Height: 5'4"

Post Core weekly chat: March 8- March 14

New Pages
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Good morning all:

So, we have a new week to get it right. There are posts from late yesterday on last week's pages. You might want to read them. Sloan, Nancy and Sandra wrote in. (I apologize if I forgot someone!)

How did I gain 2 pounds in one day? I'm hoping that it must be that we went out to dinner last night and my food was salty. I had a vegetarian meat loaf which was very tasty, but it must have been enhanced with something!

DH's cough is horrible, even with antibiotics and an inhaler. He's going back to medical people today.

Rhonda
Old 03-08-2010, 11:19 AM   #3  

Good morning to you all.

Rhonda, I am like the other gals I have never had a massage and I don't think I would be comfortable.
It could just be water weight you gained, I think it would be hard to gain 2 lbs that fast.

Nancy, sounds like you had a good time at your son's birthday. Our children grow up so fast don't they.

Mary Ann, I guess I should eat smaller meals also. It really does come down to how many calories we consume.

Sandra, how is it going with you?

After Church yesterday we ran over to watch our daughters Hockey game.
Our granddaughters team won the Silver on her hockey team. One more and they would have won the Gold. Hockey is so big here in Canada.

Tonight we are invited out for supper with others and to play, "Chicken Legs " again. It is good as you can talk while playing, not like Bridge when everyone is so serious.

It will not be long before we start going up to our cottage, the time is flying by. It is good we have our son living in the downstairs apartment for the summer, as he can look after the house. Our neighbour used to look after it for us.
Our son's ex lives near by so he has the children quite often. They all get along well now so it is good.

Well take care all and hello to all that come on today.
RoseB
RoseB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:34 PM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Jenny says I lost 1.2 this week but my scale said I should have stayed the same from last week. Jim wants to buy a new scale for home. Maybe we will.

I'm off to a hair appointment so I'll catch up with you all later.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #5  

Way to go Vickie!

I applaud all of you doing home remodeling. Dealing with all that mess and disorganization is no fun. After we built our house, we moved in with a temporary occupancy sticker. We had no trim, doors, or countertops. But the city gives you 60 days I think to finish those things to get your permanent occupancy, so it was a good incentive for us to get finished.

I am going to try to get some sewing done today. Of course I've been trying to do that for the last 2 weeks, but stuff keeps coming up. Grrr. Oh well, at least I'm keeping busy, eh?

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:51 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

Congratulations, Vickie. I like JC's scales better than yours. I'd listen to them. Are you thinking of reflexology?

Rhonda, I hope Doyle's feeling better. You're probably right about the salt in the meatloaf. It'll come off soon. I'm chugging water today. I hadn't done that in a long time.

Rose, it's good that your son's living at your home and can house sit for you this summer. Have fun playing Chicken Legs.

Curtis and I went to the allergist today for my appointment to see if the food drops are working. Now this is typical for me--I have to take stronger drops.

Angela, how was your day? Did you get to sew?
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:27 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 10"

Congrats vickie!!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:06 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

I just popped over to last week's thread to get caught up.

Nancy, you're a hoot! I'm glad you had the hot tub to use to warm up after your dip in the lake. I turned Curtis and me over in a high mountain lake up in Montana. We were in a canoe. Was it cold or what!

Sloan, I'm glad your dad's kidneys responded well. I am amazed that you can be on program with all you have going on in your life. Good stress and bad stress all at the same time. Take care of yourself.

Today I stayed op, chugged several glasses of water, and for 30 minutes. I feel good about this.

Last edited by ontarget; 03-08-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:10 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

I am like several of you and used to be timid about getting a massage. It's hard to explain but somehow I've changed. I thoroughly enjoy a good massage now.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks, I managed to get in more liquid today! I had about 4 cups of green tea in addition to the other liquids that I drank. I'm trying to drink more green tea since it's supposed to have so many benefits. DH and DS got started with the painting today and got two coats on the ceiling and one coat on the walls of the new dining room. The color is awesome! The best part is that I did not have to do any painting

I have a sweet story to tell. Last year my friend at school was losing her dad to leukemia so I knitted her a prayer shawl. If you have not heard of that, it is a wrap that is knitted and prayed over and is given to someone who is going through a tough time. My friend really loved it and even told me she was wearing it as she sat with her dad while he passed. Today, I received a gift bag with a card. I opened the card, and it was from my friend expressing her support and prayers for my dad. As you may have already guessed, the prayer shawl was in the gift bag. I can't tell you how much that meant to me!!! I can't think of anything anyone could have done for me that would have been more touching!!

Vickie, way to go!! Jenny is bound to be right. Great job!!

Rhonda, how's Doyle? I hope you are feeling okay

Angela, are you still making diaper covers? I hope you got to sew.

