Weekly Chat - May 11 to May 17th

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Whew...45 minutes of powerwalking like crazy. We had a timed trial, repeated 8 times. Each time I shaved a second off my time

Now, I need a nap.

We have a quiet long weekend planned: more work on the house and just hanging out here at home. It's rainy and cool outside.

BBL

Rhonda
  • Great job Rhonda!!

Well, we did go hiking today -- did 2 1/2 hours again. It was beautiful out, except the last half hour. The wind picked up and the clouds blew in. No rain, thankfully. We went to dinner -- I treated myself with 1/2 a chicken burrito. It was yummy! I logged everything and I'm still within my points for the day! The burrito wasn't as high as I would have thought - just the tortilla, chicken, rice and cheese. I'll have my glass of wine tonight, I earned enough points for that.

Have a good night!
  • Rhonda and Paula, I am happy for your getting in your exercise. I shot a few arrows and worked in the rosebed a bit. That's all I did today.
  • Hi Everyone
    TEJAS congrats on the walks. You are really doing good.

BLESSEDWITHSARHA Glad you had a good day for your hike.

ONTARGET Hope you had a good day.

BEACHBUM I know what you mean about being on track. Watching and the scales go up. I am in the same boat. And the hot weather we have been having hasnt helped with the fluid. So am hoping weigh in on Monday I stay the same. But we will see.

Went to a graduation today and then a cook out. I went and got me a little piece of cake. Everyone was saying how good it was. Well I took a very little bite. The icing was so sweet I couldnt handle it. And the cake part. Well it just didnt taste that good. So I threw it away. I felt bad about doing that. But then I felt good. Because I turned away food. Which is unusal for me.
    Well I gotta get off here. Sounds like thunder in the distance.
    Hope everyone had a great day.
    Thinking of each of you.
    coco
  • VICKIE Thinking of you. Hope you are doing ok.
  • Coco, you did well, my friend. I am proud of you.

Vickie,I'm thinking of you, too.

Here are a couple of photos from our yard:

The first is our birdtree with feeders.

This is the rosebed. Remember, the rosebushes are just babies mostly no higher than my knee.

• Coco, good for you for not eating cake that wasn't so good after all.

Sandra, thanks for the pictures...your yard is looking really good.

Paula, what is the terrain like where you hike? Are you in forest or open areas?

Rhonda
  • Good Morning Ladies

Leo & I are not feeling that well this morning,our backs is killing us.We really shouldn't be living in a damp climate and should be thinking of Arizona or New Mexico a hot but dry climate instead.

Not going to church again this week its 6 weeks already,and I can find relieve.

PAULA-The months are flying by,soon it will be Labor Day and the end of summer. Next week when I find time between all the doctors appointment I'm going to go out and buy some tomato & other veggie plants to start up our garden.Missed having one last year.Nothing like a BBQ and fresh tomatoes from the garden. Gee!! I haven't been in a zoo in years.Your lucky not to ride in those yellow school buses. That what they use for seniors day trips and the seats very uncomfortable.

RHONDA-BIG CONGRATS on all the power walking that your doing,you going to be in wonderful shape.

COCO-Glad you had a good time at the graduation & cook out. I feel the same way about cakes they frosting on the cake there always VERY VERY sweet,I guess not having it all the time our body's are not used to over powering sweetness.You did a great thing throwing it away. Here's to a good Monday W-I for you,I don't think I lost at all,as I'm not exercising.

SANDRA-WOW!!! You have a beautiful garden,its looks like it came out of Better Homes and Garden Mag.Thanks for sharing, keep up the good work,wish my front garden looked as nice as yours.

VICKIE-Hi and still thing about you also.

Have a great day, going to rest up
  • Hi Everyone
    Not much going on.
    Went to church. Waiting on the guys to come home. Then guess we will go to Wal Mart. Stuff like that.
    Need to go to the funeral home. A friend of ours sister passed away. That will probably be it for the day.

ONTARGET Thanks for sharing your picutres. Your yard looks wonderful. I bet it is relaxing sitting there.

BEACHBUM Sorry you are not feeling well. Hope your back feels better. I dont think the scales are going to be good tomorrow. On mine I have a gain. So we will see. I would be happy maintaining.

TEJAS Hope you have a good day.

Well am going to get off here. Maybe get a couple of things done before the guys get home. And we run around.
    Thinking of each of you.
    Have a great day.
    coco
  • Thank you all for your comments about the photos. I can't tell you how much we're enjoying our place. Today we had our grands over for a weiner roast/marxhmallow roast. Life is good.

Maryann, I'm sorry you're hurting. I missed my arthritis meds Friday and suffered badly all night. I hope you can find some relief soon.

Coco, we lost a friend last week, too. Guess we're getting to the age where that's going to be happening more and more.

Rhonda, we need to go to the club tomorrow and get back on track. So far that's the plan. We definitely need to follow through.