Old 01-02-2011, 02:01 AM   #61  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Morning all. Just popped in to say that we are going away for a few days. The snow has gone and the temperatures feel quite tropical after all that ice! Our friends have a little holiday on an estuary which is teeming with wildlife and water fowl, we shall be in seventh heaven. There is a also anice shopping centre a few miles inland from it, and the sales are on so what more does a girl want
We shall be back next Sunday, and boy will I need to lose weight by them
Don't forget now Nancy We will still be hanging in there for you and your family even though on holiday.
As you know, we hope to move house this year. Wouldn't it be great if we could all live in the same little community?
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:39 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Mornin' chickies, I'm getting fatter and fatter! My sister and I have set January 4th as "D" day. We will celebrate my mom's 78th birthday tomorrow then all the foolish eating will be done. We won't have any "special" celebrations until Valentine's day, so hopefully a few pounds will be gone by then.

Nancy, I'm glad we are encouraging to you. Being so far apart makes it seem like we are not really doing anything, so it's nice to know that we make a difference in your day. I will keep praying and expecting God to do awesome things in this situation.

Jojo, your holiday sounds so relaxing. I can just picture the setting! Have a great time, and don't worry about your eating. There will be time to get that under control when you get back. We have all said how nice it would be if we all lived near each other. I think we would make a great team!

Sandra, I just got my lottery ticket yesterday. Wish me luck!

Rhonda, I loved your posts about the pie crusts. I have to admit that this southern girl uses pre-made. Glad yours turned out.

Vickie, hugs to you and Jim. How are y'all doing?

Hey to the rest of you chickies
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:31 AM   #63  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! The scale is still up so I assume that this is real damage. Should be about 3 pounds up tomorrow. I enjoyed myself so I guess I can say it was worth it. I'm back on the wagon.

JoJo, have fun!

Sloan, it's good to set a time to get back on the wagon.

Rhonda, pie crusts! I'm available for testing.

Jim and I will be bums again today but tomorrow will be crazy with errands and such. I'm going to surf and read and watch movies. The only thing I won't be doing is eating badly.

Sandra, how is the new WW plan? I'm still interested and tempted.

Last edited by Vickie; 01-02-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:27 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

What a day already. My family normally eats breakfast together at a local cafe on Sunday morning and this morning we were joined by others and had about 9 of us at the table. I really enjoy these weekly gatherings, especially since I lived so far away from them for decades.

Then, I went to see my trainer who needed to see people today because he is attending a funeral tomorrow. I can now do 10 military pushups, followed by 10 more on an incline. I can do 20 walking lunges, with good form. I absolutely love feeling strong. This year the focus will be on more of that and less fat on this strong frame I'm developing. I've put on a few pounds with all the holiday goodies, too...but, it will come off of us all, I'm sure.

Have a great trip, Jojo.

Sloan, premade pie crusts? I'm joking, of course. WHY NOT use them, they're good and certainly less work.

Nancy, I'm glad to hear that our notes and thoughts are helping you. You know that we are all sending you all the good wishes and prayers that we have got!

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 01-02-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:34 PM   #65  
Southside White Sox Fan

Geez, Nancy....how could I have forgotten to speak to you and Robin? I am holding the best of thoughts for all of you that Robin is getting stronger and better every moment.

Speaking of strong...Rhonda, you are amazing!

I'm off to make FF thousand island dressing for Honey Lamb!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:34 PM   #66  
focused and aiming

Nancy, I am also really glad to be giving you moral support. We're all here for you and will be doing what we can for you and Robin.

Rhonda, I'll bet you're not only my favorite cousin, but you're also my strongest. You're an inspiration.

Vickie, I'm loving Points Plus. The last couple of days I've even had probems getting in all my points. That's not like me for sure.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:59 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Vickie, although I was only serious with points plus for a few days, I can honestly say that I am looking forward to starting on the fourth. The plan is so much less restrictive, in my opinion. I love the fact that fruit is free, because I get crazy when I run out of points and am still hungry. Try it, you'll like it!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:37 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Just another brag: I also did the following today. From a Sumo squat position, I jumped up to a slightly raised platform while holding the squat position, then jumped back to the floor, still in the squat position. I did this about 5 times.

Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:39 PM   #69  
focused and aiming

Wow! Sounds intense to me.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote