3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Weekly Chat: September 27- October 3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/213383-weekly-chat-september-27-october-3-a.html)

ontarget 10-01-2010 10:04 AM

Good morning. Today is Curtis' birthday so we're dedicating this Friday to what he wants to do. We'll be going out on the lake fishing in a bit then this evening we're going to a fish fry. Should be fun.

Nancy, how is your energy level when you're fasting? I was thinking you and Robin had already moved to your new home. Am I wrong?

JoJo, I love your Avatar an Signature. You have the "spirit." I am sore today from chasing grasshoppers. Curtis and I were lying in bed last night talking about the memories we hope we're building for our grands. I am glad you were reminded of fun times with your daughter. I am sorry it was painful. I hope recalling those memories helps you heal. :hug:

Maryann, you're wise to keep things fun and not too serious.

Rhonda, I didn't know that about the bats. I hope they haven't turned into vampires. Sorry about that remark. I'm just getting into the Halloween spirit with JoJo. Our older grand and I were baiting our own hooks by the end of the afternoon. That was her big accomplishment. Our younger grand was catching grasshoppers. That was her big accomplishment. Doing both was mine. I was running all over the place. Well, it was "running" for me, but not a fast pace for anyone else. I couldn't really keep up with the girls, but I tried.

Got to go. My fishing buddy awaits.

sloanie 10-01-2010 07:20 PM

Happy Birthday to Curtis!

Today is the first day of our fall break. We will be out of school all next week, also. I plan on doing some decorating and canning with my mom. We'll see how that goes.

We are having a beautiful fall day. My mom and I went to the farmer's market in Nashville today. All of the pumpkins, gourds, and veggies were so beautiful. I love to go in the fall!!

Sandra, your story about running after the girls made me smile.

Jojo, your story about the junkies sounds scary. Oh yes, what is Poo-sticks?

Rhonda and Nancy, I'm still planning to do another watermelon fast, but I will only do it for one day. Hopefully I'll be able to get some good watermelon next week.

Nancy, your picnic sounds nice. How did it go?

Maryann, did you get to spend some time with your grands for their birthday?

Hey to the rest of you chickies! TTFN

nancy237 10-01-2010 09:56 PM

I ended up staying here today and had a nice quiet day getting a few things done . Robin and I spend so much time together sometimes it is nice to have
my space.
Sat on the deck some with a gentle 70 degree day and worked on my application.

I felt slightly weak his am (from 600 calorie days )so I ate a normal calorie amount today . My energy Mon & Tues was fine but I could tell I was less energetic by Thursday..
Anyway I got a good jump start and may start doing one day at 600
calories every few days.
Funny thing is that tonight we went out and I could only eat one piece
of pizza after a salad.. I think my stomach shrunk.

A watermelon fast sounds good..Is that all you do..eat watermelon
all day or is there more to it??

Tejas 10-01-2010 11:06 PM

:wave:

:hb: to Curtis!

ontarget 10-01-2010 11:29 PM

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. I think he's had a good day. We didn't go fishing afterall. I think we both had enough here at the pond yesterday. Now we're watching television and just chillin'.

Nancy, I was wondering if you could keep up your strength eating so few calories. Please be careful. Don't hurt yourself.

Sloan, the market sounds like a lot of fun. I'm glad you got to go. Enjoy your fall break.

nancy237 10-02-2010 12:05 AM

Sandra..thanks ...I have never tried anything like this but I just thought if I could get a few pounds off fast it would motivate me and I was feeling so bloated...I was paying attention to how I felt and 4 days was definitely long enough for me ...

jojo23 10-02-2010 02:37 AM

Maryann We already pay a deposit on shopping carts. Each one has a little 'sliding slot' on it and you can't release it from the one in front until you put in a pound coin. One pound is roughly $1.50.
You are so right about Christmas. When I was a little girl it didn't start until December. I have lovely memories of my mum taking me to a huge department store and letting me loose in the children’s book section which seemed to go on for ever, it was so big. I was allowed to chose 3 books for Father Christmas to bring. On Christmas morning I had some lovely presents (not expensive, just fun things) to open, but it was the books I turned to first and my love of reading has stayed with me. Boxing afternoon I had to sit down and write my thank you letters. I used to write a rough one, mum would correct it, and then I copied it out on good paper. I still write them to this day.
Happy birthday Curtis.
Poo- sticks Sandra is a game played by Winnie the Poo in the books by A.A Milne. Each player takes a small twig and drops it into a stream or river running under a bridge (a small bridge over a country stream is the best) You then run to the other side of the bridge to see whose twig comes into view first. Innocent fun from a bygone age
Nancy How's the kick start weight loss going? Keeping everything crossed for you.
We are going fun shopping today. We need new lamps in the sitting room. Saturday is a **** day for parking but we're not in a hurry.
Have a good one everybody. Jo

beach bum 10-02-2010 09:51 AM

HI Ladies:)

Have a beautiful sunny and crystal clear cool day now that Nicole passed though. Going to take advantage and work a bit this morning.Had a bad w-i this morning went up 1 lb do to having a sub roll yesterday,should have my Low carb bread instead.

SANDRA-Belated birthday wishes to your DH Curtis,fish and eating what you catch does sounds like a fun time. Oh that once thing I going to remember is always not to get too serous. Dr Oz said the other night being alone can cause depression an I don't ever want to head that way.

SLOANE-No I'm sorry I didn't that live in a different state. I did get to call then just before the school bus came and I die sing my traditional Happy Birthday to them. In the evening when I called my DD said she had bunch of little girls all over as my young twin wanted a sleep over and she couldn't come to the phone. Today the older twin is have a birthday party with her friends so I told them that I will call when it quieter.

JOJO- I didn't know you had a system like that and they still bring the cart to your drive way. Isn't that amazing that in this time and age they would want their money [$1.50] back,and leave the carts all over your town.

Have to go, have a nice morning

pam920 10-02-2010 09:59 AM

Good morning. I'm still in KY. My husband went to visit his parents and was suppose to be home on Friday. His mom ended up in the hospital, again, so he is still there. She has been in and out of the hospital for the last year. Every 2 months, she gets sick, stays in hospital for 2+ weeks, comes home. Very weak, gets her strength back and ends up in hospital again. A viscous cycle. She needs her gallbladder removed, and I think they are finally going to do it. She also has alzheimers and parkinsons, along with emphyzema. Anyway, our trip is postponed.

Yes, we stay until spring. We have a place in central Florida, near Ocala.

Nancy, I don't think I could fast. Good luck.

Happy belated to Curtis.

jojo, sorry about your mom. I know my mother-in-law is not the same woman from years ago. She can be a little mean at times.

Maryann, you are a busy lady. I think if I kept more busy, I wouldn't eat so much.

The diet is not doing well. I had chinese yesterday and today am bloated from the salt. I am going to need to get some groceries since we are not leaving.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

ontarget 10-02-2010 02:39 PM

Good morning--errrrrr--afternoon, Chickies. Curtis and I went out for bfast today before running errands. We both overate and are having a pity-party right now. We're planning on a late/light lunch as we're going to a game night at friends' later. I'm taking sandwich makings with potato rolls. I had thought I'd be shooting all afternoon and wanted something to take that I didn't have to be in the kitchen much and this is what I thought would be good pick up food. We'll all be playing different card games. Fun!!!

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Curtis just switched the TV to "Michael" and John Travolta is dancing to "Chain Chain Chain." Life is so definitely good!!

JoJo, my parents used to take my brother and me to downtown Fort Worth, TX just before Christmas Eve to visit "Toyland" and to see Christmas animated decorations in storefront windows. At Toyland (I'm thinking this was at Leonards'. Rhonda, tell me if I'm wrong.) There was a train that circled the room high above the toys. I don't remember if we used to ride it or if it was just for looks.

Pam, I'm sorry DH's mother is in such poor health. I'm not doing well eatingwise the last couple of days either.

Maryann, we have also heard about how having a social connection is important. We believe it, too. Curtis blood pressure is better now that we are mingling with church friends.

Nancy, you are doing well. I couldn't eat that few calories for 4 days. Not any more. I used to, though.

sloanie 10-03-2010 12:55 AM

Evenin' chickies! I've had a pretty quiet day. BSF leaders' meeting at 7:15 am then home to "straighten up". My mom came over this afternoon to watch a football game with us, and we have been chillin' ever since. I am not eating well either! What's going on with us? Oh well, tomorrow's another day :)

Nancy, the watermelon fast is eating just watermelon for two days. The last time I did it, I felt pretty yukky near the end of the second day. I need to do just one day this time. Right now it's hard to find good watermelon, though. I'm going to the grocery tomorrow, so hopefully I'll have good luck.

Sandra, I like how Curtis' BP is better now that you are hanging out with friends. That's cool!

Jojo, I asked about Poo sticks. Thanks for the explanation. The mental picture I got of you two playing made me smile. What a happy memory!

Pam, sorry about your trip being delayed. Will there be someone to look in on your MIL while you are gone? I hope she is better soon.

Maryann, sorry about your weigh in. Hang in there!

Hey to the rest ofyou chickies! See ya tomorrow :D

jojo23 10-03-2010 02:28 AM

Mark is building an ark as we speak and when I've finished this, I'm going out looking for animals to put in it. I have never seen rain like it. The road drain outside our house is blocked and the road closed. It's still dark here, we've been up for a while but because our house is on a slight rise we are safe at the moment. We are still worried about the basement though. Hey! It can only get better can't it?

Sloanie,
the memories I have as a child are so very precious. My mum, because she was widowed when I was 3 weeks old and had to work fulltime, invested time in me rather than money. Her spare time was limited but she always managed to spend quality time with me.

There's no loss of weight for me this week. After everything I ate in Devon on holiday I'm just glad I didn't gain. You know, after people going to the trouble of milking those cows and turning it into clotted cream it seemed churlish to refuse the cream cakes and scones:D

Have a lovely Sunday everyone. We are having roast beef for lunch. Mark loves it. With beef, its a case of wipe it's butt take its horns off and put it on the plate for Mark. I'm not too fond of it myself. So I just have a little meat and a lot of veg. A neighbour's children picked us some blackberries yesterday. Wasn't that a nice thing to do? So we are having blackberry crumble with low fat icecream as a treat for dessert

Tejas 10-03-2010 04:37 PM

Blackberry crumble! I want some.....

Hi all, yesterday was frantically busy and this morning we were up early to go have pictures made with DH's daughter and her three children (5,3, and 5 months). Then, breakfast with my family, church for me, followed by a session with Todd who isn't working next week so he worked me in (OVER, actually) today.

We're going to go have fish somewhere for dinner, but now, a nap.

ontarget 10-03-2010 09:38 PM

Hi there, Chickies. We've had a good day. We went to church/Sunday school then out to lunch with friends. About 1.5 hours later I was back at church for :tree: play rehearsal. When I got home, Curtis was out back visiting with a friend. Now we're just chillin' in front of ballgames.

JoJo, our blackberries are ripe in the spring. Wish I had some blackberry crumble. I have now been "sugar-free" for 117 days. :encore: However, my weigh in is Wednesday and I'm thinking I've had too many other decadent foods to have a loss. :sorry: I'm going to have to do better the next 30 days. :kickbutt:

Rhonda, sounds like you've had a full day. I am always amazed at how much ya'll do. :lifter::workout:

Sloan, I don't think I could eat watermelon only even for one day. But then I don't seem to have much willpower. I wish you the best of success. Remember to spit out those seeds. :yikes: Would cantaloupe work as well? Just wondering. I don't think I could eat just cantaloupe either. I'm just curious.

Tomorrow is supposed to stay in the 50's. My gf is coming out after lunch for us to do some training. Then tomorrow evening I'm going to my OA meeting. Life is good.

Night night, friends.

nancy237 10-03-2010 09:45 PM

Sloan..
Let me know which day you are going to do the Watermelon fast and I'll do the same !!! Just talking about it has made me crave it!!