Old 04-27-2011, 01:58 AM   #16  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Now girls, how did we get to this age without knowing how to hold a tea cup?

Royal Wedding guests have been sent a 22-page list of do's and don'ts – including how to hold their teacups.

The etiquette guide has commonsense tips such as not clashing with bride Kate Middleton’s outfit by wearing white or cream and keeping phones silent.

But there is also advice for the 1,900 guests on how to greet the Queen.

Meanwhile, separate instructions to caterers have given strict orders that staff must not look at Her Majesty or other royals while serving.

A Palace source said yesterday: "Etiquette is very important but for some it will be a minefield. That's why this guide will help.

"Guests are asked to arrive at least 20 minutes before the ceremony begins.

"As the Queen enters Westminster Abbey, everybody has to acknowledge her arrival with a curtsey or bow as she walks through. The same must happen as she leaves."

Royal etiquette expert Jean Broke-Smith added: "When you meet the Queen, she puts her hand out first and you address her as Your Majesty. In conversation you address her as Ma'am, to rhyme with jam or ham, not palm.
"
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:04 PM   #17  
focused and aiming

Ah, it's probably a good thing I didn't get an invitation. I would have stepped on several mines.

We're heading out to lunch. Have a Wickedly Wonderful Wednesday, everyone.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:30 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Sandra, you didn't get your invitiation!? How did that happen? She must not have your new address.

We just had a tap performance for two high school dance classes. It was fun, and we did pretty well. The kids were curious and respectful.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 05:53 PM   #19  

Well, I got my invite. Gonna stop and meet jojo while I'm there. We can find ems and have a party of our own.

Girls, we are getting the rain too. I feel like I'm in a rain forest. Delayed my Michigan trip until Friday, as they were expecting rain there too.

Vickie, it was salt. Don't sweat it, you will have a big loss next week. I rejoined WW with my daughter last night. Don't care for the meetings here in KY and they are at 6 pm. Not my favorite time to weigh in. They gave me a 5 lb sticker, lol. Never got my first one in Florida. We are going to do the 5K in June with WW. Everyone is welcome to join us.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:58 PM   #20  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, on your tap performance! Do these high schools have dance teams? Alvarado does and they enter competitions. I'll bet the HS kids enjoyed watching. I'm sure they appreciated all of you for coming to share with them.

I think you're right about my invitation being in Montana. Speaking of which--while watching thunderboomers all around, I've been wondering why ya'll and we came back to Texas. Now that the sun's out and we're having a gorgeous spring day I know why. Life is good.

Pam, tell us about the 5K. Is it something we can do and report in here on cyber space? Sorry about sending you these storms. I can imagine how much rain you're getting. When we drive through KY, we are amazed at the greenery--and the carbon dioxide seems strong, too, or is that my imagination?
Old 04-27-2011, 07:12 PM   #21  

Sandra, they gave us a brochure on it. It's broke into 6 wks, to get conditioned for it. You start out walking 10 minutes the 1st day. I think if I just get on my treadmill, I will be fine. My daughter has quite a bit to lose, and never exercises, so it may be harder on her than me, lol. So far I did 26 min. on treadmill and want to do a little more before I go to bed. If you are a member, go to WW site, I'm sure there is something on it about the 5K. It's called WALK-!T CHALLENGE. Yes, that is an exclamation point, instead of an *i*.

Are you going to Montana? I haven't been here lately so I must have missed something.

Rhonda, I see Dancing with the Stars in your future. I loved to tap when I was a kid, no formal lessons though. I used to ballet on my toes. i could walk on my toes too. Gosh the silly stuff we did as kids.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:38 PM   #22  

Pam, ouch, walk on your toes?!! I've seen kids do that too. I don't think I did that. I did do ballet on toe throughout my teen years. I blame it for the arthritis in my toe!

Sandra, I'll take wild springs and tornado warnings any day over 6 months of winter and ice.

I don't know whether the kids had dance competitions. I'll find out.

I'm looking at the pictures on TV of the tornado in Tuscaloosa. Very frightening, and damaging. 15 deaths, I heard.

Last edited by Tejas; 04-27-2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:14 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

this royal wedding rubbish is doing my nut in lol
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:07 AM   #24  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

If you really, really want a ticket for the abbey girls; Prince Andrew will sell you one (joke doing the rounds over here)

I was in London the day before yesterday. There are always foreign visitors in the city but there must have been treble the numbers. Loads of Americans, one couple from Texas had spent $30 thousand on the trip. Many people have starte camping out, we all enjoy a party and this one is costing £20 million.

How are you all fairing in the storms. They look dreadful on CNN news. Are you all OK?

Haven't done too badly, eatingwise, this week.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:21 AM   #25  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

I'm back!!! had lots of thing to do yesterday and wasn't able to post. Had a wonderful time at my DD's and now the vacation to Maine with my DD and Grand children is on again.

Gained 3-lbs while I was away.

I came home on Tuesday, to a broken Microwave and now I have to go out and get another.When using it the defrost didn't defrost and cooking @100% the GG veggies didn't heat up.There was a terrible smell coming from the back of the microwave. Its 12 years old so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Have to go will be back some time this afternoon.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:02 AM   #26  

Morning chickies.

Maryann, welcome back. I knew you would have a good time. 12 yrs is a long time for a microwave. They have much more efficient ones out these days. You will have the 3 lbs gone in no time.

ems, driving me crazy too. Our morning shows, that is all that is on, so I refuse to watch them. We all loved Diana so I guess they think we love anything to do with the Royal family now. Nope, not me.

jojo, that is crazy. What some people will do. Nothing surprises me. Not quite getting the joke, explains please.

Hopefully we leave for Michigan tomorrow. The sun is shining today after rain and storms yesterday.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:01 PM   #27  
focused and aiming

Pam, I lived in Montana 10 years after I retired till coming back to Texas in 2007.

Rhonda, you're right. I only spent 1 winter in Montana (Winter Texan the other 9), but that was enough.

JoJo and Ems, wonder what will be on the news after this week?

Maryann, those 3 lbs will melt away quickly. Just do what you know to do.

I'm subbing computer classes today. Curtis and I will have Subway for dinner. Tomorrow night we're dining out with friends at a Mexican restaurant that's new to us. (Free Margaritas with your meal!!!!!!)
Old 04-28-2011, 04:09 PM   #28  
focused and aiming

So? Where is everybody?
Old 04-28-2011, 04:26 PM   #29  

Height: 5' 10"

I'm here!!! Just wanted to check in. I've been doing well this week. The scale is moving where I want it to go. I'm back to tracking calories on " my fitness pal dot com ". I decided to not continue to pay for WW on line. Doing it for those few months got me back on track to the program and I was able to print off a bunch of the information sheets. So, I'm basically doing the new core but tracking calories.

I mixed up my workout this week -- I had been switching between the elliptical and tread mill. I'd do an hour on either. When I did the treadmill I do it on a very high incline. Well this week I did the treadmill and actually ran for the first 15 minutes. I have always HATED running. But I must stay it was a good 15 minutes and I felt great doing it. Plus it did work some new muscles in my legs. When I get back to the gym on Saturday I'm going to run again for a longer time. I was surprised at how it wasn't torture.

Maryann - welcome back! Hope you had a great holiday.

Ems and Jojo -- crash the wedding tomorrow and send us lots of scandalous pictures!!!

Rhonda and Sandra - I hope the storms are out of TX now. Scary stuff.

Nancy, how are you doing?

Well, got to get ready to head home from work. Have a good night.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:15 PM   #30  

Paula, for what it's worth, my trainer says not to get too worried about inclines, etc. Just work hard and sweat.