3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Weekly Chat Oct. 25-31 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/215705-weekly-chat-oct-25-31-a.html)

pam920 10-25-2010 08:35 AM

Weekly Chat Oct. 25-31

I hope you don't mind me starting the weekly chat.

I got up a little early today and still drinking my coffee. Suppose to get up to 90 today with a hot week ahead.

jojo, loved the guided tour. Sorry for the drugs, but they are everywhere these days. I don't see them, but I know they are out there. It's so sad. Can't wait for the next leg of our journey. I assume you are in the UK.

Maryann, sorry the knee started acting up again. Best of luck with our MRI. My last one was an open MRI. Can't handle the enclosed ones. Last closed one, they had to bring me out early, then I had to go back in. Oh my. I have claustrophobia.

Sandra, how wonderful to lose your belt, lol. I wish I could say the same, but I'm going to have to shop for bigger clothes if I don't get serious soon.

Rhonda, one good thing, you will get your walking in for the day. I am sick of the nasty commercials too.

Sloan, hope things settle down so you can join us.

Today is laundry and need to vacuum and dust. Hope everyone has a great week.

misscoffee 10-25-2010 08:59 AM

Hello everyone, I'm new to 3FC, but not new to Weight Watchers.
I've been doing Flex for a year [Oct 2008-2009] lost 60 lbs, but went off the wagon for a year and gained back 10 lbs.

My diet is mostly plant based, but a lot of my proteins/beans/grains did add up after while, so I thought the switch to core would be perfect!

I am still a little confused as I saw on previous forums that things such as balsamic vinegar was core. I was also wondering if something like reduced fat Tzatzitki(sp?) is Core, 3 tablespoons @ 50 calories and 1g fat and 1 g fiber. I usually only have 1-2 tablespoons with pita (which I know isn't Core).

Is there any breads that are core? Or do they tend to keep that off the list?

Another question is about the WW pasta, potatoes or rice once a day. If I have one of those, does that mean I cannot have cereal once a day either?

Also - is there a better list for dairy free items? I imagine plain almond/rice/hemp milk would be the equivalent to the 'soy milk, plain' in the SF food list?

Sorry for all the questions!

Vickie 10-25-2010 10:11 AM

Good Morning Chicks! Sorry to have abandoned all of you for so long. So much has been going on here and I just haven't felt like talking. Have you ever been in that place? It's a weird one to me as usually "talking" helps me. I'm hanging in there, no loss no gain. I've been very stressed about our health, but it seems that all is no worse than it was and nothing life threatening came out of the tests so far. We are quite grateful for that.

Our friend's Mom died and we are now frantically rushing around to make plans and find appropriate clothes that fit. I know you have all been there. Since I dieted again and quit work, I don't have a nice conservative outfit for wakes/funerals. I'll be shopping by myself today while Jim stays home to wait for the carpet cleaners to come and try to get out the 32 ounces of Dunkin Donuts iced coffee that I spilled on my carpet on Saturday. Sigh. I wish I could blame Brodie, but I can't. I was just careless and knocked it down myself. I hope it comes out or replacing the carpeting could make that the most expensive cup of coffee ever.

So off to Jenny and clothes shopping.

Be well my friends. I WILL get back here regularly and SOON.

beach bum 10-25-2010 10:50 AM

Good Morning Ladies:)

Got up late again so some of my chores a errand will have to be pushed off until some time during the week.

PAM-Thanks for the new pages,anyone can start them up but I for one is computer savvy and won't know how to get it started.Pam I don't know whats going on here with this knee. I have a brace on it so that the cap or the meniscus between the two bones won't move. Hope that the MRI will show and than the doctors will be able to fix it once and for all. I want to be able able to walk with my walking group again.

MISS COFFEE-Welcome :welcome2: to the thread, I wish I could help you but I not on any WW plan I just calories and portion controls. I used to be but the plans didn't work for me.

VICKIE-Welcome back,missed you.So sorry you have such a full plate on your hands right now,and sorry about your friend mom. People now a day don't really get dressed up for funeral & wakes anymore. I know I didn't when my Leo passed away. I just wore a black pair of pants with a black and white tiger print top.To my surprise my DD was wearing the same thing.Like the apple doesn't fall far from the trees.

I had my carpets cleaned in Feb and when my DGD spilled some soda on my carpet I just moped it up with paper towel and put Scot's Guard Carpet Cleaner with Oxy Spot and Stain cleaner combo.

Have to go and start my chores & errand before I go for my MRI,see you gals later

Vickie 10-25-2010 12:50 PM

Good luck, Mary Ann. I'll be thinking of you and praying that it is nothing serious.

ontarget 10-25-2010 05:56 PM

:welcome: Miss Coffee. I hope I'm able to answer your questions. Anyone who disagrees with what I'm typing, feel free to correct me.

