Old 03-01-2011, 06:44 PM   #16  
focused and aiming

Pam, that sounds like a good plan. I wish you the best of success.

Rhonda, this afternoon Curtis saw 2 roadrunners out by the barn. We're hoping those 2 will multiply. I was gone getting hair/nails done and missed them. I did see bluebirds coming and going around their houses while eating breakfast, though.

Paula, I am so glad you have dd. What a blessing!

Vickie, how's your day? Did you decide to go to WW? I'm not. I'm going to OA.

Ladies, I am back OP and am feeling great. Rosebushes are leafing; daffodils are blooming, I just ordered morning glory and birdhouse gourd seeds for planting. Life is good.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:58 PM   #17  

Height: 5'4"

Robin has come through another tough week and is on the mend. All his blood counts are improving and he seems to be past this infection. The doctor plans to discharge him tomorrow evening and then we have a day of transplant testing at Duke Hospital Thursday .
I don't know if I shared but they have a 2 Cord Blood matches for him
and we will find out Thursday more about the timing and if they think he is
ready for the transplant.
One choice we have to make is whether to participate in a study that allows the cord blood to grow out for 3 weeks before he gets it. The advantage is
that there would be more cells to transplant and better /faster engrafting where the transplanted blood is producing new cells . The disadvantage is that 3 weeks delay will probably mean another Chemo round while we wait.
Each round of Chemo seems to be taking a heavier toll on his body and each has had some serious complications afterwards. I feel like his body is getting weaker and weaker and he needs that strength to get through the transplant process.

Thanks for the support..I am sorry my posts are so one sided lately ....
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:10 AM   #18  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Thank you all so much. We lost 3 babies (low birth weight) one little boy and twin boys before our daughter clocked in with a weight of 10lbs 3ozs. Over the last few months the progress we made after losing the boys seems to have all gone and we have had to start all over. We are concentrating on looking forward to when the memories become comforting. I know it will happen. We are not often down, so will soon pop up again
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:02 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Jojo, I have friends who lost two babies also, shortly after birth. The first one's death was a total shock to everyone, doctors included. When the second one began to behave as the first one had, my friends rushed him to the hospital. In spite of the fact that it was a world-reknowed hospital, the staff didn't really believe my friends and wouldn't admit the infant. He died. This was over 30 years ago. No one "gets over" these losses, as anyone who is emotionally intact and has experienced loss knows. You just incorporate it into your life and keep breathing, finding ways to take some joy and do good works.

Nancy, what difficult decisions you have to make. And, it's so true that chemo saps the strength and depletes your reserves.

On a more mundane point, I think we have a bluebird nest, at least there's a nest in the birdhouse. I haven't see the birds.

Let's all send good thoughts to our fellow humans fighting for freedom in Libya.

I'm off to the gym, then to get a pedicure, attend an oil painting class, and get a massage. Great day ahead!

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 03-02-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:08 AM   #20  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Feeling myself again, probably caught some 24 hr thing. Had chicken soup and crackers for my meals and vegged on the couch for the rest of the day.

PAM-Hope your feeling better today also. I put the cough med & spoon on your night stand so if your need it during the night you have it by your bed side.Good Luck with your taxes I had to pay this year,and had so much paper work being 70 1/2. because I had 2 IRA's.

JOJO-Sending lots of cyberspace hugs your way,just think of all the wonderful times you had with her.I know its going to be hard with all those cards and flowers that they have with all these money making holidays. It was sad for me on Valentine's day as my DH passed 16 months ago.

have a nice day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:51 AM   #21  

Morning chicks.

jojo, all those "firsts" for you. It's only been a year since your daughter passed. I can say it will get earlier, and maybe it will, maybe it won't. I have no idea, as I've never had to experience the loss you have. My thoughts will be with you this Mother's Day.

Maryann, glad you are better. I was up again, all night coughing. I got up and took the robitussin but it didn't help much. I'm still coughing this morning. We have to pay on our taxes too.

We donated a 6 piece wall unit, and a few other things to a local charity and they picked them up this morning. So glad to be rid of them. They were left at this house when we bought it last year.

Rhonda, sounds lilke a fun day in store for you.

Nancy, best of luck to you in any decision you make.

Watched Biggest Loser and was glad to see Arthur go. My favorite saying...what goes around, comes around.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:31 AM   #22  
focused and aiming

Tuesday:

JoJo,

Rhonda, I'll bet you do have bluebirds. Isn't that neat!! Enjoy them. If it's a different bird, just enjoy it, too. We had sparrows in some of our houses last year after they ran the bluebirds off. BB came back later and have been here since.

We're going fishing in a few minutes. Curtis has the boat loaded and I've made a picnic. Should be fun. (My points are already documented.)

Maryann and Pam, I'm glad you're feeling better.

