Old 05-13-2011, 09:57 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Aww, Nancy, your post brought tears to my eyes. I'm proud to be your cyber sister. We all hold you in our hearts.

Last edited by Tejas; 05-13-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:02 AM   #32  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Sun is out and it looks like the winds subsided,so out to the beach to get my walking done. Going to a late movies to see Thor,its suppose to be a an exciting movie with a lots of action. The rest of the weekend hopefully if the weather permits we will be doing out door activities.Just heard the news we are going to have a nice day today and should do some kind of outdoor activity as we are go to have rain starting Sat night until next Wed. Isn't it April showers not May showers.

Yesterday at choir practice we heard that we will be going to join the Men's Gregorian Chant Choir for Ascension Thursday. Have to start practicing my Latin.

SANDRA-that's a great idea,never thought of that. Going to try and find a big rock to do the same. The winds up here are hurricane force all the time.

PAM-I had spaghetti, meatballs & veggies yesterday today I'm having flounder with brown rice and veggies.Pam my triglyceride were up and I'm concerned about that. My sister told me when having a blood test I shouldn't go out to eat,especially at fast food places. Hope your numbers go down I used to take Lipitor but now I'm on Leschol,as the first didn't work for me. Of course the cholesterol has to do with the liver,my doc told me that my liver is not taking the fat out of my blood so I have to take Leschol for my cholesterol and Tricor for the triglycerides.

NANCY-Glad that your son is home with you and your walking with your friends.Take one day at a time,and keep busy is my advice,and when ever you need to talk just post and if you feel you need privacy PM one of us because we are your cyber sisters.

Have a great day

beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:08 PM   #33  
focused and aiming

Nancy,
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:21 AM   #34  

First day in a very long time that felt like a "good day".
My son is home Grandson is over for the night we went fishing
and my meeting with clerk of court went much better than expected It looks like I won't have to do probate through the court at all. Just changing some titles at DMV to my name only.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:01 AM   #35  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy237 View Post
Pam..keep us posted about the blood test results.
I only like Egg McMuffin at Mc Donald's also.

After a rough few weeks of not sleeping or eating much & feeling very
hopeless I have had 2 days that were much better. I went and picked up my youngest from college today and he is home & I am thrilled. My sweet dog Skipper has not left my side since march but she is torn about who's bed to sleep beside tonight. She is going back & forth .

I have made a schedule that I hope will help me get some order to my days . Doing paperwork(like estate stuff & bills ) that I dread early to get it over with. Then yard work & shower and then on to the things I want to do that are on my list ..I am going to try to walk with friends around 6 or 7. Then read & do fun things at night like photos.

Thanks everyone for letting me be down when I am down . I know I can always be real here. I don't post on facebook much because I don't really want to share my grief with everyone but you guys are like my cyber-sisters!!!
I was the same Nancy. Only a few hours of sleep and living on sandwiches. We had dreadful problems with Beth's dog too. She lost weight, got depressed, wouldn't come out of Beth's room etc. At the end of this month, it will be a year since Beth said goodbye until we meet up again. It has been a difficult year to say the least. Yes the tears still come now and again and yes there are still good days and bad days. But the good days last longer and the bad are much shorter. As well as tears there is laughter again as we remember happy times. We're getting there and so will you. God Bless
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 08:14 AM   #36  
Southside White Sox Fan

Nancy, I can't imagine how hard it must be for you. I lost my fiance back in 1982 and I was in pain for a long, LONG time. I do not even want to know how hard it must be to lose your husband of so many years. I'm happy that your son is home with you for a visit. I hope it will help renew your spirit and give you strength as you form your new life.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:08 AM   #37  

Family, fishing, and no court probate...great!

As for the rest, Jojo and Vickie have said it well. I did not feel fully human for 3 years after my husband died. Just be as good to yourself and your loved ones as it is possible to be
Old 05-14-2011, 12:47 PM   #38  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

In a little while I'm going to Eli's restaurant to meet my friend Rita.Hope that my 3 lb at today's W-I won't disappear after eating out again. Tomorrow I will be with my BF Alice.We have a gorgeous day the sun is shining and the temps are in the high 50's.Good walking day.

I went to the movies with my friend Mary yesterday and saw Thor. The father & king played by Anthony Hopkins one of my favorite old time actors.I didn't like the ending ,but found out that there's going to a sequel,so I not upset anymore. My friend like Fast Five better.

Have to go, see you guy tomorrow
Old 05-14-2011, 11:03 PM   #39  

We survived! The GKs are at home with their parents and we are at our home, barely moving

The parents brought us some Jamaican rum cake, 400 calories worth. I might eat it all tonight
Old 05-15-2011, 10:37 AM   #40  
focused and aiming

Rum cake sounds good. Now get some rest, too.

I made a smaller blackberry cobbler yesterday. It somehow disappeared before dark. I counted my points but didn't worry about Curtis's. I'm making another larger one for him to take to men's meeting tomorrow.

I have nursery duty at church this morning then a baby shower afterwards. I'm packed with Diet Cokes and a couple of bananas for me since there will be so many desserts at the shower. I don't know if I'll eat the nanners, but I will definitely have the Diet Cokes.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!
Old 05-15-2011, 03:37 PM   #41  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Went down to the beach to get some walking done,but than the big black thick clouds started to roll in. Was suppose to see my friend down at the beach,but for some reason she was there.Now I'm going to read the local paper and see what the candidate for selectmen have to say as Election Day is on Tuesday.

In two weeks my building will be filled with the other 2 families and I'm going to have short meeting to review what we tend to plan for our house this year.

RHONDA-Glad you had a good time with GK,but now it time to relax and take it easy.Children take a lot out of your if you're not used to it.Rum Cake,don't think I ever tasted one before.

SANDRA-Have a great time at the baby shower. Hope you able to take some dessert even if it was just a bite.

Have a great Sunday afternoon what left of it.

Old 05-15-2011, 07:45 PM   #42  
focused and aiming

Maryann, I lucked out. They had fresh strawerries, blackberries, watermelon,cantaloup, and grapes as well as sugar sweets. (I got full and satisfied on the fruit.) I brought Curtis a piece of cake home.