If reduced fat Tzatzitki is close to being a balamic vinegar, I'd probably count it as CORE whether it actually is or not. As to bread--eat a high fiber bread and count the points as part of your weekly allowance points. Yes, you can have a CORE cereal once a day at a meal even if you've had rice, pasta, or potatoes on that same day. Whew! Did I do all right?

Vickie, ;) ;) ;) on getting your carpet cleaned good as new. Congratulations on needing to buy smaller clothes. That's an NSV even if you are buying them for a sad occasion.

Pam, thank you for the new pages. Even though my belt slipped, I'm still larger than you and would like to be at your weight. Just color me green. :lol:

I need to get off here now to get ready to go to OA. Ya'll have a good evening. I'm Day 139 sugar-free and decided NOT to make the sf cake afterall. Life is good.

jojo23 10-26-2010 03:32 AM

Hello Miss Coffee. Are you by any chance British??? I'm the lone Brit on this thread and have been made to feel very welcome.
Awww Maryann I'm so sorry to hear about the knee playing up.
We are planning to go to an antiques fair today ( we collect treen ie any wooden artifact) but it is a leprous day and as black as Egypt's night over towards the west, where we should be heading. On top of this, I started a cold yesterday so maybe we'll pass on the outing.
Someone noticed I'd lost weight yesterday. You can't pay for that sort of feeling can you?

Tejas 10-26-2010 12:12 PM

Vickie...Are you all right? I just read about the winds.

ontarget 10-26-2010 02:16 PM

Vickie, please check in here so we can count your fingers and toes.

JoJo, do you get tornadoes where you are? When we get those dark dark skies, it's a danger warning. :woohoo: on your compliment. I'll bet that made your day for sure. It would have mine.

Rhonda, have those storms that were here in East Texas been around Chicago?

"Biggest Loser" is on tonight. Life is good.

beach bum 10-26-2010 04:04 PM

Hi Ladies:

Had a busy morning had to go to my reg doctor for a yearly physical,and also a blood test for my 6 month cholesterol check. The doctor was funny :D today told me that I was too healthy and didn't need his assistance,and that meant that his salary will go down. He send me the results in a few days.

Had my MRI on my knee and now I have to wait for the follow up in November.Going to try to walk with my walking group tomorrow morning ,but of course I will be with the slow crowd of walkers. Don't want to over due it.

VICKIE-Thanks,The way the tech was acting I don't think its as serious as I thought it would be will see once I have my followup. I didn't have to ware my brace today so that's a good sign. I'm concerned for you also with those high winds that the radio is reporting the whole day Hope that your didn't get any damage.

JOJO-Thanks, I think its getting better with each day. Congrats on your weight loss. You did great.

SANDRA-Congrats:cheer2: on getting to your 139 day of S/F I like the idea and will work on my sodium free days instead.I just got my Dr Oz just 10 bracelet to wear and think of how i going to get my first 10-lbs off.The bracelet is to remind you that not to indulge in bad snacking or overeating.He says that just 10lbs will make a difference in your health.Going to watch the B/L also,and tape NCIS and Defenders that are on another channel.

Have a great evening

Vickie 10-26-2010 06:02 PM

Awwww....you Chicks are the best! We are hanging on for dear life here. I feel a bit like Dorothy with her little black dog. So far it's pretty darned windy but no damage. I'm glad we are in the suburbs as they say the waves on Lake Michigan are getting to 20 feet. That's pretty darned high for a lake!

The warning is on until Morning so we are staying put. Tomorrow I go out for shoes and sympathy cards.

Tejas 10-26-2010 06:33 PM

Yes, Sandra, it's the same storm system but Chicago was really hit badly. It's headed to Toronto for rush hour...probably there already. High winds and tornadoes.

ontarget 10-26-2010 07:12 PM

Vickie, I'm glad you're safe.

Rhonda, I hope the same for others in the path, especially your friends in Toronto.

Maryann, that's wonderful news from your doctor. Ain't it great!!

I napped and read all afternoon. Tomorrow I sub. Thursday we travel to the State Games. The excitement is building.

pam920 10-26-2010 08:37 PM

jojo, congrats on your weighloss. I think my friends are too kind to tell me they noticed I put all this weight back on. I see myself in the mirror and just gasp. How did this happen. Sandra, I'm a shortie, only 5'3", so anything over 150 and I look big. I used to weigh 126 till I hit peri-menopause. It's been downhill ever since.

Maryann, glad you survived the MRI. Hope you didn't overdo it with your walking group today. Great news on your check up.

Vicki, are you in Chicago? I'm originally from Michigan, so I remember those storms. The tornadoes always scared me.

My daughter called from KY and said we had downed power lines and high winds, no power. Glad I'm in FL.

Tejas 10-26-2010 10:15 PM

:wave:

Tired, lots of "get out the vote" walking today. I also worked at election headquarters in the morning matching signatures on absentee ballot requests and mailed-in ballots...just assuring that the person who requested the ballot is the same person who signed the back of the ballot envelope.

Interesting, but tiring...trying to eat right.