3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Weekly Chat: Dec. 6- Dec. 12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/218995-weekly-chat-dec-6-dec-12-a.html)

Tejas 12-06-2010 08:44 AM

Weekly Chat: Dec. 6- Dec. 12

New Pages!!!

:grouphug:

Tejas 12-06-2010 08:48 AM

Good Morning everyone:

Jojo, congratulations on the loss. I'm still stuck.

Maryann, I'm sorry that you are feeling sad. But, that's also just a sign of your love for your late husband and the life you had together.

My friend and I are having fun, and trying not to eat too much :lol: We took a long walk in the greenbelt around the city and that was really nice. Today we're going for massages, and a good meal in Ft. Worth. Nothing wrong with that!

Have a great day, everyone.

jojo23 12-06-2010 10:44 AM

Morning all. It is our 35th wedding anniversary today so all sensible eating is off! It's hard to think now with all the snow and ice here, that in 1975 it was a beautiful spring like day. I had a Victorian wedding dress, bustle and all (these days I have a built in one) and the weather was so warm I felt really uncomfortably hot in the dress.

Tejas 12-06-2010 05:26 PM

Happy Anniversary, Jojo. Ah, 1975. Great year. I finished my education and moved to Canada (without the bustle).

ontarget 12-06-2010 11:35 PM

Rhonda, thank you for the new pages. Sounds like you and your friend are having quite a time. Have fun! I heard calories don't count if you're having fun.

JoJo and Mark,:val2: Happy Anniversary!! I would love to see a photo of you in you wedding dress.

Today ends day 1 on P+ (WW Points Plus Program). I go for WI in the AM. And, yes, I'm going to peek. Other than that--this is Day 181 sugar-free.

Life is good.

jojo23 12-07-2010 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontarget (Post 3597936)
Rhonda, thank you for the new pages. Sounds like you and your friend are having quite a time. Have fun! I heard calories don't count if you're having fun.

JoJo and Mark,:val2: Happy Anniversary!! I would love to see a photo of you in you wedding dress.

Today ends day 1 on P+ (WW Points Plus Program). I go for WI in the AM. And, yes, I'm going to peek. Other than that--this is Day 181 sugar-free.

Life is good.

I'd just settle to be able to get in it again Sandra:(

Maryann When our daughter died, someone told us that grief is the price we pay for love. This Christmas is going to be difficult to get through but we are slapping on a smile and taking it one day at a time.

Tejas... you do know how to make a girl feel old:D I had qualified as a nurse and a midwife in the early 70's and had completed my uni degree. Mark had been around the world 3 times in the navy! No wonder we have aches and pains now is it!!!

Vickie 12-07-2010 09:12 AM

Good Morning Chicks! I've got another busy week. Sheesh....I thought I retired. Just must be the season. Jim had an eye exam and ordered new glasses yesterday. No health coverage on those for us so it's an out of pocket expense and federal employees do not have FSA coverage. Double harumph. Today is Internist for both of us and doggy training. Tomorrow Brodie goes for a bath and we are going to put up the tree when he isn't here.

My eating is ok but I threaten to derail at any moment. I'm stuck in that bad place. I need to exercise more and drink more water....but I don't. I haven't lost any weight in like 6 weeks. I'm hanging on for dear life and waiting for motivation. I've changed up my food but I guess without water and exercise, nothing is going to happen. Problem is that I don't seem to care very much. Best I can do right now is try to continue to maintain and get through the holidays.

I'm very much looking forward to hearing about the new WW program as I think it might be time for me to go back to WW. Sandra, can you explain how it works without the slider? How do you determine the "cost" of foods?

JoJo, huge congratulations on your anniversary. I posed pictures of me in my dress on Facebook. I had a train and bustle also back in 1991. I can't ever seem to post photos here and when I do, they are always too big.

Sandra, I'm so proud of you. We will win this battle eventually. Won't we?

Rhonda, I'm glad you're having fun.

Hey to Sloan, Nancy, and Mary Ann!

sloanie 12-07-2010 11:26 AM

Hey chickies! I'm "playing with" points plus until January. Trying to maintain until after the holidays.

Vickie, you have to purchase a ww "calculator" to figure points or buy the food companion and eating out books which have tons of info. I don't have a calculator, yet, but I do have the books. I like the program, so far. I really love having fruit with no points!! Try not to get too down about maintaining. I'll bet there are a lot of people who would love to maintain! Hang in there!

Jojo, happy anniversary! Your comment about the built in bustle made me smile. How did you and Mark celebrate? Hope it was awesome :)

Hey to the rest of you chickies! I'll try to post later.

beach bum 12-07-2010 11:39 AM

Hi Ladies:)

Had another late day,couldn't get up as it was bitter cold out there. I got my Christmas Card wrote on Sunday and mailed them yesterday. I bumped in to a friend of mine and went with her out to lunch.

In the afternoon I bought my train & bus tickets for my trip down to NY. I'm ready for the big move to my new bedroom ,but all the junk I had to get rid of was overwhelming. How it I accumulate all this junk,is beyond me.

Got some of my clothes in the down stair closet,the rest will have to fit in the chest of drawers. Moving guy called and every is ok for Wed after 11 AM.Hope that Leo's ghost won't haunt the place now that I moved everything around hehe!!!! Or its that only when you renovate.

Had a great time with Alice at BBC restaurant and now I'm going out with my other friend to have pizza at PaPa Gino's. With all this restaurant eating I'm going to be a house by the end of the year. Wanted to maintain over the Christmas New Year Season.

RHONDA. Thanks, I feeling back to my old chipper self again.Really looking forward to see my family again before I have my knee surgery.

JOJO-Happy Belated Anniversary wishes are going out your way.Thanks JOJO- I was just melodically on Sunday all is fine now.

SANDRA-Good luck with the new WW program, I'm sure you will do fine with it.

Have to get ready to me my friend for pizza have a great day

ontarget 12-07-2010 05:28 PM

Vickie, Sloan beat me to it. I did get the calculator. In fact, I got 2 of them. I keep one in the kitchen and one in my purse. So far it's been easy for me. (WW Honeymoon). Hang in there. You're right. We will eventually get to goal. We're just enjoying the journey and sightseeing. (or should I say, "Sight eating?)

JoJo, I meant a wedding photo from back when. Do you have one you could share?

Maryann, enjoy your pizza!

Rhonda, have fun with your gf.

We're leaving for the junior high band concert tonight. Grandparenting is wonderful!!

I lost 3.4 this week and am on Day 182 SF. Are ya'll shocked? I am.

sloanie 12-07-2010 06:13 PM

:woohoo: Sandra! 3.4 lbs is awesome! I'm inspired.

Just got home from school, and it is freezing out there! Vickie, are you frozen, yet. I saw where Chicago was in the teens. :shocksn:

Maryann, your day sounds fun!

Sandra, enjoy the concert. Are you and Curtis gonna pop with pride?

Just overflowed the coffee pot. Gotta go!

ontarget 12-07-2010 07:12 PM

POP POP POP!!!!!

Keep warm, Chickies!!

Tejas 12-07-2010 08:04 PM

Congratulations Sandra...that's a good loss.

Next week I am starting seeing the trainer 3X a week for an hour each session. :faint:

GF is gone, we had a lot of fun. Now back to reality.

ontarget 12-07-2010 09:00 PM

Rhonda, I'm glad you had time with your gf. I am still amazed with your workouts.

Vickie 12-08-2010 08:29 AM

Good Morning Chicks! Bath for Brodie today and then Mommy and Daddy put up the Christmas tree. Then the fun begins.