Weekly Core Chat: Jan. 25-Jan. 31

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to

• New Pages!!

• Rise and shine! It's a new week, full of chances to do the right thing.

I've started with two scrambled eggs and one piece of stone-ground whole wheat toast for breakfast. I'm going to see the personal trainer at 7:30, followed by aquafit at 9 AM.

Let's boogie!!
  • Good morning and happy Monday. Its going to be a windy, rainy but warm day today here in MA (over 50 today!). All the dirty snow and salt/sand will be washed away. Around this time of year we need that -- its getting to look too dirty.

Its a new week and my goals for the week:
    1. Stick to plan with no alcohol during the week.
    2. I'll go to the Y Tuesday, Sat and Sunday again. I will add minutes to the dreaded elliptical machine.
    3. Water, water and more water.

Sandra - how long can you go on the elliptical? I know it something I need to work up to, that is one tough machine!

Got to run. BBL
  • I love new weeks..

I lost a few pounds that I thought I gained last week..it must have been water
    weight because I ate really salty one day.

My personal challenges to myself this week
    1) Start walking everyday even if it is 10 minutes
    2) Start every meal with a fruit & water
    3) baby steps on my attic
  • Hi Ladies

Hope you all had a nice weekend I did. Had a few busy days trying to get my house straighten out,now I have to throw out.

Got on the scale this morning and I lost 2-lbs.now that I got back to not eating the comfort /junk foods . I instead made a large bowl of roasted veggies that I snack on all week while watching tv.

[1] exercising only 5 x's a week. with 2 days off.
    [2]Upped my calories by zig zagging them again.and
    [3] drinking more water.

RHONDA-Thanks for starting us up this week.You're really in control this week. My new friend is going to take me swimming even if i can't swim.She told me it good exercise and even if I just dog peddle,I'll get my heart beating. Wow!! I believe her, she a real good friend and a keeper.

PAULA-Not going out today as the winds are to strong for me being outdoors. Hope the electric doesn't go out.Those are good goals,and I'm sure that they will work.I have to set up some goal also.

NANCY-Congrats on your weight loss ,salty products can do that.I thinks that what happened to me last week. without realizing it.What's baby steps in the attic???????Never heard of that expression before.

Have to start dinner.
  • Baby steps are what I call tiny goals to tackle something that seems like an impossible & huge task.

My attic has been on my list for years to clean out, so now I am going to try to find tiny ways to tackle it little by little.

I guess " baby steps in the attic " does sound a bit strange. Even spooky.
  • Hey chicks! I like how you are all listing goals, so I will, too.
    1. Walk M-F this week
    2. Stay OP and record my wpa's
    3. Increase the liquid I am drinking
    4. Watch the carbs

Nancy, I understood the "baby steps in the attic", but it does sound sorta creepy

Maryann, you sound chipper! It's good to hear

Sandra, will you come work in my yard? We wait until after tax day to plant in Middle Tennessee because of frost, so you have plenty of time. How's the hip?

Paula, funny to read about warm temps up north when it's snowing in Nashville.

Rhonda, I'm really gonna try to do the right thing this week. Wish me luck

I have Bible study tonight, so I've gotta run. TTFN
  • Paula, it's me on the elliptical. I don't think Sandra's doing that.

I can do 20 minutes. I could do more, but won't because it's hard on my knees sometimes. After 10 minutes, I want OFF!

My trainer says that "intervals" are the best. 30 seconds as quickly as you go, 30 seconds slow. Then do it for 1 minute, not 30 seconds. Then, work up to as much as you can do fast, followed by the same amount of time slow. He says the point is to get the HR up, then down quickly. Also, he says that intervals are hard psychologically because you have to speed up again.

I think just staying on the darn thing is a miracle of discipline.

Rhonda
  • Rhonda I'm impressed with the 20 minutes. That machine is MEAN! I'm going to the Y tomorrow -- I did just under 7 minutes on Sunday, I'm setting a goal of getting to 9 minutes. It is a good workout though
  • Paula...it's mean and boring! But, it is a very efficient calorie burner, as is any cardio. I just keep telling myself how good it is for me. Good luck with increasing your time.
  • Hi there. It's been a gorgeous day here, too. I stayed outside a long time. This evening I ordered a new swim cap so I won't be turning green in the water. Tomorrow I get hair color/cut, a manicure, and a pedicure. Am I spoiled? (I hope so.)

Paula, I'm not the elliptical person. I think you're talking about Rhonda. I did 30 min today. If I get up early enough tomorrow, I'm going to before my hair/nail appts. If not? No problem.

Nancy, on the pounds melting. That's great news.

Sloan, my hip is much better. Thank you for asking. I like the listing, too. Here's mine:

1. Exercise at least 30 min a day for 5 days this week.
    2. Stay on plan eatingwise
    3. Have only 2 Diet Cokes this week.
  • This is my 1st post, I am new but roaming around the site I already love all the great feedback and support everyone gives. I will be honest and say I am new to the whole weight losing thing. I never had an issue until about 7 months ago when I started to put on weight, and now I somehow I have found myself 50 pound heavier and wondering how the heck did this happen!!! So my Personal challenge this week is to
    1) Drink water, this is never something I have been good at; my only water intake ever came from soda or juice. I hate drinking water, but I am going to try my best.
    2) Work out every day, even if it’s just walking!!!
    3) NO FAST FOOD!!! As easy as it may be to grab something fast it is no longer worth it!!!

WOOHOOO!!!!!
  • Jay

We love new friends..

Rhonda & Paula ..that machine sounds like a great workout..way to go.

I have been eating a fruit and drinking a fiber drink before eating today and
    it has really helped. Not nearly as hungry as normal.

My sleeping has improved so much . I have been taking Melatonin and that has helped. I used to be the one that posted at 4 am .

Robin had 2 doctor appts today. They set him up with a pain management
    device called TENS that sends impulses to his back to interfere with the pain
    sensations. It has helped alot and he starts PT in the pool Wed.
  • Good morning all. WELCOME JAY! Its a great board with wonderful support.

Sandra, glad you hip is feeling better.

Rhonda, I'm off to the Y this morning. got good music on my Ipod and I will work that hideous machine!

BBL
  • Jay! Hop on board. This is a great little group to chat with.

I'll say that my goals this week are:

1. do the program that Todd the trainer puts together for me once more during the week.

2. continue aquafit at least 5 days a week

3. get on that elliptical at least 3 days a week

4. lengthen the walk time with the doggie from 20 minutes to 30

5. lose two pounds (uh huh!)

Have a great day.

Rhonda

ps: do you know about "flylady.com" ? It's a great site for getting your chores organized...