Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 12:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 264/264/180

Angry I'm Just Gonna Say It: BRING CORE BACK ALREADY

Was it just planned obsolescence? Why couldn't WW leave CORE alone. This simply filling thing has just made Core confusing.

Really, does anyone else feel this way. I'm kinda angry about it!

Also, if anyone knows of any really good CORE salad dressing recipes . .
Old 02-09-2009, 09:14 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 10"

I don't think core is gone, its just been re-named. If you follow the simply filling technique you don't weigh, measure and track foods as long as they are on the filling foods list (which is basically the old core foods list). With the simply filling technique you still get your 35 points.

The information on this technique is not given out until week 6 -- the focus on the first 5 weeks is portion control. Ask you leader for the materials early if you want them. Otherwise, just keep doing what you were doing.

HTH
Old 02-09-2009, 09:30 AM   #3  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Why not just keep following Core like it was outlined before Momentum came out? If it was working for you then keep on doing it You don't have to change to stay on WW!
Old 02-09-2009, 11:54 AM   #4  

What exactly is your complaint? Simply Filling technique and Core are the same thing. WW never meant to have 2 programs, hence Momentum combining the best of both by having Flexers eat mainly Filling Foods.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 264/264/180

My complaint is that I just find the online version of the program confusing to follow. The meetings on my end of town don't work with my schedule - I wish I had a meeting leader to describe it! If I can just do CORE like I used to - then fine. I just liked having the support of others doing the same plan that I was. It made a huge difference in my weight loss. Unfortunately, I don't work with those gals anymore. We did great together - the buddy system rules in weight loss (or I wouldn't be posting here!)

Thanks
Old 02-09-2009, 07:28 PM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

Jeesh, Susan, you are a wealth of knowledge but do you have to be so harsh?
Old 02-10-2009, 01:32 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 10"

Did you change the preferences in the Online tracker? Its in the points tracker -- there is a prefernece on the top. This is where you can follow the simply filling technique. I believe it tracks the same as the old core tracker.

HTH
Old 02-11-2009, 12:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 249/249/155

Height: 5'9''

I have recently stopped going to meetings altogether because there is NO support for using the "simply filling". I lost 102 lbs with weight watchers before becoming pregnant - all with core. Now I have almost 90 lbs to re-lose and when I went back I was excited to get back to core. Then they switched and REFUSED to give me the week 6 materials - I had to gather info from various message boards online.

Now I don't know one person at the meetings who does the "core" thing and I don't feel like spending $14 a week when I don't feel supported. We still spend most of our meetings discussing cookie recipes and cake recipes and such...it's kinda frustrating.

So, that is why I'm glad to find these boards! I know that after a lifetime of trying every diet I could find the only time I ever lost weight was with Core and I know I can do it again but I really do need the support!
Old 02-11-2009, 12:42 AM   #9  
Slimwithin

I also paid my $80+ to join on-line and I was sure disappointed to find I could have come to 3FC for better info than they give me at WW OnLine. I also have a problem with the food tracker. I find it very clumsy to use. I am trying to stick to Core but I guess I haven't truly commited because I'm continually going off plan to enjoy goodies (baddies?) So, it's partly my fault that I haven't been successful in the two weeks I've been an on line member.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:09 PM   #10  
Proud Mom of Sophie

S/C/G: 166/162/130

Height: 5.2

I totally agree with you!
I also feel frustrated and disappointed about this change.
The Core program was the only one that really worked for me two years ago. I was able to loose 24 pound with Core, then I got pregnant and gain some of the weight back. But for the first time in my life I didn't worry about it because I knew that I had a plan that will help me loose the weight again.
So I just decided to keep doing the same plan I used to.
I am not joining WW, I'll just do it on my own using the knowledge that I have and getting the help and support that this forum can give.
I am just a little scared that the people that used to follow Core will kind of fade away into other programs, because I really enjoy getting new Core recipes and ideas to keep me motivated.
We, Core followers, just gotta stick together!
Old 03-19-2009, 03:39 PM   #11  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Why not start a sub-forum for all Core followers out there? The way I see it, if Core worked for you, then go for it. BUT the program overall has changed at WW (Momentum vice Flex and Core) and I've found that in my area, at least, the meetings are very generic, and not geared to one specific plan. We discuss weight loss issues and our leader takes up specific plan questions after the general discussion. I guess I'm lucky out here!
Anyways, I find that the meetings are really great for support and you can still go to them, but perhaps a Core sub-forum would be helpful for all you Core guys out there. I find that just by reading the threads, most of the posts on the core/filling foods area are weekly chats or specific questions...
And I think that the change in the program is for marketing reasons. They always say that this is an improvement in the program, but I think they tweak it and rename it and change the program to continue to attract clients, such as those who want to rejoin but weren't successful on the previous programs. And it makes for good marketing, too. Not that the plan doesn't work, I just think marketing forces are at work here...
Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 03-19-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:31 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Just come over to the Core chat and get involved...
Old 03-22-2009, 09:17 AM   #13  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

I guess I'm lucky with my ww group. I rejoined and they gave me the first week's book and I told them I used to do core, but I wanted to try the points thing for one reason only. To get my portion control back on track. They told me that if I wanted to get the week 6 materials early, just ask and they would give them to me. After 2 weeks, I asked for the week 6 materials and found that there is really no difference between the core plan and the simply filling plan. There were a couple minor changes, which I can't remember right now, but for the most part, they are the same. The biggest change was the name. So I don't understand why people think they have discontinued the "core" plan. They really haven't, just renamed it.
I'm also lucky because my leader follows the simply filling plan versus counting and tracking.
For me, I need the structure of a meeting to keep me on track. I have tried it on my own and without the meeting and accountability, I go nowhere.
Good for you if you can do it on your own. I just can't do it.

Last edited by twestra; 03-22-2009 at 09:18 AM.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:55 AM   #14  

I've been told that since the majority of Core members don't eat as many prepared, prepackaged WW brand foods, that WW didn't make as much $$$ off of the Core plan. And, since Core members were so successful, WW had to find a way to get that marketshare (revenue) back and blended Flex/Core. That's just word on the street in my area.

Last edited by TexasLoser; 07-18-2009 at 10:01 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:11 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 198/135/152

Height: 5'4"

That's very funny -- about WW not making $$ from Core users who weren't using WW foods.

It's also not true. The company that makes the foods is under license to WW to use the name, but they aren't Weight Watchers. Heinz manufactures the food, and Weight Watchers, International does not own Heinz, nor does Heinz own WW -- so there's no profit to be made from either company. We (WW) get a fee for the licensing -- but that's it.

So, your street rumor's not true.

One of the reasons Core was killed was because WW makes changes every few years to program to shake things up to maintain interest.

If you've been around since around 1997-98, you'll remember all the incarnations that the POINTS plan went under:

1. The 10% difference
2. Winning POINTS (and another one, I can't remember)
3. TurnAround

all since the mid 90s. so... you know...
Closed Thread