Weekly Core Chat: Jan. 11- Jan. 17

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • New Pages!

• Good Morning!

I'm off soon to meet the new trainer. His name is Todd, he's young and cute: that will motivate me!

The sky is pink, and all is well here. I hope you're having as good a day as you possible can.

We all know what to do: stay OP, move, and drink that water.

Rhonda
  • Hi Rhonda, thanks for getting us started and congrats on knowing DH for 50 years!!! Wow. DH and I have known each other 26, and been together 18 of those. Time goes by....

In my town there is a farm that is being started up again this year. They offered CSA shares and I bought in. If you're not familiar - CSA is Community Supported Agriculture. There were 40 slots offered, we each pay to join which helps support the farm. In return we get weekly supplies from the farm from April till November. It comes out to be about $20 per week, which I spend much more than that at the Farmer's market weekly. I can't wait for the first weeks basket in the spring! Has anyone done something like this in the past?

Have a great week! I'm doing really well. Still have not officially wi, maybe Friday.
  • Good Morning chicks! I'm off to JC and then to get my hair cut and colored. Big day for me. I hope I can sit in the chair long enough.

Paula, I LOVE that idea. I have always been tempted. We don't eat all veggies and fruit. I'm not sure they'd let us pick and choose.
  • Okay Rhonda..We all want a picture of Todd
    maybe he can motivate us all.
  • Hi All...NO internet connection all weekend..ughh. At&T just left. Back up and running.
    Thanks Vickie for the welcome back and well wishes. I'm hanging in there. I still have "my" moments of disbelief, and get angry, but I always say, I'm here to talk about it.

Was very cold here this past week, something we're not used to and I noticed the cold kind of "wet" my appetite. Weird I'm sure. I am now tittering back and forth between Pts and Core....If Pts, can I still post here?
    I've also looked at some other weight loss programs, I have been doing WW for 9 years, (still in good standing) however some days I feel burnt out, but it is a great program.
    Anyway...it's still cold here..I'm working from home today, so I'm good. Believe it or not, I'm hungry...what is up with that...I'm telling ya, it's the cold Going to go have a cup of coffee.
    C-ya later....
    Oh and Rhonda, I agree with Nancy a photo of Todd would be just fine. Enjoy your workout
    Happy 'belated' Birthday Sandra.
  • Vickie, I just noticed that WONDERFUL number on your Chick!!
    Congrats!! That's awesome!!!!
  • Hey Chicks. I just stopped in to have lunch and put my food away before my hair appointment. Between last week and this week, I lost 1 pound. Not satisfied but I'll take it. I guess that's not bad for eating out twice and no exercise. I'll do better.

Linda, no one leaves here unless they want to. We are all supportive of Core. In my case, I plan to go back on WW and Core/Momentum as soon as Jim tells me that he's ready for me to start cooking again. Thanks for the congratulations.

I'm going to work really hard to lose at least a pound this week. I've got some social eating occasions, but I'm going to try. It would be great to mark off another fifteen pound marker and get my 45 pound chick.

Everyone....drink your water. I've been lax with mine. I'll do better too.
  • HI Ladies

Had my first attempt in making Beef Stew with Guinness Stout.Leo always made the stews & chilis for extreme cold days,but now its my turn if I want them as a cold winter nights meal.Had my first taste and its wasn't bad,I think I put too much of the stout in it but I'm learning right!!!!!

GOT ON THE SCALE TODAY AND I'M DOWN TWO[2] LBS. so I guess cooking & tasting isn't the culprit. Its mere portion control with small dishes.

RHONDA=Walked with Leslie for 15M and will go on my bike for 30 after I post here. Thanks for starting us up today. I think in order it keep me moving I will have to exercise in the morning before breakfast.

PAULA-Is that a community farm that supports the the food centers. Everyone in the town can get a plot and grow all sorts of veggies and in the process you share with the ones less fortunate than yourself.

VICKIE-Congrats on your lost pound. JC is really working for you.I had my hair cut also this weekend,glad to the mess off my head.

LJ-Its cold here too but a least we had the sun out all day and melted some of the ice and snow.

Have a great evening,have to put my stew away in the freezer.
  • I have a picture of me with Todd, but I don't know how to attach it. Help!

DH has said that he will attempt to eat only what I put in front of him and not snack at home...wish me luck!

Rhonda
  • Hi Again Everyone....
    Thanks Vickie, I hate to leave now that I found you all again It was like coming home.
    A pound is a great loss. Remember it's 3,500 calories you didn't take it. So Good Job!!

I didn't have a great day today. I seemed to have started out good and then, wham-o. I was all journaled and everything...go figure! So any suggestions are welcomed.
    What I need to do is get some walking in, I love to walk... but it has been so cold. I did get a bike from Santa and was able to ride during the Christmas holiday, but the last 10 days have been waayyy too chilly.

I have a splitting headache now which I think is from the choices I made so far today. Tonights dinner may just be...something simple.

I'm going to journal my day for tomorrow.. A CORE day
    Anyway, I am glad you are all here for moral and emotional support.
    I had an emotional day today and I guess I fed the feelings....
    Have a wonderful evening....stay warm.
  • Rhonda...
    I found this information under the general forum information.
    I have not done a photo before but maybe the information will help.

You may use attachments to attach an image to your post.

To attach an image to a new post, simply click the [Browse] button at the bottom of the post composition page, and locate the file that you want to attach from your local hard drive.

Only certain types of files may be attached: these are the valid file extensions for files to be attached to this forum: gif jpeg jpg.

After posting, the attachment will show up in the body of your message.
  • Rhonda,
    I tested out the picture posting info and it worked.
    I think you have to do a "new thread" post.

Under the post area click "attachments"

Click "browse from your computer"
    select the picture in your files.
    and then select "open"
    and then "upload"

The picture thumbnail should appear in your post.

Hope this helps.

I just saw the same attachment option under the " reply"
    screen , so maybe it doesn't have to be a "new thread"
  • Hey chicks, we go back to school tomorrow. It feels like we have been out since before Christmas, but who's complainin' ? I've been embarassingly lazy, so I need to go back just to get motivated. Sandra, we have 13 snow days in our calendar, so we don't have to make up days unless we go over 13.

I just got home from Bible study, and it's late so I can't speak to everyone. I'll check in tomorrow. Have a good night, y'all.
  • Well, isn't Tod a cutie!! And Rhonda you look FABUlOUS! The working out has really paid off!