Old 07-06-2009, 07:35 PM   #16  
Southside White Sox Fan

Mary Ann, I'm happy with 31 but I still have 120 to lose. It'll take me a while. But, I'm a patient girl.

Thanks Sandra! I'm giving it my all.

I whined to my JC Counselor today that I'm tired of the food. She basically told me to get over it. She said I'll bet you eat the same 7 meals when you are on WW. It was hard to argue! Since starting JC I lost 10 inches. I'm pretty darned happy about that too.

What's funny is that I don't feel like I've lost anything. I guess I'm a head case.

BTW, I just had some asparagus and it was delicious. My challenge for the week is for everyone to eat a fruit or a veggie that they haven't had ever or not in a very long time.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:38 PM   #17  

Height: 5' 10"

Vickie - I love the challenge! There is a farmers market in my town tomorrow. I'll need to see what I can find that fits the bill!

Sloan, thanks for posting the magarita recipe. Can't wait to try it.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:05 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi chicks! I lost 1.2 lbs this week. I'm very happy with that although I think may have lost more, because despite the menopause fairy visit, I am having raging PMS I plan to continue counting points until I have reached goal. I have eight pounds to go, and as I told my dd, it will take me as long to do that as it will for her to lose 25 lbs.

I am so excited to read all of the positive posts!

Rhonda-I'm glad to hear that your day is going well. Hope your evening is just as nice.

Vickie-I am so excited for you! Keep focusing on the small goals, and the weight will be gone before you know it. Can you add veggies, fruit etc to your JC meals? I have been grilling veggies on the George Foreman with spices and canola oil spray. I grill them until they are a little brown and they are so delicious. Maybe you could do something like that. I have also read that grilled pineapple is awesome.

Paula-at my ww meeting today, the leader gave us the veggie/fruit challenge. I am pretty good with that anyway, but I will try to add something new.

Sandra-It seems like we are all on and off program, but it's so amazing that we all are still at it. I don't know how long you chicks have been posting, but I know that I started last summer. It is important to note that we have been working on our eating fairly consistently for the last year. Wow us

Donna-I will be praying for your dh and for you. Hang in there and don't be too tough on yourself. We are here for you.

Maryann-I'm happy to hear about your blouse. It will be nice to have a choice of slacks to wear it with. Happy packing!

Hey Coco!

My plans for the evening are to bounce on my rebounder for ten minutes then "veg" on the couch. Have a good night chicks!

Last edited by sloanie; 07-06-2009 at 09:08 PM.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:37 PM   #19  
focused and aiming

Vickie, I like the challenge, too. Curtis has now joined me eating lots of fruit. I'll see if I can find something new.

Sloan, you brought up something interesting. I don't know how long I've been here but it's been a few years.

Last edited by ontarget; 07-06-2009 at 11:35 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:23 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

2.4 pounds gone this week!

BBL, off to see personal trainer.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:59 AM   #21  

Height: 5' 10"

Congtatulations Sloan and Rhonda on your losses!! Keep it going!

Busy day running around. DH is just about done with our bedroom. We are hoping to move back in this weekend. My MIL offered to take dd overnight Saturday so we could get the upstairs organized. Not sure if we'll take her up on it or not. It would be nice to have a night out. We have always been ones to keep her close. She is 6 and has stayed away from us one night. We'll see...we have a few days to decide.

Off to get dd ready for camp then hit the road. Need to plan a breakfast too. Maybe I'll boil some eggs. BBL.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:28 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Mornin' all

SSDD-same stuff, different day for me!

Congrats on the loss Rhonda! All of the exercising pays off in more ways than one! Besides the weight loss, I'll bet you feel stronger every day!

BBL to check on everyone. Have a good mornin'
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:48 AM   #23  

Hi All:

Well, whatever muscles I have that aren't challenged by spinning and walking, will be by the personal trainer. There were 5 of us, and I love it that each of them is young enough to be my daughter. I never think that aging is much of an issue for me until I realize that I love keeping up with younger women!

Vickie, I told DH about your and DH's success with Nutrisystem and JC. He's curious but hasn't made any commitments. I wish I could get him a little more motivated. Perhaps it will come. I think it might be enough that I can get him to eat fish that isn't fried

Spinning is this: you sit on a stationary bike in an upright position and pedal at different speeds, depending on the instructor's program for the day, or whatever you have decided to focus on that day.

The RPM is one full revolution of the pedal. So, at 90 RPM's you have made 90 revolutions of the pedal in a minute. Normally, you never go slower than 60, and never faster than 110 RPMs.

The bike has a resistance control knob right in front of you and that controls how much drag is on the flywheel. You feel the drag in the pedals and how hard you have to work to move them.

So, by controlling the resistance and the RPMs, you get a workout as guided by the instructor. Sometimes you have high drag and low speed, or high drag and higher speed...and so on. But, never low drag and low speed, except perhaps for the first few seconds on the bike. You don't do low drag and really high speed either. You want to feel some resistance on the pedals.

The class is 45 minutes long, with about 5 minutes at the beginning and end for warm up and cool down. Of course, the program is geared so that you are actually warming up for a longer period. About 10 minutes into the class you are really warm. In another 5 minutes I usually think I've lost my mind for being there. At the end of 45 I'm almost jubilant and definitely tired. Those endorphins are amazing.

There are different stages: strength, endurance, racing, etc. Each stage reflects some combination of resistance and RPMs and can also be measured by heart rate and perceived exertion. I use a heart monitor which helps me determine what stage I'm in.

For example, if the instructor says to go at 80% perceived exertion I know that is 80% of my maximum heart rate of 150. There is a chart on the wall that shows heart rate by age so you can see what stage you're in by your heart rate.

That's more that you ever wanted to know, I bet!

