Old 03-06-2010, 08:22 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Mornin' chicks! I'm buying paint today so DS can start painting in a couple of days!!!! I'm so excited, and I can't believe we really are on the home stretch. The flooring is already purchased, so all we have to do is paint and call the flooring co to come lay it.

I also need to go see my dad today, but DD is sick and the literature says to stay away if you've been exposed to someone sick. Not sure what I will do about that.

I'm thinking about all of you and hoping you all have an awesome weekend!!

BBL
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:45 AM   #62  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! It's bright and sunny here today and will be a high of 47. I had a nice restful day yesterday with lots of things I needed to do at home. I'm not sure what today will bring but at least it's sunny and warm.

Sloan, WOW your kitchen is coming right along! We didn't gut ours, we just did a major spiffing and that was hard. Are you doing it all yourselves? It's going to be gorgeous. Jim and I are not handy at all. I admire those who are. Tylenol PM will work for me to help me sleep. I try not to take any stronger sleep stuff than that. I hope your DD feels better soon.

Mary Ann, I hope your neck is feeling better. When I eat out at restaurants, I get more worried that there is hidden fat in things.

Sandra, I never heard that there were professionals that do reflexology! Now that is something I would like but Jim would NEVER do. He did try acupuncture though. Did it work for you? I'm so dumb. I have to go look up hypothalamus since I have NO idea what that is. I just read that chamomile tea is not good for someone with weed allergies like me. I love how it tastes and I do think it works for calming. I also know some people who use valerian and rescue remedy drops. You have to be careful about those and interaction with prescription drugs. I take a wee bit of xanax when things get really REALLY bad and I can't relax myself. Only .25 mg will work for me.

Oh Rose, your group sounds fun! I had one of those groups in my early working years. We called it a card party and we all worked together. We'd rotate houses and we'd all bring our own drinks but the hostess would supply the snacks. We'd talk and laugh for hours and then eventually play cards. Then we'd go out for breakfast. We've all gone our separate ways now. I miss that sometimes. Wouldn't our 3FC group be a hoot?!

Nancy, I've been starving this past week too. I'm blaming it on perimenopausal phantom TOM symptoms.

Rhonda, I'm so sorry about Doyle's loss. No one is good at dealing with stress but it is the one situation where I allow myself to comfort food eat. It's my last bad habit to break, but one I'm not working very hard at. I hope Doyle feels better soon and that you don't catch whatever it is.

Well Chicks, it's time for me to hit the treadmill. I'll be back later.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:40 PM   #63  

Sloanie, you are right about staying away when you might carry germs in to a person in the hospital. They will give you a mask though. You could also send a card or note in with someone else going in. Bet he would like that.

Our granddaughters are, 18, 14, 10, 3. The boys are 18 and 21 this year.
It is the 14 year old that plays hockey.

MaryAnn our group is fun, the wonderful thing we all come from all walks of wife. We have had Dentist wife, Dr's. wife, factory worker's wife, Salesman's wife, Clerk's wife, hydro worker's wife. teacher's wife, Air Canada's wife=====what I am trying to say is, ordinarily we would probably not know each other, this has been a down to earth group of ladies. We have all got along very well. I guess you notice that these ladies did not work outside of the home, or maybe just a few hours. We were able to meet often.
We had to tell one lady that she could not come any more as she went out of the group and told information that should not have left the room. We find that people open up in a group like this, and it should be private.
Yes, I often think that if we all met the ladies that are on the net what would be the reaction. Do we have different ideas as to what everyone is like. Can you really tell by internet????

Rhonda I am going to have to look up Buttermilk pie, never heard of it and I have made a lot of pies in my time. I am beginning to wonder if it is something like Quebec Sugar Pie. I will have to google it.
I remember when I went to school in Tucson I loved to take Bologna and peanut butter sandwich.

Sandra are you back to your happy self yet? You are always so up at least that is the way I have found you. Are you enjoying working the odd day? I often wonder if you miss your beautiful home in the North? It will not be long before you will be out in your garden tending the Roses. I remember how beautiful they were.

Nancy, shark tooth story, loved it. Don't you just love kids? My nephew had to give a speech on Ancestors at school. I sent him information back to the 1700's. Of course the teacher said," Ben, that was wonderful " and made a fuss over him. Ben went back to his seat and a little boy sitting behind Ben slapped his leg and said, "Wish I had of had Ancestors" The poor little guy just did not understand what Ancestors meant. The teacher then had to explain again.

Well sorry I do not know when to stop. I talk this way also.

Love the name of your Bunny, Toyota.

Blue skies, (and they are)
RoseB
RoseB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 03:07 PM   #64  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Angela, how is the sugar detox going?

Rose, I love how you talk! I'm a rambler myself.

I did my exercise now I'm going for a bubble bath with a good romance novel. My tummy is growling so perhaps I'll have my orange and string cheese before I go upstairs.

Are you all drinking your water? I'm just having glasses 5 and 6 now. I'm a little slow today.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:37 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

All right, here you are:

Cowboy pie crust and Mary Lou's Buttermilk Pie, from The Texas Cowboy Kitchen by Grady Spears.

Pie Crust:

1 1/3 Cups Plus 1 to 2 T all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup vegetable shortening, chilled
3 Tablespoons cold water

Mix flour, salt, cinnamon, and sugar into medium bowl. Cut in shortening. Sprinkle with water, 1 T at a time. Make a ball, work the dough and form a pancake about 5-6 inches in diameter.

Dust the ball with flour, roll it out between wax paper sheets and put in pie pan. Flute edges, fill with filling and bake.

Buttermilk pie:

2 cups of sugar
2 T cornmeal
5 eggs, beaten
2/3 cups of buttermilk
1/2 cup of butter, melted, at room temperature
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2 teaspoons minced lemon rind
3 teaspoons lemon juice

Preheat the oven to 350F. In a bowl, combine the sugar and cornmeal. Add the eggs and buttermilk, mixing well. Add the butter, vanilla, lemon rind and lemon juice. Mix until blended. Pour into the pie shell and bake for 45 minutes, or until just beginning to brown on top.

This is THE BEST ever. I am absolutely not responsible for you eating it
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:23 PM   #66  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Have a few min to post as my friends are coming over to this afternoon.

ROSE A grinder is like a sub or a hoakie.Boy it was delish but counting carbs I went way over my carb count and the scale showed it.

SANDRA I do agree,Ugh to bologna, I never had veal cutlet parm at home because its to expensive but in a pizza shop I find it taster than the old stand by meatball parm.

SLOAN One pound of the weight came off from the hoagie as it was a small roll. Hopefully the rest will be off by Mon W=I.

VICKIE-My neck is fine it now has traveled to my shoulder blade I going to the orthopedic doctor next week. I might need a cortisone shot like I had before. but now its on the left side. I know I should be worried about the hidden fat but that's the reason I choose veal cutlet other than peppers & sausage.

Have to get will,have a nice weekend
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:40 PM   #67  

Hi everyone! I'm doing OK with eating, although it sure is hard to stay away from sugar & carbs.

I actually saw some grass in my front yard today!! I am so thrilled that spring looks like it may be coming.

Tonight I'm going to a friend's birthday party. I know she's getting it catered, and I imagine nothing there will be good for me. I will try to eat a good dinner before I go and minimize the damage.

I just realized the other day that I only have about 6 weeks before this little guy makes his appearance. That's not very long! I struggled with post-partum depression with my girls, so this time around my dr is giving me Zoloft. I'm a little nervous about taking medication, but I am willing to try it if it helps me.

Time to make supper!
Angela

Last edited by aghiowa; 03-06-2010 at 05:41 PM.
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:02 PM   #68  
Southside White Sox Fan

Ohhhh Rhonda, I'm sure I'd LOVE that pie! I haven't seen shortening in a recipe in a MILLION years. My Mom made the best pork chops ever, breaded and fried in pan of melted Crisco. Yum.

Mary Ann, have fun! As far as the food goes, what's done is done.

You have fun, too, Angela. Eating ahead of time is a great plan. Then you'll be full enough to be selective on what you splurge on. You are very wise to plan for post partum. Trust your Doctor. Only 6 weeks. How exciting!

I'm supposed to be watching TV with Honey Lamb. I'll be back tomorrow.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #69  

Rhonda, wow it does sound good. Too good. I will have to try it when I have my kids over so it can be eaten up right away. It is different then I thought it would be.
Thanks,
RoseB
RoseB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:23 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Yep, believe me, that pie is just amazing. And, I could eat the entire thing!

I'm getting ready to eat salad and chicken breast to get some greens eaten today. I've been to aquafit and have walked 2 miles today.

DH and I are watching A Streetcar Named Desire, which I have never seen!

Have a great night...

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:49 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies! DH and I bought our paint today then I tackled all of the drywall dust! I worked on it for a long time. We will start painting tomorrow!!!

Vickie, we are doing most of the work ourselves. The only thing that we have paid to have done is finishing the drywall. DH did all of the remodeling work and hung the drywall. We will paint then have the floors put down. After that, I'll get busy sewing window treatments. I have already purchased some fabric, but I don't want to make the treatments until I can hang them.

Rose, I think it would be awesome to meet all of the chickies who post here. After talking to them for almost two years, I feel like I know them. I'm sure chatting on the net and meeting in person are not nearly the same, but I think meeting would be fun Wow, you have got a bunch of grand children! My parents have ten grandchildren and love every minute they get to spend with them.

