Weekly Chat: November 16- November 22

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to

• New Pages!
  • Hi:

There are posts from today on last week's thread, so you might want to read them and then come over to this week.

Maryann, we're all pulling for you. Crying is very helpful.

I've got to run, but I'm doing well. I didn't lose much this week; I'll try again.

Rhonda

ps: that's me on my spinning bike!
  • Hey chicks, I guess I have got to figure out how to post my pic as my avatar. You all look so good! Today was busy at school, and tonight is my Bible study. I'll have to check in when I get home. TTFN
  • Now just where is everyone? Now that I'm on the boards everyone has fallen silent. I won't take it personally.

I cannot believe that my weight is not moving down very quickly. But, I took pictures of myself today, a front view and a side view...my goodness the change is amazing. I'm going to take pictures every month to motivate myself even more. I'll post them if there is a change.

(Sandra, if you and Curtis are free, come to my house for Thanksgiving at 1:30!)

Rhonda
  • Rhonda, I love your photo. You're looking good, girl.

Sloan, it's fairly easy. You just need a photo that's about 2x2.

I didn't do well eatingwise today. Tomorrow's a new day. I don't know why I had problems today. I just didn't get my priorities straight.
  • Sandra, I have had the same problem. I was thinking of the quote that says: failing to plan is planning to fail. I think that's me. I have not been planning at all. I've got to do better or I will be in trouble by the time the holidays are over.

Rhonda, awesome photo. When I think of you I imagine you exercising, so the pic is perfect!

Vickie, I'm praying for you. Keep us posted.

I'm about to dig up my week one booklet, so I can count points for a few days. While remodeling, things have really gotten strewn about so I hope I can find it. Hopefully we are about to get the kitchen dry wall done so we can have counter tops installed. That was supposed to happen a few weeks ago, but DH hasn't been feeling well so we have been moving slow. It would be nice to have things done by Thanksgiving.

I've got to get to the bed before I fall asleep on the couch. Nighty, night!
  • Good morning:

Vickie, for what it's worth, I have a good friend who has about only 25% of his kidney function. He has had to make radical changes in his diet and take medication to bind potassium so that he can excrete it, but he can manage. I hope that your news is not too awful.

Sloan, I think going back to week one could be helpful: let us know. I'm going to stay focused on lean meat, eggs and salad this week, but not ignore the other important foods.

BBL,
    Rhonda
  • Good Morning Ladies

Had a good nights sleep after the restless one I had the night before.Yesterday I was with my cansata group and played cards until it got dark.Not doing to much today,except for laundry and getting a few items at Walmart.

My sister is coming tomorrow and staying until Sat,when she taking me down to NY to be with the family a few days before Thanksgiving and than a few after.

W-I yesterday and for the 3rd week I stayed the same,have to break thi9s plateau. I guess I have to start exercising again.

Have a great day
  • We just finished lunch. So far--good choices today that should help me get where I want to be. That's about as good as it's going to get. One day at a time. Or should I say one minute at a time?

Sloan, week 1 refresher sounds good to me. I hope it helps you. That "honeymoon" feeling is pretty darn good to have. We've all been at this so long I know we get a bit bored and anxious to "get there."

Vickie, I'm sending you blinks.

Rhonda, sounds like you're focused and dling well. I'll tonight while watching "Biggest Loser." That show is a big inspiration for Curtis and me. We wish it would come on more than once a week.

Maryann, not sleeping well and stresscould also contribute to your maintaining. Your body may be holding on for energy.
  • Hi

SANDRA-I'm going to watch the B/L also tonight. I think along with stress I think I have to get back on my bike again. I do walk to the mail box at the end of the block,but that only 10 mins round trip.

RHONDA-Thanks I feel like a need a good cry,and some how it only lasts for a minute or tow and that I back to normal again. The VNA just called and she is going to get me into a bereavement program,that not to far away from my home. Wish I knew how to use a camera that was Leo job and all his camera equipment went top my DD.I have a digital and I still not sure how to use it and to get it on the computer.
  • Hey chicks, I appreciate the advice about going back to week one. The only problem I have with that right now is I can't find my book! This remodeling is making me nuts!!! I will have to go to a meeting to pick up another book. Oh well, I probably need a meeting anyway.

I've got lots to do right now, so I'll BBL
  • Hey, Sloan, make one point soup!!! That should do it. Oh, well, you do have to eat it, too.
  • Maryann, I'm glad you're going to a class. That's good. I'm trying to do 30 min most days. Today I did 20 min.

Rhonda, you're a hoot! I love your sense of humor.

Sloan, go to a meeting and get the materials. Then make that soup and eat it. Or maybe make and eat the soup before you go to the meeting.
  • Hi Ladies

Just wanted to tell you that my sister is coming today and I won't be on the board until a few days after Thanksgiving.

Don't know where i going to be an Thanksgiving as my DD has the swine flu,and had 104 fever. If I don't go there I going to be with my sister and her family.

Pray for her that she's able to take care of her 4 small children.Her DH is home now,but if he doesn't get back to his busness it might fail,and than they'll really be in hot water.

See you all in 2 weeks.
  • Hi Everyone:

It seems we've lost Maryann for a while, and Vickie's gone silent. That leaves Sandra, Sloan, Paula and me....start talking!!!

I've made good choices today. Toast, pb and banana; lf yogurt; apple and lf cheese; butternut squash soup and wild rice salad so far. Getting hungry though.

I've had two of my private free weights classes and I love them. I'm so very sore though....she is really working me..which is what I want.

I'm doing yoga tonight and need to go eat something. Chicken and salad, I think.

Rhonda