Old 09-22-2010, 10:09 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies. I am exhausted! I had a presentation at school today for our department, left school and picked up lunch for the presentation meeting, taught my classes, went to painting class, and now I'm home. I am posting two of my pics. The one of the branches is not finished, but I plan to have it done next week. Hope you like 'em!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg van gogh.jpg (24.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg birds.jpg (17.1 KB, 10 views)
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:03 PM   #17  
focused and aiming

Rhonda and Sloan, you girls are very very talented. I am impressed with your artwork.

My cellphone is working. My eating's been good. Tomorrow is Grandparents' Day at school. Life is good.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:02 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Great work, Sloan. I cannot paint at all, but might try again someday. Tonight's drawing class was a little easier on me and I didn't feel like a klutz!

I had 2 eggs for breakfast and 1/2 an avocado. That in itself was almost all of the fat calories I could have for the day, so I went over 30 grams. What a challenge. And, still not getting enough protein....even with the dreaded cottage cheese. This is quite the challenge.

My workout was great with Todd, after not seeing him for a week. I got up to leg pressing 480 pounds, 3 sets of 6 reps. Very difficult, but I did it. I can now also do incline chest presses with 30 pound bar bells, 3 sets of 12 reps. My pressing up is a bit shaky and I need some guidance on the final reps, but that is a lot of weight for an old chick!

Have a good night, all.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:57 AM   #19  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Another day that's going to be fine for walking ,but I have so many things to do today I don't think I will have time to walk along the beach.If not I will use my bike and do some spinning while watching a computer dvr.

Nothing new,This morning I'm going to my bible study,where in the bulletin there's going to be another walking group being set up for the fall. I not going to miss that as I love walking with a group than doing it alone.

Had a 2 rev roll with lite breaky sausages with peppers & onion for breakfast.

You gals are so talented,so proud of you, I'm lucky I can knit things like hats & scarfs.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:28 AM   #20  
focused and aiming

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RHONDA!! Your hard work and determination will payoff. I can't tell you how proud I am of you. Now enjoy your special day.

Maryann, a walk on the beach sounds like a lot of fun and good exercise to me.

We're waiting to go to "Grandparents' Day" to have lunch with our 2nd Grade DGD. Life is good.

For a few days we had 6 hummingbirds. This morning as well as the last few days, we've been seeing 2. I'm guessing the males have headed further south. We did thoroughly enjoy our few days with 6 and am now cherishing our days with 2. We know these 2 will soon leave--but some will return next spring. They amaze me with their routines.

My eating is fine. Yesterday I had 3 meals with no snacking. I hope to do as well today.

So where are all our Chickies? I hope you're all out there having a great, OP! day. I'll be back later.

Last edited by ontarget; 09-23-2010 at 11:29 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:00 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Hey chickies! I've been sooooo busy at school and at home. Right now I'm finishing my dinner then it's papers to grade, Bible study questions to do, then off to bed.

Rhonda, how are you celebrating? I hope you are doing something spectacular!!

Sandra, how was grandparents day? I hope you all had a great time

Maryann, how much longer will the weather be good enough to walk on the beach? I know you've really enjoyed it.

Hey to the rest of you chickies! GTG get busy. TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:04 AM   #22  

oooh, I ate too much. Details tomorrow!

Thanks for all the good wishes, I had a wonderful day.

Rhonda
Old 09-24-2010, 07:57 AM   #23  

We have had out of town relatives all week and I think I have gained 3 pounds
in one week. I am ready to have my teeth wired shut when they leave.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:08 AM   #24  

Good Morning:

This is what I did yesterday for my 65th

had a facial, manicure and pedicure
had a (small) hot fudge sundae
had a full body massage
took a nap
ate a wonderful meal at a fancy place with my DH
took a mile walk with the dog and went to sleep

Great day!

I also decided that my next step in the body reclamation is to consult with a professional nutritionist. I can get into clothes that I wore when I was 12 pounds lighter, so that is good. But, my next step is to get rid of more of the body fat. Eating as close to no more than 30 grams of fat a day has been helping, but I'm going to go get professional advice. That's my present to myself.

Last edited by Tejas; 09-24-2010 at 08:09 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:03 AM   #25  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Looks like a cloudy day,for our PB Club day. Hope it doesn't rain as I wasn't planing to bring all my gear with me. Had my hair cut yesterday,without blowing drying so this morning it looks so flat.Is the there a way to make it fluffy?????

SANDRA-I though my friend Alice and I were fast walkers but these guys are real walkers its hard to keep up to them.

SLOANIE-We have good weather for beach walking all the way up until November.That's the reason we joined the walking group for 6 weeks.

RHONDA-Sound like you did have a great birthday pampering yourself but your correct in doing so and having fun,that what retired life is all about. That fantastic that you can get into to clothes you wore 12 year ago,I been in size 14 that about of years and will never got down. But if you see the reason we are so fat Dr Oz speak about Obesogens in our foods & water that made is to into obesity.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/understanding-obesogens

Have a good day
Old 09-24-2010, 11:14 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 185/148/135

Hello folks. I just joined here today. I've been on Weight Watchers for the last 14 months doing the Momentum Plan. I have decided that I want to try the Simply Filling technique for awhile and see how I like it. I'll be looking for lots of Core/SF recipes and I know I'll have lots of questions along the way.
djarrellwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:36 PM   #27  

Dijarrel. What shall we call you? That's quite a "handle" you have there!

We are good group of women and we are very supportive of one another, as you'll be able to tell if you have been reading our posts. We value one another's journey, "simply filling" or not.

Maryann, thanks for the link. Our food and water are both full of totally unnecessary and unhealthy things. I think I can get into clothes I wore 12 pounds ago because my body is shifting with all of the workouts. I still need to lose more fat. Period.

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 09-24-2010 at 11:38 PM.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:02 AM   #28  

Hello chickies. Been awhile since I posted here. I teeter between South Beach and Core.

I have gained 25 lbs in the last year or so. Why do I do that to myself? Hoping to get back on track. I think my main problem was I quit exercising. I started back on my treadmill and have really watched what I'm eating. 2 days down and many more to follow.

Good to see many familiar names. Do any of you attend WW meetings? I'm in KY right now, but soon will be going to Florida for the Winter. I know the one meeting place I attended in Florida was overly crowded and I got nothing from the meetings. I may search a new location.

Good to be back.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:00 PM   #29  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Nothing new,except I'm going to the movies this afternoon to see Wall Street:Money Never Sleeps.W-I today and I Maintained this week. Only have a few more days until my Sept Challenge is over and than I will go right into the Oct Challenge.

DJARELLWEST= to the thread very friendly here. I'm not on WW but I do come here for support & motivation.Right on I just eating as healthy as possible with my CC/PC program,along watching my carbs & sodium.

RHONDA-Your welcome,Whenever I find something interest to bring to this thread,I'll do so. My body weight shifted also,it went up to my overs sized boobs,now I'm wearing X lg tops and Lg slacks.

PAM-Welcome Back to the thread,I think I remember you way back when.Sorry about your 25 lb gain,its scary when that happens. I was on the beach for a a number of years did well on Phase 1 but once i went on Phase 2 and trying the carbs again I would gain what I lost in Phase 1 so I left that way of eating.

Have a wonderful afternoon see you guys some time tomorrow.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:21 PM   #30  
focused and aiming

D!!!!! It's great having you here with us

Pam!!!!! I'm sorry you have joined the club with those of us who have yo'yo-ed back up the weight ladder. You're wise to get back on track. I regained more than 25 before I did.

Hi there, Chickies. Sorry about being MIA. I've been extra-busy the last 2 days. Grandparents' Day was special to a large number of grandparents and grandkids. Curtis and I both attended and we cherish every second. Our grand was beaming. We had lunch, had our photo taken together, then shopped at the book fair. Lots of memories built by all who were there. Kids who didn't have anyone "visiting" with them, got to eat lunch with their teacher and watch a movie. In the past it was very sad seeing some little ones sitting without their grandparents while others were. I think eating in a different location with their teacher helped. I hope so anyway.

Rhonda, your special day sounds wonderful. And your birthday treat to yourself? It's a great idea. I hope you can share some of your new knowledge with us. But if you can't, I understand.

Maryann, were you able to take your walk? Also, how was the movie? I like your new avatar. As to hair--mine goes flat, too, especially if I don't blow it dry and use a gel. I'm trying to let mine grow now and it's not in a good stage. Life goes on.

Nancy, just hop back onto that wagon. You'll get those 3 lbs off soon.

Sloan, I had a video editing class yesterday. Loved it!!!

Vickie, how is you weekend? I hope you and Jim are enjoying yourselves. I loved reading about your going to the ballgame the other day. You and Jim have a lot of fun together. I can tell he's your best friend. Makes me smile.

Got to go now. Ya'll have a great Saturday evening.