Core weekly chat: March 1- March 7

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to

• New Pages!
  • Hi Everyone:

I'm off to aquafit on a rainy Monday.

Both Sandra and Sloan posted last night on last week's thread. I think you'll want to read what they wrote.

Sloan, I hope you don't mind, but the first thing that came to my mind when I read your post was "let go." I spent breakfast and dinner yesterday talking to family about a life-long NON-compliant family member who "ought" to know better. We all talked about how to be sure you've done all you can do, then don't do any more. It's hard to find that line, I know, believe me, I KNOW. I can't help but think that is your task now. If you hurt yourself, you're no help to anyone. End of "lecture."

Sandra, congratulations, and I'm really glad you weren't hurt. DH is still hacking and wheezing. Whatever it is, I've never seen him so sick so long. But, no fever.

Bye all, BBL,
    Rhonda
  • Good Morning Chicks! I'm running late to get ready for JC. It doesn't look like the scale budged but I am undaunted. My nearly menopausal body is trying to pretend it still works and I feel bloated and miserable. Whatever!

I read all the message but can't respond to everyone right now.

Sloan, I was alarmed by your post. I know you know how high your pressure was last night. This is the time for the serenity prayer. You have to have the wisdom to know when you have done all you can and not let it make YOU sick. That's pretty much what Rhonda said and I agree. It's just so darned hard when it is one's parent who is not being responsible. Your family needs you to be responsible.

Sandra, how positively frightening! I'm so glad that you and Curtis and the people in the other car were ok. Cars can be replaced. Jim and I have been in your shoes. Our car was totaled. I'm hoping yours can be repaired.

Rhonda, Angela, Nancy, Mary Ann, Paula, I'll be back to chat with you all later!
  • Thanks Rhonda and Vickie! I have learned my lesson and will not ever let that happen again. I plan on doing some prayerful meditation using a Bible verse as a mantra to help reduce stress and will be monitoring my blood pressure. I was so shocked last night at my body's response!!!! I agree with both of you. There is a place that we have to get to that says: I have done all I can do! I just don't want to stand over his casket and say: why didn't I do more. I have to realize that after years hearing the same thing, my dad does not want to change, and that is not my fault. I will continue to meditate and will not discuss his irresponsible behavior with him or my mom. I will be there for them in any way I can, but I will not allow myself to get sick. I love you guys!!!
  • Good Morning Ladies

Went to BINGO last night with my friends and did we have a good time even thought was didn't win any money. Got home around 9 PM and was able to see the closing Olympics ceremony.Gee I'm going to miss switching the channel to 4 and watching it all evening long.

Didn't have a good W-I this morning I up from 173-175. I think a lot of it is stress and water retentions due to a stuff neck and shoulder area. I have an appointment with the doctor on Tuesday at 1:30 PM. Going to discuss once again my guidelines to what calorie range I should start with to lose weight.

The calorie counting board on this forum has a sticky that tells you what calories to start off with and than adjust weekly.Going over there and find my starting calorie count.

RHONDA-Thanks for starting us up this new week of a new month.Time is passing by so fast I can't keep up. Leo is going to be gone for 5 months tomorrow,but enough of that.We had snow last night and this morning I found human footprints[to large for an animal] in the snow going to the garage can.I so afraid I have a homeless person coming around,especially when I'm alone.Didn't call the police,and now it to late as the snow is melting.The temps are in the low 40's.

VICKIE-Its nice to see you posting again,we really missed you. Good luck at JC's W-I.

SLOAN-My prayer are still going out to you and your family. Please take care of yourself,don't need you get sick with such a high blood pressure.TG your friend told you to take your DH's pills to bring it back to normal.

Going to start my dinner,will be back later.
  • Jenny says I gained .4! What does she know anyway. Harumph! I'm reluctantly changing my ticker. I exercised 4 times this week after doing nothing for 8 weeks and ate properly. JC is mad that I'm not eating all their food and that's what they want to blame. I'm close to going back to WW except I do like some of their food better than lean cuisine and WW frozen. I'm feeling like I may get a rare TOM and that's what I'm going to blame.

I will exercise again next week and stay within my calorie range. I'll also try to switch up the foods. That's all I can do, right?

