3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Weekly Chat - 8/3-8/9 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/178255-weekly-chat-8-3-8-9-a.html)

ontarget 08-06-2009 05:30 PM

Sloan, huckleberries taste a lot like blueberries Enjoy your honeymoon. I hope it lasts a long long time.

Rhonda, that's awful about someone stealing your cellphone and key. I hope they get caught.

Maryann, :hugs: You and Leo are in my prayers.

Eatingwise, Curtis and I had chicken salad sandwich for lunch and saved saved half for dinner. That's pretty good I think.

We're just chillin' again this afternoon.

sloanie 08-06-2009 06:12 PM

So far, so good! Day number two went well! I am starting a new type (for me) of teaching. It is called Layered Curriculum. All of the lesson is given to the student in the beginning of a unit along with choices for activities at the A,B, and C levels. Each student moves at his/her own pace, so everyone is busy. I have always struggled with a class where some students "whizzed" through an assignment and others took FOREVER! This way, everyone works all of the time. When one gets through the A level, he/she becomes a mentor for the struggling C level student. I am very excited about it, but it requires lots of prep work, so I am very busy. Once all of the plans are written, then all I will have to do is "tweak" the lessons as needed.

Rhonda-I'm glad the lousy thief was not out to hurt anyone. Hang in there!

Sandra-Unless I am way off base, I believe I am going to have a good semester! Thanks for the huckleberry info!

Maryann-I am so sorry about Leo's recurrance. Is he keeping his chin up? I think it is perfectly normal for you to be a nervous wreck. I will be praying for both of you. Let us know if there is anything we can pray for specifically. When my friend was diagnosed with leukemia, she asked different people to pray for very specific things. I prayed that the chemo would not make her mouth sore, and my daughter prayed for her skin. Everyone had something very specific. She is doing very well now; she is in remission, and her mouth and skin were not affected by the chemo!

I am off to write more lessons! TTFN

ontarget 08-06-2009 06:21 PM

Sloan, I'm happy for you. And I'm looking forward to subbing. Got a phone call today about getting fingerprinted. My appt is the 15th.

sloanie 08-06-2009 07:14 PM

Sandra-Better shake all of those skeletons out of your closet!:sklol:

ontarget 08-06-2009 07:43 PM

:lol:

Tejas 08-06-2009 08:12 PM

Sandra, I hope that they don't check out your cousins!!!

OK, Maryann, that is awful news. I would be a nervous wreck while trying to be "strong" whatever that means. But, as you say, at least it is caught early and perhaps that is going to do the trick for Leo. We are all going to pray for you, you know that.....in spades! :grouphug:

Rhonda

Vickie 08-07-2009 08:18 AM

OMG Maryann, I'd be freaked out too. Please know that I will include you and Leo in my daily thoughts and prayers.

Sloan, I love your idea to pray for certain things. Focus. BTW, your new curriculum sounds awesome. I wish I had been taught in that environment. You sound excited. I would be too if I were a teacher. Although I'm sure there will be a transition.

Well, I'm off to eat and treadmill. I'm trying to do it every other day. Jim is on there now. I'm feeling ok. Now i've got a kidney stone brewing. It's always something, isn't it?

Sandra, I understand about not wanting to post when you are struggling. Someone said that is when we need the board the most. We learn from each other's struggles. Let us help. I promise to try to be here more.

Paula, I'm so inspired by picking and canning. I should look into it. I certainly have the time and would love the produce in the winter. How are you doing on program?

Rhonda, good luck with the house listing. It annoys me when I hear people bashing the Canadian system. I know from you and Frouf that it is a pretty decent system. The US could do worse. That's really horrible about your cell and keys. I'd definitely change the tumblers too. Are people that desperate?

Where are Donna and Coco? Maybe I should drop and email to Frouf and see if I can get her to come back. And.....Kathy is gone again. I guess we all have cycles! And not the riding kind.

beach bum 08-07-2009 08:31 AM

Good Morning Ladies:)

Thanks for being there for us at the time again. This is the 3 bout with the horrible disease. I know your prayers will help him get though this treatment and he'll be in remission shortly.

