3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Core Chat: September 24-30 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/123551-core-chat-september-24-30-a.html)

coco99 09-27-2007 05:46 PM

Hi
Well not much happening here today.
Had a couple of bad storms last night. Some places even had some hail.
We are in a storm watch until 10:00 pm tonight. Had a little storm earlier. But not much. Sure do need some rain. Not the downpours though. The ground is so dry. Not having time to soak in.
Hope everyone had a good day today.
My eating today wasnt good. So have to get back at it. Need to go and read my quik trak. And see how I was eating a few weeks ago. And get back at it. On thing though. I need to go to the store and get some veggies. Am out. got some carrots. And that is it. But boy. Does anyone else think. That is cost more to eat healthy. And then the food dont last as long.
Well I am going to get off here.
Hope everyone is doing ok.
Hope everyone had a good on track day.
Thinking of each of you.
coco

coco99 09-27-2007 07:44 PM

Well messed up my other post. Its out there in cyber space somewhere.
Anyway.
Has anyone checked out the Photo board.
There is two. One for goal. And the other for mini goals.
There is pictures. It is amazing to see some of these weight losses.
The one lady had lost over 200 lbs. She did have a lapband thing done. But it was amazing. And then there were some others that had a lost 100lbs or more. And then there was some that had lost 40 lbs.
It was kinda motivating.
I know it can be done. I just have to get the right mind set again. And there is proof right here on 3fatchicks.
If you havent looked at the photos. You may want too.
coco

Tejas 09-27-2007 10:17 PM

Hi:

Yes, I've looked at the photos...very inspiring.

I am not exhausted but I'm closer than I need to be. I just cancelled some appointments tomorrow, because I have just got to rest! It really matters with the eating also. When you're tired, you'll eat anything! And, there's not enough time to plan.

And, yes, Coco eating healthy is more expensive! But, the nutrition is better and it's worth it. Cheap foods are expensive in other ways...like the costs associated with poor health!!!

Night all :yawn:
Rhonda

coco99 09-28-2007 08:06 PM

Hi Everyone
What a nice fall day we had today. Was beautiful.
ONTARGET Guess you are on the road. Hope you have a save trip.
TEJAS Hope you got some rest. I now it is good to eat healthy. But when the budget is limited. Sometimes it is hard. I had never looked at the photo's before. Was glad I did.
TECHALUM How are you today. Hope you had a good day.
Well guess we are going to a cookout on Sunday. My Mom and Dad want to have one. But I really dont care if I go or not. Some of the people they have invited. I dont care for. But some others are ok. So guess I will just have to stay away from the ones. The one lady always complains that I make diet food. Told her it is not diet food. Just healthy food. So she wont eat what I bring. And she could stand to lose a few pounds. So not sure what I will fix. May make fruit salad. So will see.
Well am going to get off here.
Just checking in.
Hope everyone had a great day. Thinking of each of you.
Have a wonderful, restful weekend.
coco

Lady Deb 09-28-2007 10:21 PM

Hi!
I started on core a week & a half ago after being on flex and not losing anything for three weeks. I just started back to school after being out for 31 yrs. So the stress of working , school and counting points something had to give. (And it was counting) I have been happy and been eating healthier. No more pooping a Smart One in the microwave for dinner. I'm eating more fruits and vegtables but you all know that"s how it is. Anyway, I lost TWO lbs. in a week and I am so happy. I'm glad there's this support board.

Tejas 09-28-2007 11:04 PM

:welcome2: Lady Deb. Congratulations on both going back to school after a long absence and on losing a few pounds. This is a good board. A lot of us seem to be taking long breaks, but there's still enough of us here to make it worthwhile...Good luck and hope we are helpful to you.

I've had a long week and am going to bed early. My biggest food challenge at the moment is DH who announced he was going on a "fast" then brought candy home :rofl: Oh Boy...well, I'll just have to avoid it, as hard as it is.

Rhonda

ontarget 09-28-2007 11:25 PM

Hi, everyone. We're in a motel in Livingston, MT on our way to TX. The driver came today around noon and got the condo. We got about 250 miles today. Tomorrow we'll try to go 500. This will be the first time I've ever driven a 2000 mile trip. Well, it's not exactly 2000 but it's close. I'm having a blast so far. Curtis is in the lead with the new truck/travel trailer and I'm bringing up the rear with the Expedition/kayak.

