Weekly Chat: April 19-April 25

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • New Pages!
  • Hey, Vickie, are you awake!??

I'm going back to bed now. It was toast and hot milk time.
  • Good Morning Ladies

The sun is shinning and guess what I going down to the beach to get my walking done. Got on the scale this morning for my W-I and I stayed the same,as last week. I think that water is surrounding my tight muscle near my neck and once that inflammation is gone the weight will drop also.

Vickie-Thanks hope I made some nice new friends,but if I didn't I still have my choir friends.

RHONDA-Thanks for starting us up so early,as I get on the computer right after breakfast.WOW!!!! You really go up early,if I woke up I don't get out of bed or won't go on the computer that early as I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep again.Tomorrow starts my new week and than I will decide on the Core or this other plan that I used awhile back on my weight loss journey.

Have to get ready for my daily walk
  • Good Morning Chicks! I love my new baby but he is a LOT of work. Gotta go see Jenny.

Have fun Sandra! You too Rhonda ;-D.

Mary Ann, I was just trying to say that even if you have to let go of a few of the group friends, at least you still have a couple of new ones to have fun with.
  • I went back to sleep Maryann, no problem.

So, today I tried the step machine and did 10 minutes on it, in addition to aquafit and seeing Todd. I stepped the equivalent of 26 floors, so the machine said. I bet I'll feel it later. But, it was a cardio challenge, to say nothing of the thighs.

Rhonda
  • Hi there, Chickies. I've been busy all day but am taking a breather now. I made an almost Core taco soup and a pan of cornbread. Curtis has the car in town getting it ready for our trip to Austin later this week. Guess what. (I'm op.)

Vickie, how was it at JC? I hope you got good news.

Rhonda, thank you for the new pages. Sounds like you won't need to cook for awhile. That's good. I'm glad you got some rest yesterday. It was a good day for it what with all the rain.

Maryann, which plan did you choose?

My break is almost over. I'll catch ya'll later. Have a magnificent Monday.
  • Hey Chicks! I actually lost 2.4 this week which is outstanding for me. No official exercise. I'm calling this the JC Brodie plan. I wasn't able to move my tracker as much as I wanted because of small gains the last couple of weeks that I didn't want to record. Why does it mean so much to not show the small gains? It's almost like admitting defeat. So my tracker is now correct and I'm at my lowest weight and losing virgin pounds. Now THAT feels good.

Rhonda, I'm sorry you were up in the middle of the night. I am so tired from puppy training that I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.
  • Hey chicks, I had a productive first day back at school. Now I'm getting ready for my Monday night Bible study. I'll check in when I get home.
  • Congrats Vickie!!! Way to go!
  • Vickie!
  • Good Morning Ladies

Have another appointment with the PT,I an idea its going to soon before I don't have to go anymore. The shoulder & neck area aren't hurting like it used to do.

Vickie-Congrats on your 2.5 loss I'm rocking back & forth on the .5 of a pound. My bod doesn't know whether it wants to lose or not.Yes I do understand what you meant.Wish it was simple enough not to hurt their feeling when the break happens.

SANDRA-I starting off with the CAD[carbs allowed only at the reward meal] and than working into the CORE very slowly,as the core isn't a low carb plan.Wish me luck,have to get this poundage off.

SLOAN-I have a friend that goes to bible study,I asked her about it yesterday and might join them in Sept,as I assume that the study is going to close during the summer months.

Have to get ready for my physical training session
  • Mornin' chicks. I got in too late to post last night. I'm on the yoyo diet right now, but still pluggin' along. I'm trying to stay around 1200 cals. I'll let you know how that goes.

Vickie, I'm so happy for you. Losing those virgin pounds is a huge deal!!

Maryann, the Bible study I attend is BSF or Bible Study Fellowship. I'll bet that's what your friend is doing. If you are interested, I suggest you go to one of the next meetings where they allow new folks to sign up for next year. If you wait until September to join, you might get put on a waiting list. I highly recommend this program. It is the most in depth, fact based study I have ever done. It is scripture based. No doctrinal discussion allowed.

If any of you chicks are interested in an in depth Bible study based solely on scripture, check out BSF's web site for a meeting near you. They are held all over the world, so chances are there is one in your town.

I hope you all have a wonderful Spring day.
  • Good Morning Chicks! Thanks.....I guess I might have been more of a boredom eater than I realized. I'll take advantage of it while it's happening.

The scale was back up this morning so I guess I'm glad that I weighed in last week.

Today we are stuck here until noon. Brodie did fine while we were gone yesterday so we'll venture out a bit more.

Paula, what's new with you?

I'll be back later.
  • Vickie! Way to go!

They got the pathology back on my dad's mass...turns out it is benign! So if I were him, I'd be pretty mad I went through that huge, painful surgery just for that. Of course, I'm sure it was still doing no good there, and they would have needed to take out his gall bladder eventually, but still.

I think he may be coming home today, as soon as they can get his pain managed. Here's to hoping he'll have a speedy recovery. I know the nurses are very impressed with his progress so far.

In other news, I can feel a cold brewing, so I'm sticking to home and trying to rest today and get plenty of fluids. I hope little Miles doesn't get it.

Later!
    Angela
  • Oh Angela, that is just the best news ever! Take care of yourself and do NOT share with baby Miles.

Brodie has coccidia a parasite and needs to go on sulfa medicine. Jim went to pick it up. Sigh.