Default Core Chat: Feb. 18- Feb. 24

New pages for us.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:30 AM   #2  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning everyone.
I do hope you all had a great weekend and have an awesome week.
I see the sun today so I think it is going to be a great day. I can't believe the sun would make someone so happy, but believe me it does.
Angela, it sounds like you are very busy. I hope all is going well for you.
Vickie, I am keeping you in my prayers.
Rhonda, Do you have today off? I do hope you have a great day.
Sandra, how are you doing? Did you have a tournament this weekend?
Frouf I do hope your weather gets better soon. Keep thinking warm cruise thoughts.
Coco, What are your plans for the day?
Paula, Have a great day.
It is family day here so I should go and spend time with my family. They were laughing when I said that out loud.
I hope everyone has a great day, Hello to everyone and sorry if I missed anyone.
Take Care
Ann
Newlifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:58 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 10"

Happy Monday everyone. I've been doing OK - sort of, with my eating. I have not been writing down much at all. I did great through Thursday but now it seems like all of a sudden its Monday and I've missed too many days to figure out this week. So, I'll stick to program today, got to wi tomorrow. Tomorrow starts my new week. Lets see if I can be better this week right things down. I'm not holding out much hope for a loss this week. That will be 2 weeks of no changes. Hmmm, need to fix that!

Angela, is this week vacation for your kids? Today is President's day and we are all home. No school this week either - Feb school vacation. The next school vacation is in April. I'm not taking any time this week, but probably will in April.

Today is just rain, rain and more rain. I think tomorrow should be sunny. I hope! We have a dumpster in our yard as Dh is renovating a room. Since it was dropped off I think we have had 4 inches of rain in the last week, with another inch or so today. Its a two ton limit - I just hope the water gets drained out. We are taking advantage of having it - an old PC, some odd junk from the basement. We need a new TV, so we'll get one while we have the dumpster - toss the old one in there as well!

Well, got to get going for the day. BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:48 PM   #4  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Well hopefully the STRESS eating is over now? I have been stuffing my face yesterday and even today - from the looks of it, I seem okay - but I think dd's surgery is quite affecting me - whether I admit it or not.

All went well today (as I paced the hospital halls and racked up a respectable 10,000 steps!) - we were in and out of the hospital in about 4 hours - pick up meds on the way home - now here is the problem she won't eat or even DRINK anything - of course it hurts when she swallows and I finally got her to take her tylenol 3 - but she is really supposed to be drinking one cup of water PER HOUR - have left water, juice by her side - a cooler w/popsicles next to her bed - and she has barely drunk anything in the last few hours!

I am sick w/worry but don't know what to do! I have explained it to her and told her if she gets dehydrated it's back to the hospital for her - but she does not seem to care!

...and did I mention how I am now getting sick? little ds (and big ds for that matter) have been coughing all weekend - little ds had fever Friday night - and has ended up with some sort of a cough/cold. I was having a bit of the chills before and just took my temp and looks like I am fighting something (100.0) - just took some tylenol and hope this doesn't progress any further.

I am off tomorrow anyways - but have a feeling I will NOT be having a restful night as dd will probably be up a lot - I am super surprised that she is not in bed sleeping off the general anesthesia - she napped a bit when we got home - but then wanted to watch dvd movies and such and is now down in the family room with her brother watching tv...with her whiteboard on which she 'writes' down her requests (and tells me she can't drink or eat anything cuz it hurts when she swallows). Will try to get her to take more meds around 10 pm (if I last that long).

At least we did not get snow - some freezing rain last night - and just rain this morning - was actually a bit balmy when we left clouding over in the afternoon - I was able to wear my runners and leave my coat in the car so I could be more comfortable while in the hospital. (yes I had the 'evil' breakfast special complete w/eggs, toast, sausages and potatoes - bad froufie). Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Hope you are all fine and well - and DRINKING your water - don't I sound like a broken record?

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 02-18-2008 at 08:50 PM.
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

I just finished the 3 mile WATP DVD.

Froufy, tell your dd what dehydration is like, then maybe she'll drink something. I hope you don't get sick for goodness sake!

Paula, we'll keep our fingers crossed for your wi.

