Old 07-29-2008, 01:55 PM   #16  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Still not feeling good,so I called my friends and told them I wouldn't be joining them at our canasta game this afternoon.Another reason I'm not going I don't want them to catch what I got. Going to miss them but we meeting again on Sunday for brunch.

VICKIE-Thats ok,I like scattered rugs also,but I worn you to be careful not that you trip on them.

ANGELA-Glad you came back on the wagon,Its hard to do a pure core,my leader always tells me to use your WPA's as this is not a diet but a way of life.I usually try to only take 15 WPA's per week,but this week I used 21 and I have 2 more days to go. You did good going to the rec room and getting on those exercise machine,sure you will be sore,but once your muscles get used to new movements it will subside.

The only way to find out if a nectarine tastes as good as a plum with cottage cheese it to try it. I Like nectarines also but I used creme that you buy from the coffee aisle I think ids [1 WPA]

RHONDA-Some times no matter how hard we try our appetite goes wild. Good for you staying away from the two pieces of cake.

NANCY-Oh I so sorry about your DH having to go to the ER. They also say to call for an ambulance,as they have the equipment just in case something go wrong,Happy to here your DH is doing fine.

Have to go,and get my chores done

Hugs

Last edited by beach bum; 07-29-2008 at 01:55 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:15 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick note to let you know I'm going back to Flex. I don't like counting pts for everything but after doing this for a week, I find that I not only need... I believe I have to. I appreciate everyone of you here. You are a great bunch.

Hugs,
Trish
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:36 PM   #18  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

Angela!!! Great to have you back We have missed you.

Vickie, hope your tile shopping and lunch went well today.

BB, sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I'm finally starting to come around. Still coughing like crazy but at least I'm feeling a bit better.

Trish, sorry to hear you are going back to flex, but you have to do what's right for you. Flex works, I just can't do all that journaling and counting.

Hope you all have a great night!
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:58 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Trish, there's no reason not to count points if you want to. Just eat Core foods since it's such a healthy way to eat.

Nancy, what a fright you and DH had. I'm so sorry to hear about that. Thank goodness you live close to emergency care.

I've done well with food the last two days, and walking a lot. We went to a buffet last night and I ate only salad, fish and ratatoulie (sp?). I was very proud of myself. Today, I was served sandwiches at a meeting, and I took off all the bread and just had the meat and veggies.

Hope you're all having a good night.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:10 PM   #20  
focused and aiming

Trish, I hate to see you leave. Stay here if you'd like. We need you.

Rhonda, you're making awesome choices.

Maryann, I hope you're feeling better. It was good of you not to expose your gf's.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:11 AM   #21  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. Back to work for me today. Yesterday took dd to the beach -- I must say it was a PERFECT beach day. The Weather was in the 80s, low humidity and it was low tide in the afternoon. For a tuesday it was packed! But we had a great time. Now I can't wait for vacation and a full week of sitting on the beach.... Tonight is Parent's night at dd's camp. SO, I'm out of here at 4 to go home, pack a quick dinner to take with us and take her back to camp. It runs from 4:30-7. Last year we didn't go, we were going to skip it this year but she was asking us about going. DH is working so it will just be the 2 of us.

Vickie - I love plums, nectarines and peaches when they are in season. When the season is ending I find them getting mealy which I don't like, but when they are prefect, YUM. Did you decide on a date when you are going to WW meetings?

Angela, welcome back on the wagon! You did this before, you can do it again!

Tracie - great receipe site, thanks. I've book marked it and I need to look around for some new receipes.

Nancy, welcome back as well!! Scary about DH, but I'm glad things are well now. Its amazing what the DRs can do. Was the surgery arthorscopic?

Rhonda, congrats on the healthy choices!!!

Well, need to get some stuff done. BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:56 AM   #22  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

Paula, you sound happy. Good for you. When you retire, every day is vacation. I love it. It's likely to be August 11th for my return to WW meetings. In the meantime, I'm following program for nearly all meals. I'm trying not to gain any more weight.

I'm off to more shopping today. I tuckered out yesterday and my hiatal hernial is bothering me so I know I need to slow down. Stress bothers it as well as certain foods and lifting. I didn't get in the pool yesterday so today will definitely be a swimming day.

Have a great one!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:19 AM   #23  
Tracie

WI today and lost a whopping 2.8 pounds! Granted I have been sick and ate literally nothing for 2 days, but when I got my appetite back I did eat pizza. But I've been eating core ever since.

So I hit my 35 pounds and am only 2.6 away from my 40 pound mark!!! So excited!

Well, I'm off to see the doctor. On top of everything else, I think I have pink eye. Just great.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:13 PM   #24  

Height: 5' 10"

TRACIE -- Way to GO!!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:58 PM   #25  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

I just got home from the doctors and he told me that I have an bacterial infection and I have to take 2 antibiotics every day for 7 days.

One of the side effects is dizziness when driving so I guess I will have to miss my first weight watcher meeting,Never missed one before.

Called DD and told her about my infection and its up to her if she want to coming up here. She said I should play it by ear,as Sat. I would be 1/2 way though with the meds.

===============================================

TRICIA-Don't be a strange come back whenever. I believe that Weight Watchers has it covered by having two :books2lans that we can switch from time to time.Good luck:luck: on the Flex plan,I have friends that still can't understand why I switched from flex to core.

TRACIE-Glad that you're feeling better.And big congrats on your 2.8 weight loss. You're doing great. When I don't feel will I eat as I never lost my appetite.Don't expect a loss this week,if I W-I tomorrow.

RHONDA-Big congrats for walking more and having a salad at a buffet table,thats once place I would have faltered.Can't be around to much food choices.

SANDRA-I don't like to receive a cold or infections from other people, so I refrain from places that I would expose anyone else. I waited out side in my car at the doctors office,and they nurse come out to tell me its was time for the visit with the doctor. I just think its common courtesy.

PAULA-My DD has the same kind of weather where she lives. I don't know, but where we live it was Hot & Humid.Everyone was complaining, never saw it that way in the 11 yrs up here.We're packed with people also,the supermarket was unreal this morning.

VICKIE-Good Luck :luck:in your returning to the meeting room. I find it the best,as you meet new people every week and find lots of info than doing the program at home or on line. Bit of course thats my opinion. Sorry about your hernia,Hope that your swimming doesn't annoy it.

Hugs
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:42 PM   #26  

Tracie, congrats on the great loss! Wonderful job!

I am getting ready to attend my brother's wedding this weekend, and trying not to wallow in self-pity about how I look. I actually have a cute outfit to wear (thanks to a raid on my mother's closet), but it's TOM and I have a HUGE pimple on my chin that just looks awful. At least no one will be looking at me, the sister of the groom.

I am doing pretty well with my eating. I am not snacking crazily any more, and trying to do better with portion control. Of course, I am up one pound since I started! I'm sure it's TOM, but it's enough to make me pull my hair out.

Other than all that, life is good.

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:39 PM   #27  
Tracie

Thanks for all the congrats everyone. I just realized I am over half way to goal!!! I am really excited now. That is if I keep my goal where it is. According to ww, my goal should be around 127, but my personal goal is 135. I figure, when I get there, I will know if it's right for me. If not, I will bump it down. But I think if I lose 35 more pounds, I will be fine with it.
I do have pink eye. Now I have some drops for that. My doctor thought I looked great though, with 37 pounds gone.

Angie, TOM can make you gain, so don't be discouraged. I'm so glad your back with us!

BB, now your not feeling well? Sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better soon. I've been sick for a week now, and my doctor told me it was a virus and it usually lasted 7 to 10 days. I still have a sore throat, which he checked and it's just a sore throat, I cough and cough and cough, especially at bed time. He gave me some cough medicine with codiene(sp?) but told me to only take it at bed time. So I might actually get a good night sleep tonight. Plus, it feels like someone is sitting on my chest.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:11 PM   #28  
Southside White Sox Fan

Tracie, you are AWESOME! Keep up the good work. I'll be joining you soon.

Angela, you have to start somewhere. Enjoy yourself this weekend. How exciting that your Brother is getting married. Is there house all fixed?

I was in the pool for 2 hours. Better than the couch!
Old 07-30-2008, 11:42 PM   #29  
focused and aiming

Tracie, what a wonderful accomplishment! I am so proud of you.

Angela, girl, you're sounding just like me. We've lost it before. We can do it again.

Maryann, your dedication to your meetings is very impressive. That's something I need to do. I haven't been to a meeting in weeks.

Vickie, 2 hours in the pool sounds wonderful.

Paula, how was work today? What did you take for lunch?
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:29 AM   #30  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning....or good middle of the night Chicks! Ugh. You'd think I'd be exhausted after 2 hours in the pool. It's TOM time but all I have are the symptoms....mostly bloat and insomnia. Sigh.

I'll try to nap later and go in the pool again to tire myself out. I hope you are all in dreamland.

Maryann, I missed that you are sick. I hope your medicine works quickly and that you feel much better soon.

Later Chicks!