Old 06-14-2009, 10:47 AM   #46  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies:

Really don't know what good about it as it raining again,and I woke up with a bad sinus infection from {headache to nasal congestion than to a sore throat}Not going anywhere today,not even to church.Can't sleep either I'm blaming it on the weather that we're having.

Well that enough about me,

SLOANE back to the fold. I was wondering what happened to you,it great to have the old gang with us again wish the others would appear soon.

What kind of service do you get??We have cable,,but I remember when we first had our computer we had dial up and that was for the birds.

Five pound in several moths is not bad,I can gain that just seating at one meal of high sodium. You'll get that off. I'm not with WW core anymore but I still post here. I'm on a counting calories with portion control program.

VICKIE-Boy your bod must have need that sleep.Glad you feeling better now.I had something strange like your smoky smell the other day but I thought it was my sinuses acting up again.So I just to took a sinus spray and it went away.

I think the world is Topsy Tervy in the weather dept. I remember about 5=6 years ago we had a very cool summer,It was the year without an air conditioner. We had the windows in the bed room opened for cross ventilation.

One day of sun shine and now it back dreary gloomy weather. Thanks I hope I do find my balance,as I'm eating from those plastic trays and I counting every calorie, should find some results soon.

SANDRA-Thanks,I like the program and will stick to it. I know it has to do with portions and if I can find my right balance than Walla!! I should start losing fast again,but until than Its by trail & error.

RHONDA-You deserve a well rested vacation. We'll be on the east coast of Canada but we'll be on a ship heading to Prince Edward Island.around July 11 to the 18. trying to decide which clothes to take with us the short sets or the Capri's.

PAULA-BC Pills MY DD was on them and she had all kinds of problems with them now that she off her health has improved.Woman always have gains with the hormonal unbalances.Glad you going to see the doctor about them. You did wish hard enough,we're back to at rainy dreary day.Maybe tomorrow it will be better.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:06 PM   #47  
focused and aiming

Paula, Sorry, I had to ask. I'm nosey.

Rhonda, I'm missing getting to putter around outside in the mornings. The "guys" will be finished here in another couple of weeks. I was shocked when they showed up at 7 this AM. Your meal sounds good. We had what I call a country dinner yesterday. We didn't have any cornbread, though. The heat index here yesterday wa 105* and we weren't the hottest in the area. It's going to be a hot Texas Summer--but what else is new?

Maryann, I hope you get over your headache soon. We're heading out to church in a few minutes. We'll be leaving the "guys" here working.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:47 PM   #48  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm not sure what I'm up to today except for exercise.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:10 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Mornin' chicks!!

I am so happy to be here. Your welcome messages have given me the "warm fuzzies". I feel so loved

Vickie-I'm so happy for you and your success with JC. Since I have been gone so long I am out of the loop. I assume Sara is a new dog. I don't know if you remember, but I got a new puppy in Feb. Her name is Pippi. She is a maltipoo and is black , but she has three white feet and a little white beard. The vet says she will top out at seven pounds. I've never had an inside dog, and I have just fallen in love with her. I can't wait to hear about Sara.

Rhonda-Congrats on the new contract. How long will you stay in Canada? Sounds like you have your head in the right place r/t being healthy.

Sandra-You always inspire me with your exercise! I was walking during the school year, but have not kept it up this summer. I will start!!!! What are the guys working on at your house? We are remodeling our master bath and kitchen/living/dining rooms, so we are in a huge mess!!

Paula-How is dd? I know what you mean about hormones. I have been visited by the menopause fairy, and hormones can really make things different. It is a good idea to check things out with the doc. I'm sure you are okay, but it is good to be sure.

Maryann- I love seeing your photo! How is Leo? I hope things are going well for him. Sounds like you are making progress with your eating plan. I know that you are encouraged by finding something that works for you.

I guess I'd better get off here and get busy. BBL
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:17 PM   #50  

I forgot to tell you guys about a yummy dish I had while on vacation. At a quaint little seafood place in Florida, I had grilled snapper with barbecue sauce on top of creamy grits topped with cheese and green onions. I'm sure it was not core, but would be easy enough to make as a core dish. I can't tell you how delicious it was! I'm going to try and make it. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:26 PM   #51  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sloanie, it's SO nice to have you be able to pop in whenever you want. Sara is just turned 5 years old. She's a retired champion and breeder who's about to be placed into retirement with us. We lost our Cassie at only 6 years old last month. A breeder on my Scottie list is giving us this great honor. We did not want another puppy at this stage of our life, so this works out for the 3 of us!
Old 06-14-2009, 03:40 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm listening to this, and wanted to share something the interviewee said about her body: "it is my soul's address."

She is an Episcopalian minister and is discussing her faith.

http://www.cbc.ca/tapestry/
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:53 PM   #53  

Rhonda-I love that quote!

Vickie-Sounds like Sara is very lucky to be getting you for her new family! I know what you mean about not wanting a puppy. Pippi is finally calming down and will settle next to us on the couch. I thought I was going to wear out before she did! I think if I ever get another "lap" dog, I will get an older one. I don't know if I want to break in another puppy.

I'm about to go pick up a beautiful rug and dining room table that I bought on sale. The table seats 8, and the top was damaged, so I got it for 100 bucks from Pier one!! I will sand the top and refinish it. I am very excited.

C ya!
Old 06-14-2009, 06:43 PM   #54  
Southside White Sox Fan

Is there any way to tell for sure if a plum has purple flesh rather than yellow?
Old 06-14-2009, 07:23 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

maybe this will help...

http://www.fruitsandveggiesmatter.gov/month/plum.html
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:58 PM   #56  
focused and aiming

Sloan, you ae indeed loved. Our construction is just 2 porches and decks. We're calling the covers porches and the floors decks. You probably have more construction going on than we do. Hang in thee.

Rhonda, I like that. My soul's address is under construction.

Vickie, I didn't do any exercise at all today. The guys left bags of cement stacked near the flowerbeds so I can't water today.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:30 PM   #57  

Hey y'all, I need some advice/encouragement. My ds weighed today and is at 310. He is 5'10" and is 19 years old. Tomorrow we will start counting points (for him) and strict core for me. He does not eat many fruits or veggies. In fact, he will eat an apple occasionally and will eat green beans. I think that is the extent of his fruit/veggie choices. I told him today that we will eat several meals a day and we will record what we are eating. He is "working" for me during the remodeling, so he will be at home most of the time. If anyone has any input for me I would appreciate it. Again, I'm so glad to be home with you chicks!!!!
Old 06-15-2009, 12:23 AM   #58  
Southside White Sox Fan

How about "hiding" veggies for him? Chili with onion, celery, green pepper and lots of beans. Soup with veggies, like a good minestrone.

Check out our site and make him some fruit smoothies. My favorites are frozen fruit with skim milk, ice, and some SF/FF instant pudding. The Cherry Garcia one is awesome.

Roasting veggies makes them taste awesome. Toss them in your days worth of healthy olive oil. If you like garlic, add it. Is he a grill guy? Let him put them on the grill in one of those screen pans. They get all brown and crispy. What's not to like?

You know....put the Groucho Marx glasses on everything for a fruit and veggie disguise. Good Luck. It would be so much easier if he can get it off now.