Yes, Angela, I had the day off. I spent it decluttering. We have rented a storage space to put things that we want to keep but don't want out everywhere, so I'm getting things ready to store. It's all in preparation for putting the house on the market in a year. It may seem early but I just can't face doing it all at once and would rather take my time deciding what I keep and what I throw/give away.

Vickie, I'm on a listserv of feminists in Canada and we have started writing letters to the Illinois press about the murders of the women in Tinley Park. There is so little analysis in the press about how this was violence against women that we have decided to let the press know that this was not simply a robbery.

Sandra, how was the tourney?

Rhonda
Old 02-19-2008, 08:10 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 10"

Happy Tuesday everyone. Well, just realized this morning that since its school vacation that wi will not be at the regular place (its in a local high school). I can go to another wi or wait till next week. I decided to wait. Looking back on my journal I have no idea what I have been eating. I did get into dd's valentines candy.

Frouf, glad dd made it through surgery OK. See how she is today -- if she isn't peeing then you may need to take her back for an IV. I just said a prayer for her - lets hope she is feeling well enough to suck on a popsicle.

Vickie, how are you doing? I hope you are keeping your spirits up. What is the next step for you with the DRs?

Well, today is my extended long weekend -- love having tuesday's off when we have monday holidays! DD is going to a morning gymnastics camp. I drop her off at 9 and she'll be there until noon. I have to do a call for work at 10 and then I'm off to get my nails done.

OH, did anyone read the post by Glory87? There is alink to her story at the top of the board. I read this yesterday. I was intrigued by the super foods - worth looking into. I had 2 superfoods for bf -oatmeal with blueberries.

Well, bbl
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:14 AM   #7  

Hi All:

Tomorrow I will be leaving the board until the end of the month. I am going to Israel to visit my late husband's family. He died 22 years aga, and I promised to go back every five years. I had done that until this year, and it's been seven years since I've been there. His sister (his only sibling) came here 5 years ago so we have maintained seeing each other every 5 years.

I've lost another pound, but I am going back to eating oatmeal and fruit, which I have cut out for 2 weeks. I'll add it back in gradually. But, I'll join Paula and have oatmeal and blueberries this morning. (The superfoods list is a good one! Another way to think about it is to add color to your diet: red, blue, purple, green, orange, dark yellow, etc.)

I hope everyone has a great day.

Rhonda
Old 02-19-2008, 12:00 PM   #8  
Card Carrying Princess

Rhonda - what a wonderful thing to do to keep connected - have a WONDERFUL time in Israel - stay safe, have fun and have some falafel for me!

Paula - thanks so much for your prayers - dd is not looking much better today but the nurse from the hospital called this morning to check on her and we put her on SPEAKERPHONE so she could tell dd about drinking liquids - told her she had to have 6-8 glasses per day (sound familiar?) - dd seems to be sipping more - got her to take a pain pill but still refusing to eat (unless one teaspoon of applesauce counts!).

I am so STRESSED out about this - so frustrating, I know what she should be doing and I have stocked up on everything she needs but she is so stubborn (and dumb?) that she doesn't seem to care whether or not she gets dehydrated - I am wondering if we will be back in the hospital to take care of things?

My fever is down a bit so hopefully nothing serious - yes Rhonda - this is NOT a good time for me to get sick. Little ds also still home from school today.

For lack of anything else to do today seeing as I am home I am going thru the mounds of mounds (and more mounds) of laundry in dd's room and bathroom (can she honestly say she has nothing to wear and needs more clothing when I have about 5-6 loads of stuff to do?).

I guess I am used to people LISTENING to me and taking my advice and it just drives me crazy when I am trying to help her out so she can recuperate and she doesn't want to comply! HELP!

Frouf
Old 02-19-2008, 01:08 PM   #9  

froufry - hang in there. I've been away from the thread, so I don't know what your DD was in the hospital for... but wondered regarding drinking beverages...could any of those tasty protein drinks be appealing to her ? I know it's not water though and perhaps she needs the H2O for flushing out her system ?

Tejas - have a wonderful time in Israel !

Vickie - how are you doing ?

I'm curious about the Superfoods and am going to look that up.

Patch

Last edited by patch30; 02-19-2008 at 01:08 PM.
patch30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:55 PM   #10  
Card Carrying Princess

I am exhausted - falilng asleep here so might try a nap - supposed to go to weight training tonight but already warned them I might not make it - leader wrote back saying I might want to come for guest speaker (a dietician?) and then maybe skip the exercise part if I am not feeling well!

Good news is dd is finally drinking a bit more - maybe 4 cups so far today - and if you can call it eating - she had a bit of cream of chicken soup (like 1/3 cup?) and some mashed potatoes (like 2-3 tablespoons) not much to subsist on (don't worry I am having some of these goodies too to keep up my strength? )...boyfriend is over visiting now so that is helpful as she will listen to him and of course not to her MOTHER!

I think I shall go lie down a bit now!

frouf
Old 02-19-2008, 07:13 PM   #11  

Hi Everyone
Well I am really bummed out.
Went to weigh in last night.
And I really thought I would have a loss. I even felt like a loss.
I stayed the same. I know that is better than a gain. But I had been op all week. And to stay same. So dont know.
Showed my leader my trak. Said it all looked good.
They only thing she said was try and get some exercise in. Said the food pretty was good.
So dont know. Just getting really frustrated.
I hope everyone had a great weekend.
We had a little snow this morn. But not much. And we are suppose to get 1-3 inches in the morn. Hope the roads dont get bad. Hubby has a Dr appt. early afternoon. So hope the roads are cleared by then.
I hope everyone has great weigh ins this week. and a great op week.
I am thinking of all of you.
Have a wonderful evening.
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:16 AM   #12  

This is me ------><---------This is me

Ugh, what a day. Remind me to run far far away if my hubby ever decides to start another business.

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 08:03 AM   #13  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Chicks! I'm still feeling poorly and don't really feel like posting. After two ct scans I've learned that my urological system is good but they have no more a clue of what is wrong with me than they did before. The ct scan showed a mass on my ovary so I'll be having another pap smear on Monday and internal ultrasound on Tuesday. Friday, I meet with the Gastroenterologist. Sigh. I'm not eating Core but rather very bland food in an attempt to make my stomach stop hurting. I'm so nervous, though, that I really don't want much food.

I hope you are all doing well with your programs. I hope to be back and in the swing of things soon.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:56 AM   #14  
Card Carrying Princess

Vickie - so sorry to hear you are still not feeling well and no further ahead in the hunt for the culprit (anyone consider gall bladder issues/stones?). Just eat what you can and hang in there - we are all rooting for you.

Coco - don't get bummed out - your body is just trying to fight you and hang on to what's it is used to - I am sure you will have a wonderful loss next week so you have something to look forward too.

Angela - poor you - I bet you are under a great deal of stress - hope you can find some time to relax and take care of yourself!

I am home today still - I am not feeling well (100.2) and need to take something? But of course being the 'nurse' on call gives me little time to relax.

Had a very bad night w/dd - she was crying when she went to bed last night - in pain - made her take a tylenol 3 which was probably not such a good move! she was up at 2:30 am and feeling cold - I made her a cup of tea and replenished the ice in her neck wrap - when I went back to check on her she was in the washroom and ended up throwing up! Poor thing - I know it was taking the meds/codeine on an empty stomach.

She did sleep in this morning which was great - we have all been tiptoing around and trying not to make any noise. I have given her some regular extra strength tylenol (instead of the 3's w/codeine) hoping she can tolerate those better - she is now sucking on a popsicle. Wants to go visit her dad so I might drop her off there for the afternoon - maybe he can get her to eat something?

I am just feeling blah - hoping it's cuz I"m not well - don't feel motivated to do anything - even cancelled cleaning lady today (rescheduled to sat) cuz we are all home sick (little ds still home from school too with cough/cold).

UGH!

Froufie
Old 02-20-2008, 12:32 PM   #15  

Oh my goodness...lots of woes on the board.

Vickie, do take care of yourself and post when you feel like it...but don't leave us!

Coco, don't fret, you'll get there.

Froufy, I'll eat lots of falafel for you (and myself!). Send dd to her father and relax!!

I'm off to the airport in two hours!

Rhonda

ps: Sandra and Curtis are champs again...now, Sandra get back here...confession is good for the soul