Sandra, I'm only half way op. I am walking every morning with my friend, though.

It's way past my bedtime, so I gotta go. Hey to the rest of you chickies! Sleep well.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:30 AM   #11  

Great story Sloan! What a lot of love is being passed around.

I'm in a rush to get to the gym. You know, I had never had a real massage until I moved to Toronto. There it seems that massage is more easily incorporated into an approach to good health. I went first to a massage training school. Then, I branched out to registered therapists, practicing on their own. I've never had a male massage therapist and probably wouldn't be comfortable with that. But, I've never really minded a female. I've always been treated professionally and with respect.

I quit going to male MDs as soon as I had a choice. But, I'm not opposed to male physicians, just more comfortable with a female who knows from her own experience what hormones can do to you!

Now, I'm off to see Todd, who is every bit a 21 year old male

Rhonda
Old 03-09-2010, 01:25 PM   #12  

Yoo hoo, where is everyone else?

I lost one of those two pounds that snuck back on. I'm having two low calorie days in a row and drinking lots of water. Since I lose about 1/2 pound a week, getting two back on is NOT acceptable. But, I'm optimistic that they are gone.

I read a mini-goal post from a man who lost 50 pounds in 90 days. Really, I hate men.

Speaking of men, DH is out like a light, after having said that the codeine cough medicine wasn't helping him. Yeah, right. He really needs rest, so I'm glad they have knocked him out for a while.

I broke a cusp off of a molar so I meet a new dentist tomorrow. I'm telling you, having to change my physician, dentist and hair dresser after 20 years is a shock!

Tomorrow, the Toronto friend whom I stayed with for a few months before I moved is coming here for a week. I'm excited to see her and to show her my new home and town. (Sandra, if she wants to see the surrounding area, we might drive down.)

Have a great day everybody.

Rhonda
Old 03-09-2010, 01:43 PM   #13  
beachbum

HI Ladies

We're having another temp of 50's today but this time I'm going down to the beach to get my walking in. Its not as hilly as where I live.Its going to be another beach walking day,I got 30 mins of walking yesterday morning and other 30 mins with my friend in the afternoon.

Got on the scale for my W-I and I lost 2.5 lbs. My friends were right eat less and don't eat in-between meals.

Sunday night at bingo I won $35 dollars Was I surprised and my other friend had a bingo but didn't realized it until it was too late. Bingo is wearing off on us,and we're thinking of something else to do over the weekend.I think its what we're spending to much money on the game when its only a small fraction that you can win.

RHONDA-Thanks for starting us up yesterday.Sorry about your DH cough,hope he get some results.Have a great time at your gym. I don't mind having a male doctor,several of my friends have a woman and they are not pleased with her at all.All she does is talk & socializes with her patients.I'm lucky mine male doctor checks what wrong with you,tells you and than orders a med if you need them.

ROSE-I been eating light over the weekend and walla I lost 2.5 and not feeling hungry. My friends are correct along with me watching my carbs is helping also.

VICKIE-Congrats on your 1.5 loss If you going to buy a scale I recommend the Health O Meter Physicians Waist High Balance Beams one. They are expensive but very accurate.I love mine and I had it for 7 years,and its still running good.

SANDRA-I won a massage at a raffle and I give it to a neighbor as you felt funny to get one,well now if I only had that raffle ticket I would have applied the massage to my poor shoulder.

SLOANE-Thanks for sharing that wonderful story. Its amazing,how kindness is always rewarded.

Have a great afternoon

beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:17 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Good afternoon, chicks! My scale is up, so I'm trying to post what I'm eating on S_____ P____. I'm hoping some of my weight is the "phantom PMS of menopause" as Vickie puts it. My DD and DS are counting calories and have been pretty successful so far. My DD is posting to S_____ P_____, too. DS is using a special iPod app for calorie counting and really likes it. He has had a huge breakthrough and is eating apples!! Will wonders never cease?

Maryann, congrats on the loss and the $35.00. It's always fun to win! Let us know what adventure you are planning next!

Rhonda, sorry about Doyle but glad to hear about your friend's visit. Will you introduce her to "torture Todd"?

Hey to the rest of you chickies I'm off to the chiropractor later, so I'm killin' time at school until my appt. BBL
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:03 PM   #15  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I hope ya'll do come down. That would be kewl! I have a lady dentist who's awesome. One spring when Curtis and I returned to Missoula, we found that our dentist had retired and our primary care physician had moved, so we were scrambling for new health care providers up there. Then we moved south and began all over. I know what you're going through. Doyle will probably feel a whole lot better after getting some rest. Makes me smile.

Sloan, that is such a beautiful story. I can feel the love you two are sharing.

Maryann, how about using your bingo bucks for a shoulder massage? Just an idea.

Rose, where are you, friend?

Vickie, did you buy new scales? Just wondering.