Rhonda, I have not seen A Streetcar named Desire, either. How's Doyle feeling?

Sandra, I hope you are off flinging arrows and having fun! Are you okay?

Maryann, I hope you had a good time with your friends!! It's always fun to get together with girlfriends

Angela, post partum depression can't be any fun! Your doc is smart to get you started on medication so you can enjoy your little guy!!

Nancy, what's the final verdict on the bunny's name?

Paula, how's your weekend going?

DH and DD are watching a guy movie, and DD and I are laying in the bed playing with our computers. You guys have a lovely evening and a great day tomorrow!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:28 PM   #72  
focused and aiming

Hi there, Chickies. I'm back to my old sassy self. I think daffodils blooming helped. It's looking like spring is here in North Central Texas. Rhonda and I are enjoying our feathered friends. Life is good.

We spent most of the day in a defensive driving class. It was held at a Chinese buffet so you can guess how that went. My plan is to weigh Monday AM and get started. My clothes are tight. I know I've gained some pounds since our wreck. Oh, well, I know what to do about that.

Sloan, I hear your pride and feel your smile. You have to be proud of your work--and it's paying off! You're wise not to take a chance on your dad's catching anything. I like what Rose said about sending him a note. He'd probably like that.

Rhonda, the recipe looks awesome. I need to stay away from it for sure. I've been indulging wayyyyyyy too much lately.

Rose, did you know we have a great grandson now? Curtis' grandson and his wife made us gg's August 08. Two girlfriends and I get together (but not enough) and go out to eat and shop. Last time we went to the movies instead of shopping and had a great time.

Vickie, I'm not using the drops any more. I am taking some meds I have for anxiety. I had forgotten I had them as I normally don't take them. They are helping. Last night I slept like a rock. Best sleep I've had since the wreck. The reflexology is helping. Kathy said I have tons of crystals in my feet that are breaking up and dissolving. My feet don't feel nearly as stiff as they normally feel.

Angela, I'm going to desugar myself beginning Monday. Six weeks? That's not long. I'll bet you're ready. I just reread your post and see you're decarbing, too. I don't think I'll do that. I'll mainly count points, eat mostly CORE foods, and get back to exercising.

We're watching Mythbusters. Kewl show.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:40 AM   #73  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! NO sun here today but I'm happy anyway. I'm eating my delicious old fashioned oats with fresh blueberries and made with skim milk. It's nice and creamy and hot. When I'm done eating it and catching up with all of you, I'll be on the treadmill. I'm at 35 minutes this week and moving to 40 minutes next week.

Sandra, I'm glad to hear you are back to your old sassy self! What is a defensive driving class? I worry about all the people on phones and texting. I watch out for them when I'm driving and try to make allowances if I know they are distracted. Are you doing this because of your accident? So you didn't say; is Kathy a professional? I don't know who I would go to if I wanted reflexology. I'm glad you're sleeping. Sometimes prescriptions are helpful. Good luck on your detox.

Sloan, you guys should be very proud of yourselves. Jim and I have to pay to have everything done. It limits what we can have done. I can't wait to see the final photos. How's your Dad doing? I've been praying for his kidneys.

Rhonda, you are for sure my exercise hero. I wish I could break through my plateau. I'm trying to put my money where my mouth is since I know exercise will be the key since I do NOT want to go under 1500 calories. Actually, most weeks, my average is between 1500 and 1650. So if I want to continue to eat that much then I need to exercise more. What a drag. Still no endorphins for me yet!

I'll check in on all of you later. I must walk the treadmill now.

Last edited by Vickie; 03-07-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:00 PM   #74  
focused and aiming

Vickie, Curtis got a ticket for the crash. He took defensive driving to erase the ticket from his driving records. I took it to help keep our insurance from going up much. The class lasts 6 hours and includes lunch. Kathy is a massage therapist. You might ask around to see if any near you do reflexology. I don't think all massage therapists do. I'm lucky that Kathy does, though.

Just heard from my dear friend in New Mexico. She and I are usually the main competition for Modern Longbow. She said I outscored her. If my scores hold up, I'll get the title. This news kind of gives me a muchneeded boost. I'm ready to get back "on target." She's shooting Traditional Longbow today and will most likely get the national title for that. That will give her a boost, too. Life is good.

I'm op today. I decided not to wait till Monday. Now isn't that something?
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:29 PM   #75  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, that makes sense. I'd have taken the course too. I will check out the massage therapists in town. I've still yet to have a massage of any kind. I've always been too ashamed of my body to have one.

Fingers crossed that your score holds up and HUGE congratulations for getting back on program.

Now....I really must get on that treadmill. I've been procrastinating today.