Gotta eat lunch and run errands. I'll be back later.
  • Hi everyone. After a weekend of cake and icecream and too many snacks, I'm back to program today. NO MORE SWEETS! I'm not even that big on sugary snacks, but something about home made cake and icing, topped with a scoop of ice cream. Oh well. DD had a wonderful birthday weekend. I think I'll make a pot of core chili tomorrow -- I'm finishing up frozen servings of Salsa chicken for lunch today. It was nice having a few in the freezer. I may make something else along with the chili just to stock up my freezer.

Sloan - HUGS to you. I'm sorry you are going through this and its affecting your health. You know your dad as well as you can -- and if you can't change him you need to let it go if you can. Have you tried praying to have God take the burden from you? I do find that when I'm overwhelmed and I basically turn over the things I can't control to God, He answers and I do find a sense of releif or some answers.

Sandra, I'm so glad no one was hurt in the accident. A car can be replace and repaired -- it may be an inconvience but your both OK and thats what matters. Glad you did well in the tournament!

Rose, I'm Paula and Sarah is my DD. Nice to meet you!! I think I remember when you were posting. I think I've been posting here for, I don't know, forever!

Vickie, .4, I wouldn't change my ticker. Jenny was probably just in a bad mood.

I have been doing some research on general anesthesia - as I will need to be under that for my day surgery. I was having some awful thoughts about it last night. I feel better about things after reading about how general anesthesia is very safe and problems that occur are usually related to underlying health issues. Its just un-nerving reading the release form that lays out the worse possible scenarios. I've been praying on this as well-- I've been praying that God help me make the right decision about this. I do feel more comfortable about things. I'll try not to really think about it much until next week.

Well, got to get back to work. Have a good day.
  • Good afternoon ladies! Sloan, I agree with everyone else. It is his life to mess up as he sees fit, and ultimately, you know you can do nothing to change him if he doesn't want to change. Take care of yourself and stick with your plan.

Vickie, .4 is nothing! I'm glad you're exercising again...keep it up even if you don't lose. It's good for you in other ways too, as you know.

Sandra, thank goodness you and Curtis are OK! How scary!

I had my 33 week appointment this morning. I gained another 4 pounds in the last month, which my doctor says is just fine. I am guessing my hog-wild food spree of last week will catch up with me soon though. I am back to a no-sugar plan, which is really the best for me right now.

I am planning on going back to Core after baby is born, and easing back into walking as well. I am tired of being so large that it hampers my mobility.

Hope you all are having a good, relaxing day!
    Angela
  • Rhonda, has Doyle been tested for allergy problems? I have never seen allergy problems as bad as they are here in Texas. We are going to Defensive Driving this Saturday. We'll get together even if it's this summer. I just hope it's not that long. I doubt I'll recognize you in your new body. But that's a good thing.

Sloan, listen to what Rhonda says. She's right on with what she's saying. You have to take care of yourself. And don't feel guilty about anything. It's out of your hands.

Paula, I hear ya on cake and ice cream. Right now I could use some comfort food and that fits the description perfectly.

Maryann, sounds like your weight is just fluctuating. Try not to worry about it.

Vickie, I like your attitude. I think you were on a defective scales.

Angela, I understand what you're saying. I'm getting tired of being large, too. I'm not "there" yet but I know myself and know I'll be ready to get back on program soon. Right now, I'm still physically and emotionally whipped from this weekend.

Curtis and I are always exhausted after big championships. I think a lot of it has to do with the intensity of focus we have for hours during the competition not to mention the physical part of it. I'm in my jammies. He's gone for a reflexology treatment. Eating isn't bad but it's not on program.

Ya'll have a good day. I'll catch you later.
  • Hey chicks, today was quiet at school. My bp was good this morning, and I'm so glad. I'll keep checking, though.

Sandra, I'm so glad you and curtis are okay. Are you sore? As always I'm proud of your results at the tournament. You go girl

Angela, I'm glad doc is happy with your weight. It will more healthy for you and baby to stay within the proper weight range.

Maryann, good luck with the calorie counting. My dd is doing that and core. She's doing well. Hope you do too.

Paula, I read some scriptures today that said we cannot forgive on our own. I have prayed for God to help me with that and to help me let go of the things I can't change.