Nancy, I don't envy you and Robin having to make those difficult decisions. My prayers are with you both.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:23 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

jojo i am sorry to hear about th eloss of your daughter last year i hope you can get through this difficult time and were all here for you. xxxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:20 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies, sorry I've been MIA. What I thought was a cold last week turned out to be the flu. While still recovering, I spent the weekend with my daughter then the first three days of this week with students at our state Health Occupations Students of America convention. I got home this afternoon then went to my painting class. I still feel a little tired from the flu, but am definitely much better.

Jojo, each and every day I think of my dad. Each and every day, I feel sad about losing him. As everyone else has said, those who make insensitive comments obviously have not suffered the loss of someone close to them. You have suffered the one loss that is not supposed to happen, and no one can imagine how that feels unless they have suffered the same loss. I will be praying for you and Mark.

Nancy, I'll be praying for God to give you clarity as you make the decision about whether or not to wait for the stem cells. I'm glad Robin is closer to going home. Don't worry about your posts being "one sided". Your life circumstances need to be your focus. We are just glad to hear from you as you and Robin are on this journey. Keep us posted.

Hey to the rest of you chickies!!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:11 AM   #25  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Firstly than you for all your support and the great wave of love which has come our way. No, we will never get over this but, like so many blows we have had over the years we will put it in the loop and carry on. We ger great comfort from the thought thst she is safe now. She was so vulnerable with no speech that we often worried about her after we were gone. We know now that one day the three of us will be together again and we cling to that thought.

Nancy Chemo is a dreadful thing to got through, especially for the loved ones watching it all. I send you and Robin all my love.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:59 AM   #26  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

VERY VERY cold [17]outdoors,so I think I 'll stay in until I go to choir practice this afternoon. By than the temps will be a little bit higher. I have to get gas for my car,and than go to buy an album for the pictures my DD sent up from Christmas & New Year.

PAM-Thanks,Oh maybe you should go to the doctor is the cough meds are working for you.Hope you feeling better soon.Not a B/L fan anymore. Don't like how the program changed. I'm wondering way Bob is advertising Quaker oatmeal lately is he leaving the show, now that they have so many trainers.

NANCY- I'm sorry I didn't see & respond to your post the other day.Oh my goodness you and Robin have been carrying such heavy crosses lately. Sending special prayers out your way.

SLOANE-Sorry you had that dreadful flu,I never had a the flu or flu shot thinking that it was a live virus.I think the next time they give out the shot I will definitely get it.

Have to go,have a nice day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:34 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

I had a great day yesterday, and today promises more of the same. I'm just frustrated with the lack of weight loss, and am going to go down to 1200 calories on the days that I do not go to the gym. We'll see what happens. I do believe though that I'm learning more about my body, and I suppose that's good.

Vickie, what kind of painting class are you taking. I started an oil painting class yesterday and am excited about it.

Nancy, I'm thinking about you and Robin and your day today. If the schedule is the same, you're at the hospital. Good luck!

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:36 PM   #28  

Hello chicks.

I want to go to a painting class. I wish I had my paints here in Florida. Sadly, they are in KY. I am going to try to make room to bring them to Florida in the Fall. I am here more than KY. I love to paint. I do both acrylics and oils, but prefer oils.

What are both you chicks painting?

Maryann, that is really cold. I would have to stay inside. Be careful of any hidden patches of ice. I think both Bob and Jillian might be gone next season. I don't really care for the new trainers. Seems like all they do is box. Jillian is having a baby. I don't think she is pregnant, so maybe adoption. I saw Bob and can't believe he is selling instant oatmeal. I never eat the instant, taste like sawdust to me. Give me steel cuts anytime.

Time for lunch.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:15 PM   #29  
focused and aiming

Hi there, Chickies. I just came inside from working over 1.5 hours in the yard. I'm a tad sunburned and my back aches a little, but I'm in "hog heaven" (whatever that is). I love working outside. Surely I earned at least 2 AP's. I put up 1 hummingbird feeder. We have daffodils blooming. I heard the hummers start arriving when flowers start blooming. Life is good.

Rhonda, the weight is bound to start coming off. Your body's prob been busy building muscle. I'll bet you're smaller now than you normally were at your current weight.

Waving at everyone here and those yet to arrive. Hope you're having a wonderful day.

PS: I'm thoroughly enjoying the Biggest Loser Board here at 3FC.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:36 PM   #30  

Our Thursday at Duke had to be canceled . This morning about 7:30 (as we were leaving for Duke) Robin had a bad nosebleed that we could not stop. First the doctor had us go to Rex for a platelet transfusion. After that an ENT met us at the ER . We got home from that about 2 pm and by 3pm Robin was running a 102.6 fever. Back to the Dr office . We are home for the night and go back to Dr Rose in the morning. If the fever was a reaction to the platelets then it might be gone by tomorrow. If it is an infection Robin will be admitted into the hospital. I had prayed all week for the Duke appointment and also prayed about having peace if things did not go as we planned & hoped . My heart was calm in the middle of the chaos today !! Duke was amazing in reassuring us that they will see us when he is ready .

I do feel like his body is reaching that point that it can only take so much more.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote