3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Simply filling? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/200143-simply-filling.html)

Gottadoit1 04-23-2010 01:21 PM

Simply filling?

Hi all,

I've been doing WW Flex Point for about 1 month now but I'm considering switching to the Simply Filling Program. It seems to have it's advantage, (consistently healthy eating, no counting points) but I does seem more challenging. My question is, if you have switched from Flex to Core, did you find it much harder and that it required more discipline and willpower?

TIA
Bonnie

Tejas 05-01-2010 09:33 PM

Woops, it looks like no one answered you.

From my view, yes. Core requires more will power. But, a lot of us try to eat Core foods and still count. Call it "Flore" if you will!

Rhonda

Gottadoit1 05-03-2010 04:01 PM

Hi Rhonda,

Flore :-) sounds like a nice compromise!

Thanks for your response.

Jen T 05-19-2010 04:09 PM

I have done the weight watchers flex program and was thinking of trying the core as well. It makes a lot of sense to just stick with the flex program but incorporate more core foods, I know for me anyway, not counting points, which I assume you don't do with the core program would probably be dangerous.

ontarget 05-22-2010 03:01 PM

When I'm doing Flex, I tend to eat too many "empty calories." When doing CORE, I'm eating healthier but need to be careful with portion control. So, I'm thinking FLORE would take care of both issues.

Now to confess: Right now I am experiencing burnout--not WW's fault. It's mine. So I am doing something entirely different for a bit.

Whatever you choose to do, I wish you both the best.

jennett 06-03-2010 10:56 AM

I tried core once. I found out that I could eat avocado, lean beef and drink all the skim milk I "needed to feel satisfied" and gained 6 pounds in one week. I guess if I knew when I felt satisfied, I wouldn't be fat.

For me, the discipline is what I need.

mobyclick 06-12-2010 03:03 PM

I was able to stay on Core and lose 50 lbs a while back. I got a bunch of recipes and meals that I had over and again, i.e. Surf and Turf (lean steak, jumbo shrimp and a baked potato with side salad). Sweets are not my down fall. If I was still hungry after having a meal I would zap some veggie soup that I kept in the fridge.

The down side is that I never learned how to get my portion sizes and over all volume of intake under control. As a matter of fact, the volume of food I need to feel full increased.

IndieSoul 07-14-2010 09:38 PM

Shoot, I posted my intro thread in the Flex forum, confusing it with Core :o Well, what I meant to say there was that I'm starting out on Core after having done Flex for awhile. I too eat many empty calories. I need to cut out the junk more than I need portion control. I think "Flore" is a great idea! I want to eat Core with whole foods.

Tejas 07-14-2010 10:13 PM

I, for one, have no doubt that Core foods, as close to "clean" as you can get, counting calories and controlling portions will get you where you want to be.