hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Default weekly chat Feb 14th-20th

Here they are.

Happy Valentine's day everyone
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:10 AM   #2  

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

I think my second great grandchild will be born today. My granddaughter is in labor and I think it's the real thing this time. I'm so excited and wish I could be there with her. I was present during her first birth.

I'll check back later
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Happy Valentine's Day!

Off to the gym.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:52 AM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Happy Valentine's Day Chicks! I'm off to Jenny and lunch with my husband at Sweet Tomatoes.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

Happy valentines day everyone.

Congratulations pam on your new great grand child xxxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:21 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

HAPPY VALENTINES' DAY!!!

Good morning, Chickies. I'm already home from being crowned. I was happy my temporary crown stayed put till today. Life is good.

Pam, congratulations GG!! I know how you're feeling about not getting to be there. I was lucky that both our grands here in Texas were born while Curtis and I were snowbirding from Montana. I was worried we wouldn't get to be here, but we were.

Enjoy your day!
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:08 PM   #7  
beachbum

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY LADIES

Went down to the cemetery & put some Valentines on Leo's grave. Than I had a date with the financial adviser for my IRA's.Have to take some money out of the accounts and than pay tax on the mount taken out.

Temps are up in the 50's but the winds are up there too. So I decided not to walk but will ride my bike while watching tv.

Nothing else is new,Went to the movies yesterday to see Just Go With It and I thought it was a cute movie. After that my friend & I went for pizza,I was up on the scale as all the carbs in the pizza. Hopefully it will be gone in the next 2 days.

JOJO-Thanks for the new pages,on the other board I go to a woman from England also starts on new pages.

PAM-Oh!!! a Valentines Baby how wonderful. Hope it comes today and big congrats great grandma for the upcoming blessed event.

SANDRA-Happy everything went ok on your temporary crown.

Have a great day,see you guys tomorrow morning

Last edited by beach bum; 02-14-2011 at 03:08 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:16 PM   #8  

We went to Outback, and for the first time in YEARS, I ate part of a blooming onion. I checked the calories before I did, and I ate it anyway. But, not much of the sauce which is also ridiculously fattening. I had steak, shrimp and a scallop. Delicious.

I went to the gym today but was really tired because I didn't sleep well last night. I struggled through.

I hope you all had a good day.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:19 AM   #9  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Girls night out last night. Because we are all retired we don't have to stick to the weekends. We went for a meal, Indian.. very nice. Then back to one of our houses. We all married in excess of 30 years ago (36 this year for me) so we had a 'wedding photo' evening. What a laugh. We all looked so young and hopeful, not knowing what the years would throw at us. My wedding dress was a size 12 (US 10) Because we married in December, it was a winter one, a Victorian copy with a bustle. As I have said before on here, I now have a built in one. We've had wedding picture evenings before, but this one was hilarious. Our husbands were all in flares and looked dreadfully young!
This morning Mark and I are turning out the cloak room. It is getting so that we can't get in there and many of the coats need throwing out.

How are the knees Maryann? Mine are protesting a bit this morning
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:26 PM   #10  

Wedding pictures!? Cute. I got out our videos on the weekend so that we could look at them. It must be that Valentine's day thing?

We have been out to restaurants every day since Friday and I have gained four pounds. I choose my food carefully, don't eat it all, and gain! It must be the hidden salt. The weight will go but it just makes me angry.

I have a training appointment this afternoon and tap danced for an hour. The tapping is a challenge, not physically, but mentally. Well, I guess there are those knees!
Old 02-15-2011, 03:24 PM   #11  
beachbum

Good Afternoon Ladies

Woke up late and than I had a PT session.Looks like my Pt sessions are going to ending at the end of this week. The therapist feels like I don't need the services anymore,as my knee it responding to treatment. I don't mind as my knee/leg donesn't bother me anymore.He told me that it was just the beginning of the year and I might need them for another part of my body before the year ends. As Medicare only pays for 20 sessions and I used up 8.

That's good now when my friend Alice gets back from FLa we now can resume going to the Peanut butter Club on Fridays again.

Having problems with my bolt lock on my front door it doesn't lock properly and now that I living downstairs I don't want an intruder coming in while I sleeping. Have my handy man coming this after noon to see whether I need a new lock or just an adjustment.

RHONDA-I Love the Out Back Restaurant blooming onions & all.but the only time I can enjoy the meals is when I'm down In NY at my daughters. We have one out further that where I live ,but its not the same as it is in NY. Hope you enjoy and eat what you want as a post Valentines Day Meal. Sorry about your gain,its probably the sodium your talking about.Never really get to see what the chef is cooking the meals.

JOJO-Sometimes I think that weather has a lot do do with our aching bones & joints Hope yours are better today. My knee is getting stronger day by day, Thanks for asking. I only have one more PT session to go to before I'm released.

Have to go get my next laundry put in the dryer

Have a great day

Last edited by beach bum; 02-15-2011 at 03:27 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:33 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

hey everyone hope your all ok? Im not feeling to good today i have a sore throat coming and i have a headache constanly i actually fell asleep this afternoon and i never do that so must have needed it. xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:49 PM   #13  
focused and aiming

Hi there. I'm typing this while my English III folks do their written work. I
can get online while here in class but cannot post, so I'll e this to myself to
post after I get home.

Rhonda, I hear ya on eating out not helping weightloss. Lately, we haven't done
as much eating out; however, we're going out tonight. I didn't do any
yesterday but will get back on the bike tonight. Hope your knees are as
young as the rest of you is.

Maryann, I got my permanent crown yesterday.

Pam, how is your new ggd? What did they name her?

By the way--these are fantastic students!!

------------------------------------------

Now I'm home and am sitting here with my feet up. Curtis and I just had a burger and shared a small order of onion rings. Now I'm resting before hopping on the exercise bike.

Maryann, I'm glad you're finished with PT and can resume your normal activities.

Ems, sounds like you have the crud. Hope you're feeling better soon.

I don't sub tomorrow but have assignments for Thurs/Fri. The schools are keeping me busy. I am enjoying being with the students.

Have a good evening; I'll be biking while watching Biggest Loser. Life is good.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:58 PM   #14  

hello.

Sandra, thanks for asking. My granddaughter had a boy. I also have a great granddaughter that is 3, sister to the newest addition. He was born this morning at 2:42 a.m., so no Valentine baby. Both mother and baby are doing wonderful.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:09 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies! Hope you all had a sweet, sweet, sweet Valentine's day. We didn't do anything special, but Vance's birthday was Saturday, so we were out with family for that. Looks like everyone's doing fine.

Pam, congrats on the new great grand girl. How sweet! Did I miss her name?

Rhonda, I love to go out to eat, but I agree that it is really hard on the weight. Hope the pounds melt right off!

Sandra, sounds like subbing is going well. My classes are going well. I'm hoping we don't have any more snow days, so we can finally get into a routine.

Jojo, I absolutely love Indian food. When I was in London gazillion years ago, we went to an Indian restaurant. Our waiter was so nice. Instead of having us order, he brought a little bit of everything on the menu! It was awesome.

Ems, hope you feel better soon!

Maryann, I must have missed your description of the Peanut butter club. What in the world is that?

Vickie, Sweet Tomatoes sounds good! All this talk about eating out is making me hungry

Nancy, I'm praying for you and Robin!

Have a good night chickies!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote