Old 01-04-2010, 07:40 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 10"

Default Weekly Chat - January 4 to January 10

New pages!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:43 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. Just read through all of the posts from last week. Glad to see Sloan, nancy and Maryann back and Welcome Jeannie.

My new great niece is SOOO cute. Made a bunch of food for niece and her husband and brought it over yesterday. Got to sit and hold Sydney for a while, dd also spent time holding her.

Today I am back on track -- The holidays are over and I have no more excuses. I've been doing better over the past week, but not 100% on plan. I have to do something since the scales are moving the wrong way.

Hope you all have a great day!

Sloan and Rhonda - love the new pictures!

Happy New Year --- may 2010 be the best year.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for getting us started, Paula. 2010 is going to be great!

I'm off to aquaift. I put on two pounds over the holidays but have already taken 1/2 off. The rest is going to be gone in a few days, OR ELSE!

Have a great OP day everyone. Use the New Year's resolve to its best.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:21 PM   #4  
beachbum

Good Afternoon Ladies

My 2 week Christmas/New Year vacation is almost over.I'm already packed and bright and early my SIL is driving me to the city to pick up the bus for home. I should be arriving around 1:45 if I to the early bus or 3:45 of I get on the late morning one.I hope it the early one as I have to vote for whose taking the Kennedy seat in the senate.

Didn't go the church either as it was to cold ice every where that made the streets looking like skating rink.

Every quite around here the kids are back in school except for the older twin DD thinks is pink eye and to her to the doctors this morning.

I really have to do something drastic with my weight problem I'm eating nonstop ever since that fatal day in Nov. Huffing & puffing just to go up a flight of stair,or bending down for a few seconds.I think I'm going back to low carbing[NO BREAD PRODUCTS] with counting calories/& portions control as the # 1 priority

Have a great day and I'll be posting some time either Tues evening or Wednesday morning.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:40 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

Paula, thank you for the new pages. Congrats on getting back op.

Rhonda, 2 lbs is probably just water weight. You'll have them off in no time at all.

Maryann, have a safe trip home. It sounds like you're ready to get back on the wagon. I'm proud of you.

I met 3 gf's today for a long lunch. We met at a buffet and stayed almost 2 hours eating and visiting. We all made good choices eating mostly veggies. One reason we stayed so long was that we were waiting to go to the 2 o'clock movie for "Sherlock Holmes." Life is good.

Vickie, how was your day?
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:30 PM   #6  

Back to 144, so some of my weight must have been water weight.
I tried to go to our mall to get some walking in and it was crazy crowded.
I may try it in the morning to see if it is better. It is too cold to walk
outside this week. Our pets are staying inside all day right now and when
I make them go out to potty they look at me like "you gotta be kidding"
I even brought my bunny in (he loves his outside pen)

Alton Brown on Good Eats had a smoothie breakfast recipe on his show tonight that looked good. I am going to try doing a fruit smoothie in the mornings to get more fruit & calcium in.

Does anyone do breakfast smoothies?
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks, students report tomorrow My eating has been good today. Eggs, grits, and grapefruit this morning; grilled chicken salad with fruit and ff dressing for lunch; and diet coke sloppy joes, potatoes, and an orange for supper. I'm looking for a snack, but I don't know what that will be. I will meet my friend in the morning to walk, so now I need to add the water!

Nancy, I like to add 1-2 T of ff/sf pudding powder to my smoothies. It makes them thick and creamy like a real shake! Try it; you'll like it!

Sandra, your lunch and movie sounds fun. Was the movie good?

Rhonda, how was your first official day of retirement? Hope you slept late.

Maryann, it's good to hear from you. Stay safe in all that ice and snow.

Vickie, how's the weather up your way? I hope you are warm and cozy!

Paula, it sounds like you are really enjoying that little baby!

Stay warm, y'all and sleep tight!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:57 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

Nancy, on being back to 144. I add sf/ff pudding to my smoothies, too, and I always include a frozen banana.

Sloan, cute avatar!

The movie was really really good. Curtis and I are going to see "Avatar" tomorrow after going to Cracker Barrel for lunch. (It's a date.)
Old 01-05-2010, 09:48 AM   #9  

Good Morning:

Sloan, thanks for asking. The first retired Monday was just great, just as the first retired Tuesday is going to be. I went to aquafit, then got my assessment at the gym. I am going to sign up for their personal trainer program for a year. It will cost money, but no more than I've spent on LR furniture and reclaiming my body is worth it. I will work with a trainer twice a week. The assessor says that my weight loss rate will improve with the new program. She said "I guarantee it." I laughed and told her that I was going to come back to get her if she was wrong.