Paula: I love the reno stories. I can sooooo relate!

Donna and others: I echo the sentiments about your staying focussed during DHs' health problems. At times I think I haven't forgotten a second of my late husband's cancer treatment. I'm sure I have, but it is such a trial and it is so easy to lose yourself in it.

The fruit and veggie challenge is a good one for me. I eat lots of both and will have to find something new to try....or try to get DH to eat!

I'm taking the morning off!

Rhonda
Old 07-07-2009, 09:04 AM   #24  
beachbum

GOOD MORNING LADIES

So excited to hear all the good news about weight losses yesterday,see we can do it if we try,and during a holiday no less YIPPEE FOR US

I'm a little worried about the portions of meals they serve on these cruise. I'm planing to ask for smaller portions, and I'm going to walk around the 3rd deck 4 x's is considered a mile, is there anything else you can suggest that might help keeping me from messing up my weight loss success,as I have been on cruisers before and I gained 10-lbs on each of them,don't want to do that again.

SANDRA-I was one of them that didn't know what rebooting was ,I only knew it was a computer term. Glad that the scale showed a maintaining during the holiday weekend. Its easy in the summer to over indulge with all the BBQ's and PARTIES going on.

VICKIE-I'm really proud of you with losing all that weight and keeping it off. That so true what your JC Counselor told you,we area creature of habit and I guess that's the same way with meal. Big congrats on your 10 inches lost also.

Challenge sounds great, I won't be able to join you gals,as I'm eating what left in the refrig what to leave it empty just in case the electric goes out while we are away.

I have been going back & forth on the upper 1/2 of the 160's for a long time now,just how to able to bring it down ,even with my low calorie counting and portion control.

Leo thinks our scale is wrong,as the balance beam is not centering no matter how we fix it. The only place we have room for the doctors scale is in the kitchen across from the stove.Wonder if there grease build up on the inside mechanism,but how do you take it apart.

SLOAN--That wonderful losing 1.2 on a holiday weekend,big congrats for doing that.Wish I had 8 more pounds to go, you're so close to goal that the reason it been taking that along.Thanks I will start packing by Thursday,after the washing & ironing is done.

RHONDA-Congrats on your 2.4 lb also,your spinning has really worked for you,burning all those calories.When I get back I'm going to try to up my reps not as much as yours but more than I have been doing.

PAULA-Once you finished with the house,I take you MIL offer and you can relax and enjoy your new surrounding.

Have a great day,will try to be back later.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:51 AM   #25  

Maryann, the ship will have a gym, most likely. Ride the bikes!
Old 07-07-2009, 12:23 PM   #26  

Hi Everyone
Just gettting on to say "HI"
We got back on Sunday. But had several things to get done after we got home. Then yesterday. Trying to get caught up. And then got the new kitty. So trying to work with her. And had to go pay some bills then to WW.
I wish I hadnt went though. I gained 2 lbs. So am upset. I was pretty good. And the weekend I was really good. The only thing I can think of is salt.
I marinated chicken and squash in Italian salad dressing. And then the turkey keibolsa and canadian bacon. So guess I will really have to get the water in this week.
Couldnt get on line while camping. Their router was out.
Well got to go check on the washer and the kitty.
Will be back later.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:18 PM   #27  
Donna

Hello All,

I'm procrastinating I need to go out and mow and I just don't want to. But it's supposed to get muggy later in the week and then I really won't want to

I did pretty well yesterday, definitely wasn't core but it was w/in my points. Today is lining up similar. I did finally get the dog walk in although it wasn't until I got home from knitting about 9:30pm. Today I'm going to go try out that spinning class I've been wanting to try, Rhonda you've inspired me.

Vickie - congrats on crossing that 30# mark. I remember feeling that way then I went to the store and lifted the bucket of kitty litter and realized it was about what I'd lost, so even though I was only a fraction of the way to my goal at least I wasn't carrying that around every day.

Maryann - Bar Harbor is one of my favorite places. DH and I went there as part of our honeymoon. I'd like to go back, but there's so many other places I want to see. Definitely lock for the gym like Rhonda said. I've never been on a cruise but on vacation I pack low cal snacks so I don't go into meals really hungry, helps me not eat everything they serve.

Sloan - Congrats on your loss too. Hang in there you'll get rid of those last 8 lbs.

Paula - I'd take MIL up on here offer, and have a relaxing night. But I know it can be hard.

Coco - Welcome back from vacation. Hang in there.

Rhonda - Can you send some of than exercise enthusiasm this way. I just hate it but I know I feel better when I do it.

Sandra - I figured it was something like that. Welcome back.

Well I should get a move on, unfortunately the lawn won't just mow itself.

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:36 PM   #28  

Donna, if you like spinning, I'll be your e-spinbuddy! I can only say don't give up early on it. There were many days when I thought about that...even now, but I go, and am glad about it...
Old 07-07-2009, 04:36 PM   #29  
beachbum

Hi I'm back,

RHONDA, thanks for the gym idea I forgot about the good old gym.Yes the bike would be excellent way to keep my calories at bay.

COCO,Welcome back, from your camping vacation,but sorry about your gain.It a great possibility that its sodium the keibolsa is the culprit,even the turkey is loaded with the white stuff. Drink lots of water to flush that bugger out.

DONNA,We love Bar harbor also, we went twice to see the puffins and twice we missed them. Hope they around this time,if not we still can see them in Sydney.

Have to close there's a thunderstorm heading towards is.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:08 AM   #30  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

It was raining early today and now its suppose to be on & off for the entire day,and I have a hair styling and blow dry this morning,it never fails that we have inclement weather when I go to the beauty salon.

Have washing & ironing on the schedule today and and than some last minute items to pack.

See you gals later this afternoon