3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Need help with Simply Filling please!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/198210-need-help-simply-filling-please.html)

MissChocoholic 03-31-2010 09:15 PM

Need help with Simply Filling please!!

Hi everyone!!

I'm taking a 2-week trip to Japan and most of my stay will be out in the middle of nowhere and unfortunately, they don't have the extensive nutritional facts as we do here. I'm thinking of switching to "simply filling" for the purpose of this trip for now and was wondering if any of you can help me answer a few questions that I have about this program.

1. Can you share some of your safety/staple meals on-the-go, that's very easily accessible? Preferably something I can pick up at a restaurant/stores where they have prepared meals.

2. I know you have to do this for desserts, but do you also have to track separately for other items that are not part of the program into your 35, even if it's part of your main meal? For example, would a grilled chicken sandwich be considered a "simply filling" meal, or would you have to track for the bread separately as part of your 35?

This is going to be a challenge for me, since I've stuck with the Flex plan and I'm so used to tracking all my foods throughout the week - filling or not. But knowing that I can only really guess-timate (esp. desserts) during these 2 weeks is scaring me a bit. Thank you all so much in advance!!

sloanie 04-02-2010 09:35 AM

Please, please, please pardon us for not responding sooner! To answer your question about the chicken sandwich, I would count the bread toward the 35 wpa's and the chicken as simply filling. Do you have one of the ww books that lists the points for foods? If so, it also indicates which foods are simply filling/core. It has a very long list and is more complete than the booklet that they give you when you join. It's possible that you could use the book to figure out what you are eating, especially if you are eating traditional Japanese food. The good thing is that the food will probably be mostly simply filling/core anyway. Just remember that white rice is not on the list, and you have to count it.

I hope you have a great time on your trip and don't worry tooooo much about food!!!!

MissChocoholic 04-02-2010 01:27 PM

Thank you so much for all your feedback!! I have the Complete Food Companion that I can take with me. :) I'm really going to try not to worry about food but my main objective is to come back in better shape than I was when I left. So hopefully that'll keep me motivated to stay on-track! Thanks again for all your help and wish me luck~! :)

jennett 06-03-2010 10:53 AM

My recommendation would be to walk as much as possible and enjoy yourself while making the best choices you can. I can almost bet you that you will be so busy seeing everything and fitting in as much as you can that focusing on your activity instead of your food will bring you great results.

This worked for me in Disney and I came back 3 pounds lighter!

Have a great time.