I have built me a little nest and am listening to country music. We stop about every 50 miles or so. I have the cellphone. Stopping is the only way we can communicate. But--it's working well so far.

:welcome: Lady Deb. Congratulations to you for going back to school. I am happy for you. What are your plans? I'm a retired teacher. (I'm old.)

Rhonda, I'm glad you're able to cancel some appointments and get your rest. You have a big week ahead of you.

Coco, you make what you want to make and don't let that woman give you any flack. We are having beautiful weather for traveling. The fall colors are glorious. We even saw a beautiful rainbow today. Of course, all this made me cry. I would always cry when we'd leave Texas for Montana. Guess it's Montana's turn to attract the tears. Guess I'm an emotional woman. Actually, I think we've been too busy and things were happening way too fast for me to have time to get emotional earlier. I had time today while I was driving. Now I'm over it and am looking forward to our new future.

Vickie 09-29-2007 05:39 AM

Safe trip, my friend!

TechAlum 09-29-2007 06:16 PM

Good Afternoon All,

Well, I did go to ww this morning and lost 2.6 so I was pretty happy. I missed my summer goal by exactly 1 lb, but my real goal was to get it off before I left for Vacation so I actually have until my regular meeting next Wed. :crossed:

I made Sandra's core skillet lasagna yesterday for dinner :T

Sandra - enjoy your trip. 2000 miles isn't bad round trip we'll be at 1700 on vacation, and that's not counting side trips each day :eek:

Rhonda - hope you get to relax this weekend.

Coco - Good luck and have fun @ your parents tomorrow.

Lady - welcome.

Well, I should head up to start dinner if I don't want to eat at 8:30 like last night.

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech :bike2:

ontarget 09-29-2007 08:32 PM

Hi there. We've gone over 650 miles now and are holed up in Casper, WY. Tomorrow we'll make it through Denver. After Denver we will be on US Hwy 287 and won't be on interstates any more till we get to Ft. Worth. I don't know if motels in the small towns will have WIFI or not so this may be my last night online till we get to the RV Ranch. If so, all of you have a wonderful weekend/Monday.

I have a friend who has diabetes. It's gotten into a mess lately. her doctor told her to give up diet sodas and artificual sweeteners. He said diet sodas will make you gain weight and a. s. make you hungry. He told her to do WW cuz it works. I hope these changes help her. She's also going to have to change her meds.

I told her I'lll give up diet sodas with her. That's going to be a huge challenge for me, but I can do it. I'll also cut wayyyyy back on artificial sweeteners. Our new life is a good time for me to start a new beginning eatingwise. I'll keep you posted on my successes. (See what a good attitude I have!) I can do this.

Vickie, thank you for the safe wishes. We've had a couple of scarey moments but all is well. The wind here in WY was hard to deal with today. We have seen semi's blown over before. Thank goodness there was none of that today.

Donna, congratulations on losing those lbs. I am proud of you. All that biking is paying off. I need to go read "100 miles" to see where you are now.

Tejas 09-30-2007 10:37 AM

Hi All:

I took a break from all email yesterday. I did housecleaning and my LR/DR finally, finally does not embarrass me! I also bought and hung up some new curtains: Duponi silk, ivory-colored. I decided to splurge, since I needed only two panels, and I'm glad I was able to do that.

Today, I've got to work on getting the bedroom closet cleaned. :yikes:

We had dinner with friends who are visting from BC, and I was very bad, and enjoyed every morsel of it. I'll repent today!

Sandra, I'm so excited for you and your new adventure. In 20 months or so, I'll join you! Texas will never be the same! Look out!!!

So, I hope we all have a good OP day. DH also gave up diet sodas, and he used to drink a LOT Of them.

:wave: to the lurkers!

Rhonda

ontarget 09-30-2007 06:56 PM

Hi there. We are in Limon, CO and will be here till tomorrow AM. Speaking of tomorrow, it's Curtis' birthday. Guess we'll celebrate it driving through OK and TX. We're going to drag our heels and get to the RV Ranch Tuesday. The condo will get there Monday.

I have not had any diet sodas today. Now that's amazing, isn't it? Actually, I don't drink them while traveling so most of the day was fairly easy. However, I usually load up on them once we've "landed" for the evening. I'm loading up on H2O instead.

Rhonda, I am so anxious for you to get to TX. Twenty months will get here before we know it. You're right. TX won't know what hit it.

We're watching football and are resting now. Life is good.