Today is DD's birthday, and we are having dinner with my sister and her daughter before our Bible study to celebrate her big 23rd birthday. Birthday cake and ice cream really sounds good. I'll check in later. TTFN
  • Hi all: Sandra I was sorry to read about your accident but glad to hear no one was hurt. Things can happen so fast can't they. Take it easy for a few days. It can shake you up having an accident as you probably know. I hope you do not have any aches or pains.

Soanie, glad to hear your bp is back down. I have never heard of a pressure going that high and then back down so fast. You are a lucky lady that it did.
    Just do what you think in your heart is the right thing to do and you will never have any regrets. Prayer does help asking God for direction.

Sandra is right Rhonda, I have heard that Texas is bad for allergies. Has your hubby been tested?
    I am amazed at all the exercise you do. I wish I could get motivated to exercise. I used to walk 3 miles every day with my little Irish friend.
    Yes, the Hockey games were real exciting, everyone was glued to their TV sets.

Paula, I know what you mean about the cake etc. Gosh, I wish I did not have sugar cravings. Sandra is right about it being comfort food. Carrot sticks just does not work.

Angela, that is good your are able to control your weight and the Dr. is happy with it. They seem to allow a heavier weight now then they did when I had my son. I was not able to gain over 25 lbs. and now I notice they allow a lot more.

Paula, now I think I do remember your name. How old is Sarah now. (I love the name Sarah)
    Paula we will pray for you having peace about your Day Surgery. Sometimes it is better not to read to much on the net.

Vicki, you have done so well on your dieting. Are you doing Jenny?

Mary Ann how did your day go today. Hope you got out and enjoyed yourself. I am missing the Olympics myself. I loved the skating but was very nervous they would fall. The poor soul who had lost her Mother, I could hardly keep from crying when she skated.

Sandra I made that recipe that I had given you for the squares and they all wanted the recipe. I made them guess what was in them but they could not.
    They sure are not diet though.

Well good people I think I will go on my African Safari tonight (on computer) I just love watching all the animals live, in the Bush, and how they interact to the land rover with the people in them.
  • Rose, I know everyone enjoyed the goodies. I haven't made them yet. I probably shouldn't.

Well, ya'll. I'm not the positive, tough person you are used to having around. I have been on the verge of tears all day. Curtis just told me I probably need to just have a good cry. That usually takes pressure off my heart when I do. I guess it's a "mind thing". Anyway, a few tears are falling. I'll be my tough old self again tomorrow. Night night.
  • My goodness..I stay away from the board one day and all *%$#@ breaks loose...

Sloan... I am so sorry about what you went through at the hospital and
    with your headache/blood pressure. I was hoping this whole ordeal with your dad would go smooth and it has been anything but smooth so far. The emotions flying at the hospital is understandable and I know your dad understands.
    Everyone is tired and scared and that is hard on the nerves.
    I am glad you checked your blood pressure ...should you go in for a checkup??

Sandra.. That is really scarey about your accident. I am glad no one was hurt and that is a good way to look at it about learning without anyone being hurt.
    My son had a fender bender in a parking lot and I told him the main thing was to learn from it how fast things can happen and to consider if he had hit a child instead of another car. I don't think teens realize how you have to watch so close for kids in parking lots.

Angela.. sounds like a good doctor report. Just concentrate on feeding that
    baby good healthy food right now. Once that baby is here I bet the pounds
    fall off. If you breastfeed that burns a lot of extra calories also.

We are having a quiet week because my son is on a school ski trip.
    Robin's back is gradually getting better. He is doing PT in a pool which has helped. Today we did our every 2 week meal out at a local BBQ dive.
    Amazing food. He lost 2 pounds this week and I lost 1.
  • Nancy, wow you are doing well. Sure wish I was down to 142.
    I take it Robin is your hubby, it is good it is feeling better. It always takes my hubby a week if he puts his back out. I am sure you are right, the pool would help.

Have a good cry Sandra and all will be well in the morning. I think it is the nerves after being in the accident.

Blue skies, (and they were today)
    RoseB
  • I'm back. I dropped a few tears and am feeling a little better. Curtis and I have been snapping at each other. I guess that's still pressure from everything. We snap then we kiss and make up.

Nancy, I'm glad Robin's in PT. I'm sure he'll feel better. Curtis used to go to PT and it was amazing how it made him feel. Well, he was sore sometimes, but overall he felt better.

Rose, what a joy it is having you posting here. We need your "blue skies."