Weekly Chat: March 26- April 2

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • New Pages

• Good Morning All:

There are some posts from late yesterday, if you want to catch up.

Yesterday, I watched my great niece take first place overall in her state-level gymnastics competition. This is the 3rd year in a row that she has been best overall.

Today I'm going to aquafit, buying bookcases and doing some other cardio. I've intensified my core work, using the exercises in the book I told you about a few weeks ago. Yes, I'm trying to go twice a day to the gym, or make sure that I do two workouts of some sort six days a week and walk at least a mile with the dog. She and I walked two miles yesterday.

We went out to dinner last night at the Black-eyed Pea and I did what WW says to do. I placed my order and asked for a take-out container at the same time. I brought 1/2 of my dinner home with me. I think that I will now just have a container with me at all times and quietly squirrel away my food at restaurants. The portion sizes are ridiculously large, as we all know.

BBL,
    Rhonda
  • Hi everyone. Well, after a couple of weeks of not following any plan,, I'm back on SDB/Core today. I pulled out my new SDB book and read throught it last night, I have a list of meals and snacks written out so I don't have to think much. I've been working out steadily but maintaining -- which isn't bad since I've been eating what ever I wanted. Which generally isn't bad, but ice cream, fries, big burgers do add up. So, Today I brought my 2 boiled eggs for Bf, I have tuna with lettuce wraps and broccolli soup for lunch and veggies and dip for snack. No more fried anything, no more chips, and no more crackers!! We had an egg hunt yesterday and my niece who we go to the beach in Maine came. She is back strict on WW and going to the gym. She's my motivation to get back on track.

And due to the egg hunt we have WAY TOO much candy already in the house. No more malted milk balls. (I do love those ). The girls had a ball - only 2 of them this year with 94 eggs hiddens. They only found 93. We could not find that last one. It will turn up, I hope.

Getting ready for Easter. I'm hosing DH's family. There will only be 8 of us -- my menu is grilled lamb, roasted potatos, roasted asparagus and mushrooms, maybe carrots as well, I found a recipe for an orzo/spinach salad I'm going to try. It will be fairly on plan. MIL is bringing pies though.

Hope everyone is well. I've been reading and keeping up with you all.

Got to run.
  • Paula...it's too good to let go that you are "hosing" your DH's family. I bet that you are actually "hosting" them. There are some members of my DH's family I'd like to "hose" but not Sandra!

I've done a lot of exercise today but my eating was pretty bonkers. I'll do better tomorrow. I'm good more days than I'm not!

Rhonda
  • I am about to confess to a very embarrassing thing: I ate 1/2 pound of home made fudge today Nothing else to say.........
  • Sloan..don't worry..
    Fudge eaten Palm Sunday week does not count because
    it sometimes has Palm Oil in it..
  • Hosing, Hosting. Same thing, isn't it????
  • You got me there, Paula!

Sloan, you bad, bad girl!! Please, please tell us how wonderful, sweet, smooth and creamy it was!
  • I'm very thankful Rhonda doesn't want to hose me. These Texas winds are too strong for me to be standing in them soaking wet.

Sloan, I love you, girl. Weighing in the 130's, you deserve a little extra something every now and then. And think of all the exercise you've been getting while painting.

I spent the day with 2 lifelong friends. We had a good time that even included a movie. "Bounty Hunter"

Paula, I think ya'll are lucky you just overlooked 1 egg.

Nancy and Vickie, how was your day?
  • I love you chicks!!

Rhonda, the fudge was wonderful, sweet, smooth, and creamy. In fact, it melted in my mouth and was heavenly. I didn't eat it all in one sitting, but I did eat it all today. The funny thing is that it didn't even bother me! I really thought it would give me a stomach ache, but it didn't.

Nancy, thanks for the info. I did not know that Palm Sunday week fudge did not count. I'll remember that for next year. If you have any more info about candy and special weeks, please let me know

Sandra, you are a sweetie! I'm afraid I would need to paint several more rooms to work off that fudge, but it was really, really good!