SANDRA-Thanks for your prayers,they are well appreciated.When it to hot to cook or eat, a nice refreshing salad is the way to go. We have that many times in the hot summer months. I put fruit mixed in with my veggies,and than I mix salad toppers like shredded cheese & bacon bits though out, a little trick I learned from the chefs on the cruise.

SLOANIE-WOW your new plan sounds exciting and I think it might just be the plan everyone is look for. Working a his/her own level will make it easier for the slower ones.Good Luck in your plan,and maybe in the long run it will be easier for you to teach.

That one think about Leo,just like his sign He is a lion and will fight this again,he never give up. and I of course have to be is lioness to fight this with him.Thanks for the prayers,no I think the Lord knows what he can take,he has more faith than I do,so that gives him the strength.

RHONDA-Thanks for the prayers and you kind words.

TechAlum 08-07-2009 08:47 AM

Hi All,

Sorry I disappeared this week. Like several others I find myself missing more when I'm not doing well :o

Maryanne - :hug: Sorry to hear about Leo. Hope everything goes well with his treatment.

Sloan - back to school already????? MI passed a law that schools who get state funding can't start before labor day. Your new lesson plan sounds cool, wish they would've had that when I was a kid (I was the bored in trouble kind) hope it works as well as it sounds.

Paula - :T mmmm blueberries. I haven't picked any in ages. But I love freezing stuff in season for winter. I have a different strategy for bike riding, I down shift to go up hill but keep pedaling down hill so there's minimal coasting, just keep those legs moving.

Rhonda - too bad about your cell phone and key. Glad you could get it taken care of quickly but what a hassle. Good luck getting the last of the stuff done before listing.

Sandra - :wave: have fun teaching.

Vicki - I can tomato sauce and salsas in Sept. Last year I bought a box of tomatoes at the farm market. It worked out really well we're just finishing the last jar of salsa. I don't necessarily enjoy the process but the product is great.

Well I should get moving. Have a great day everyone.

-Tech

coco99 08-07-2009 07:40 PM

Hi Everyone
Just checking in for a few. Was able to get connected. Sometimes have trouble getting a connection.

BEACHBUM I am sorry to hear about hubby. Know that both of you are in my prayers.

Well the eating is going so well. And I didnt get to weigh in on Monday. I am afraid to go Monday. But will go and face the scales. And then get back on track. Why does the food always test better camping.
Well am going to get off here for now.
Hope everyone is doing ok. Thinking of each of you.
Talk to you when I get home.
coco

sloanie 08-08-2009 08:29 AM

Mornin' y'all
I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but the new lesson format is working well so far. I'm feeling very encouraged by my students' behavior this week. I don't have one single student that I have any concerns about. My eating is way off right now. I don't know if it's stress from starting school or just plain exhaustion. I'll go shopping today and will pick up lots of fruits and veggies. I plan to make the pumpkin/oat bread recipe (don't remember the name). I like to have that for breakfast because it is quick. I also need to plan for some afternoon and late night snacks, because those are my weakest times of day. Does anyone else have that problem?

Coco-It's good to hear from you. How are you feeling? I hope your "blues" have turned to "sizzling hot pinks"!

Rhonda-are you counting the days? I'll bet you are :dizzy: trying to get the house ready. Do you hate soy burgers? I personally detest tofu, but I love the morning star farms soy burgers, sausage, and chicken patties.

Sandra-When do you start subbing? I know you'll do a great job. Didn't you teach high school before? I remember that you were a teacher, but I can't remember what age you taught.

Vickie-How's that stone? I hope it is already passed. I've had two. Passed one and had the other removed with a scope. I'll be praying for that sucker to move on out! I hope you are not in too much pain :(

Donna-We started a little earlier this year. In Tennessee, many of the systems are going to a modified year round schedule. This is our first year. The schedule gives us more breaks and two weeks less in the summer. How is your DH? I hope you both are doing well.

