveling and I have no other choice but MickeyD's or other fast food places. I order a hamburger and don't eat the bun. I carry a fork with me so I can eat it easier. When I stop at a place for breakfast , say, a coffee shop, I might order an omelette, no hash brwns and no toast. Cut back as much as you can and take as many walks as you can, when you stop for food or gas or rest stops, if all you can do is walk around the car a few times, do that