It's way past my bedtime, so I'd better go. I'll try to stay op and drink lots of water tomorrow. At least I'm still walking every morning, right?
  • Hi all! Well, it's 2:15 and I can't sleep. I made dh move some furniture for me yesterday, and I probably overdid it a bit, because now my hips, lower back, and legs are all achy. Grrr. Plus, he's sick and so is snoring even more than normal. I plan on trying to sleep in my recliner in a bit. Perhaps that will help with the pain.

My baby shower went very well last Saturday. A lot of my friends showed up and we had a great time with great food. I tried to spend a majority of my time chatting, and not eating, and was successful. (Hard because I'm pretty shy.) I now have just about everything I need for this little guy except for a car seat! I plan on going out to get one tomorrow after my doctor's appointment, and then not moving much for the rest of the day.

My parents did get me a very nice jogging stroller, so I have incentive to exercise after baby gets here. I'm actually excited for the chance to eat better and become more mobile (with the added side effect of being more thin hopefully occurring.)

Here's to hoping for good sleep!
    Angela
  • Angela, I hope you got your sleep. I feel your pain about DH's snoring. Mine, it seems, will do the sleep test, now that I've forged the way.

Sloan, you see that Chickies know a lot. I didn't know about special weeks and candy. And, you knew about Margaritas and having fun. We have a wealth of knowledge on this board. Of course, I don't think WW would validate our views, but "what the hey?" Or, is that "hay"?

I am so frustrated with the scale not moving, but I've got to admit I am really happy with the reshaping that is going on. I have a waist again, and that's nice.

In mid-January I could not do even one real sit up. Last night I did 20. Plus, I can now do what are called V ups. (Don't try this one Angela!) You lie on you back on the floor, legs stretched out and arms out above your head on the floor. Now, here's the hard part: don't fall asleep. No, really, here it is: bring your arms and legs up off the floor and meet them together. Hahahaha Really, I did 5 of them. And, I read recently that if you did it, it's not bragging to say so.

I begin today with Todd the Terrible (aka Torture Todd), then to the elliptical, then to aquafit. Then, errands and chores related to putting the kitchen back after the painter's work and getting ready for a big Easter meal here.

I hope each of you has a good day!

Rhonda
  • Yes Rhonda, no V-sits for me right now! I can barely sit up regularly. But I know what you're talking about - we used to do them when I was in gymnastics. They ARE hard. Congrats for doing 5! I'm so impressed by the amount of exercise you are doing.

I got some sleep, but not a lot. But I will take it easy today, I promise.

Angela
  • Good Morning Chicks! All my puppy decisions are almost made and I should have a bit of time to catch up with you all on Thursday. I'm off to a survey and then a million little errands.

Any one have any great recommendations on flexible retractable dog leashes?

Have a great day and stay on program! Why am I craving fudge all of a sudden?
  • I smell fudge!!!! I almost taste fudge!!!! Just kidding. I'm doing all right opwise, but probably am eating too large portions to lose much. I did go out with Aretha Franklin this AM and walked a mile. (4 trips around the perimeter of our property) This afternoon Elvis is going with me. Life is good.

Rhonda, V's? Amazing! I honestly believe you hit the ground running when you retired. Congratulations on getting your body toned and shaped. Your hard work is paying off.

Vickie, what are you researching? When do you get the little fella? I can't remember.

Sloan, did your fudge have nuts? Just wondering. I need to know how to direct my imagination.

Angela, does Melissa know you're about to have a baby?

On a sad note, we found a dead bluebird today. It was right inside the door of its birdhouse. I saw a wing sticking out for a long time so we decided to snoop. We don't know exactly what happened but suspicion an attack by a mockingbird. It's fun watching nature till things turn ugly. We don't know if any of the other bluebirds will come back or if they all flew away. Guess we'll find out before too long.

Meanwhile, sparrows are nesting in 2 of the other houses.