Paula-How are you? The last time you posted it made me tired just reading about your busy schedule! I don't think I could keep up with you. Hope you have a restful weekend planned :D

Maryann-how was Leo's visit with his other doc? I have been praying for both of you.

I've got to get busy. I don't think remodeling is in my schedule this weekend as I need to clean, shop and cook, and write lesson plans. I'll try to check in later. Have a great Saturday everyone!

beach bum 08-08-2009 10:03 AM

Got on the scale this morning and I'm holding my own from last W-I so I hoping by Monday W-I, I will be down some by than.

DONNA-Thanks,We both are in good spirits,its still small and the doctor thinks it can be stopped this time around.He's going for his first treatment next Wed and than the next will be in mid Sept and the third in Oct sometime.
Than another petscan will be in order,to determine if the treatments are to be continued or dismissed. We're hoping for the latter.

COCO-Thanks,it was a shock to us when the doctor told us it was back again. Leo was in remission just last November,but the greatest news it didn't spread to other sections like this non small cell is noted to do.

I think that when you on a camping trip you get hungrier when you in the open air of the out doors.

SLOANE- I used to get hungry in the mid afternoon and in the evening,but we changed our meals around and found it to work for us. Now that I counting calories differently I find on the high day I don't look for snacks that often as the low days have stopped me for that.

Thanks for the prayers.We really appreciate them,Leo went to the reg doctor and he give him some nasal spray and looks like its working. He doesn't bring up that mucus like he did before. He still coughs but that,s the lungs trying to clear itself up,so the chemo doctor told us.

Have a great day going back to the golf game this afternoon.

beach bum 08-09-2009 08:25 AM

Got on the scale this morning to my surprise, I'm out of the 170's and into the 160's again,hope that # will stay for Mondays W-I. Than I know for sure that the H/L calorie counting is working for me ,and I will follow the method until I reach my first 10% of 150.

Have to get ready for church,have a great day as I'm going to the the movies to see Julie & Julia.

Vickie 08-09-2009 10:09 AM

Good Morning Chicks!

Congratulations, Mary Ann! Woo Hoo! I'll be excited when I see the 2 60's. I'm glad you found something that is working for you. Jim and I saw Julie and Julia on Friday when it opened. We liked it ALOT. Meryl Streep was awesome. I feel sorry for Amy Adams that her performance is right up there next to Meryl's. The reviewers are saying that she isn't that good but how fair is that?

Donna, I'm the same way as you are. I don't want to talk about it when I'm struggling. I'm trying to be better at that. What's going on with you that's standing in your way?

Coco! You are such a trouper. Just go weigh in. You might be surprised. I didn't realize you were camping again.

Sloan, I'm guessing that you are both tired AND stressed. Who wouldn't be with all that change. I HAVE to eat in the evening, even if I'm not hungry. So instead of fighting the urge, I just plan it into my day. Then I don't have to feel guilty. Looking forward to my Zone bar and glass of skim at night make me very happy and keep me on program during the day. I know if I mess up during the day that my bar goes off the menu!

No movement on the stone. I've had a couple before but only passed fragments after a lithotripsy. I'm such a coward. I really don't want it to pass. The worse pain has subsided for now. If it starts up again, I'll go for an xray or ultrasound so they can see how big it is. I'd rather have another lithotripsy.

Shesh....now we've lost Rhonda and Sandra. I sent an email to Froufy. I'll tell you what she says when she responds!

I'm thinking that I'm going in my pool today with the Great Nieces, Great Nephew and their parents. I have to walk on the treadmill and eat breakfast and lunch before they get here. I better get a move on!

Tejas 08-09-2009 11:05 AM

Haven't lost me! I'm just in the LR painting walls and waxing floors!!! :D

Sandra is at a tourney that she is being very quiet about. Why? I don't know. I guess she doesn't want to brag that she is winning every darn trophy that there is in her age group and then some :cp:

BBL