It's such an amazing feeling to be retired. Make it happen for yourself as quickly as you can! I hardly give a thought to the workplace, and that frees up my mind for more important thoughts!

So, I'm making my oatmeal breakfast and reading the paper!

Rhonda
Old 01-05-2010, 09:57 AM   #10  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I hope your resolve is strong and steady. I've been really busy this week. I lost .2 at JC this week. Not spectacular but it's the first time in my LIFE that I've ever lost weight from the week before Thanksgiving to now. I think I'm down a couple of pounds from then. So, I continue my work.

Today my Sister and I are going to Sweet Tomatoes for lunch and then to Whole Foods. We've never been and are looking forward to it a lot. I know it's expensive but it's a treat. Anyone have any favorite things that one can only buy there?

Talk to you all soon.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:52 AM   #11  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, you're the new poster child for retirement. I'm loving the way you're enjoying yourself. And the trainer? That's awesome! You're definitely beginning a new phase in your life.

Vickie, on losing over the holidays. I don't have any suggestions for you for shopping except to have fun.

Curtis and I have a date to go to Cracker Barrel and then to go see "Avatar." Life is good.

Have a great day, everyone, and remember to watch "Biggest Loser" tonight if you're so inclined. I'll be while watching it.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:41 PM   #12  

Congratulations Vickie. That's really good news. Keep it going!

I'm with Sandra on the shopping...have fun.

I'm waiting to hear from the utilities people to see if I can install a gas cooktop to replace the electric one I don't like. Also waiting to hear from a local catering place about classes they offer. I was too late to get on the ones that start next week, but they said they would have others.

I've been thinking of going to NM to attend a cooking weekend class at a chef's classroom, but have decided to stay local for a while (and use the $1000 it costs on my personal trainer adventure).

I hope you're all OP today.

Rhonda
Old 01-05-2010, 04:10 PM   #13  
focused and aiming

We're home. Curtis wasn't feeling well so we came home after lunch instead of going to the movie. Now we're just waiting on "Biggest Loser" to come on tonight. Other than that I'm picking up the grands for a bit this afternoon. Life is good.

Rhonda, do you remember Katpo? She took a culinary class somewhere around here. I have to tell you I'm loving reading about your newly retirement projects. You are a poster child for sure.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:11 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies! First day of school with the kiddos. The first few days of high school consist of schedule changes and chaos. It is so hard to plan anything because the rosters change from day to day. We are also supoosed to be getting snow tomorrow evening, so a snow day may be in our future
I have stayed OP today, and I did walk this morning. Why can't I make myself drink that water?

Vickie, I am not familiar with Sweet Tomatoes. What is it? Oh yea, big congrats on losing over the holiday season. I wish I could say that.

Sandra, is Curtis okay? I hope so. Enjoy Biggest Loser tonight. I must confess that I have never seen it. Maybe tonight is the night!

Rhonda, I am so impressed with your committment to exercise! Good for you Also, I'm so glad you are enjoying retirement. It's a long way off for me, so I'll just have to enjoy it vicariously through you. Keep me posted.

I'm chillin' on the couch (literally, I'm freezing) with DD watching "You've Got Mail" for the hundredth time. We are knitting while the chicken wild rice soup is simmering. BBL
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:38 PM   #15  

hmmm, I can almost smell that chicken soup.

Sloan, would you believe that the first days of university terms are also chaos? Just amazing. I don't miss it. I enjoyed getting emails from work-related listservs and writing back to them to take me off the lists!

I went to the gym to go to spinning this evening. But, they were full so I went to a class they call "bodyworks and abs." I may never move again. Honestly. I've never had a class like that. It was aerobics but most of the moves involved the use of dumbells. I was able to use the 5 pound weights most of the time, but I moved down to 2.5 at other times. I did so many squats with the dumbells on my shoulders that I might never be able to squat again. That teacher is a killer for certain.

I kept my calories really low today and, like Sloan, didn't drink enough. Vickie, we need you to yell at us again!

Sandra, I'm sorry Curtis is feeling so puny.

Night, everybody,
Rhonda